Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Barney's Love Yourself 2016 Spring GWP (Planning, Rumors, Dates, Etc.)

This is the place to plan, get excited, and compare notes on what we think about the Barney's 2016 Love Yourself gift bag/purchase event!

Updates 1/20/15: It looks like this year's bag will be early to mid March, with some presell starting now, and the buy in will be $200.  I haven't confirmed this directly, but this all seems to be the case.

Don't forget at least 2.5% Ebates on Barneys.com if you order the GWP bag online btw (if you need an Ebates referral code PM me!).

General Gift Bag Enthusiasm Thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Beauty-Gift-Bag-Enthusiasts-Information-Photos-and/m-p/2358009...

If you're a gift bag addict check it out! 😄

Here is last year's spring bag for reference:

upload_3966797735369333595.png

and last year's Fall bag with the grooming/men's gift on the right as well (they sometimes have a 'men's' gift option that doesn't include color cosmetics).

upload_8569131111872668959.jpg

Previous years this event has been Feb 10-13th (i.e. Valentine's Day "Love Yourself" time), but last year it was mid-March instead, surprise.  I don't have dates for this year yet or even rumors, but I will update (or you can post below) when we hear things.

In previous years the buy-in for this GWP has been $200-250.

I usually stock up on a few necessary staples to justify the price to myself (Kiehl's Creme de Corps body wash and body scrub I always need and Barney's carries them), and then a few luxury items to try as well, to get to the GWP minimum.

Here are previous threads that discuss and compare this GWP (previous years) that you might find helpful:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Saving-amp-Preparing-for-Barney-s-Mid-Feb-Awesome...

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Barneys-vs-Space-NK-vs-Bluemercury-early-Septembe...

So, join me in posting on this thread about our hopes, fears, comparisons to other GWP, and potential purchase lists (best products to buy at Barneys!? recommendations!?) below.

I know in the fall Blue Mercury and Space NK did similar GWP and similar times as the Fall Barney's big GWP bag, but I'm not sure if they do this in the Spring - so I'm not sure if there are major competing GWP to compare this time or not.  Interested in your feedback!

Re: Barney's Love Yourself 2016 Spring GWP (Planning, Rumors, Dates, Etc.)

My SA provided this info.

As promised sending you the gift info

With any $200 purchase they will get
Barneys gift bag with many deluxe samples
Full size Nars Christina lipstick
Full size Nars Cairo eyeshadow
Full size Nars Adelita nail polish
Free shipping

The event is in beginning of March
They can email or call
Edward Miridjanian
Emiridjanian@barneys.com

Gals (and guys if there are any here!) Look what I found on Barney's, aren't these gorgeous? I think I'm getting the white one..but they are all pretty. The black is chocolate coffee vanilla and whipped cream!

154135058_product_1.jpg154135053_product_1.jpg154135030_product_1.jpg

I have the black one! It is very lovely. I am telling you, I am a serious candle addict. 

Byredo also makes amazing candles, very pricey, but amazing. Ughh I can't stop buying $$$ candles. lol

P.S. Where do you keep your black candle?

I just decided the black is the one I want! Do you have any Guerlain candles? I don't but those are on my Wishlist...My dh doesn't know how much the luxury candles cost hehe I'm not going to mention it 😉

My (male) partner LOVES my Diptyque Redoute candle in the LE marbled holder.  It smells like old incense/perfume and cloves.  Over the past year the smell has become "home" to us, as the candle is near the front door.

I was saying how we should get a backup or more since they may stop making this one (I don't know?) -- he was all for it until I told him it was $85 plus tax ;). hehehe

Now he's like... "we just have to make this one last forever!"

Those are pretty! 

O.O That black candle sounds divine!

Ok, got some more Beauty bag info!

I will post  a pic of the bag as soon as it is released. This years spring bag will have a mini Nars Audacious mascara! 

I will get step  up gift  info soon and she is getting together the special gift for referrals here!  So far full size nail varnish and lipstick.  People who presell  early get an additional gift too. 

I ordered Nars spring from her and should get it soon. I should of waited for bag event. But I already have a ton of stuff for the event.

Seconding what quetzalina said, thank you for all the information! I sent you a PM also. 🙂

you're welcome! 🙂

Have fun. I still need to decide my second bag!

Thanks for all the great info! I sent you a PM:)

You're welcome! I love to see ppl get extra freebies! 🙂

What's the buy in amount? Do we know yet?

It's $200.

Thanks for this!  Can I ask how you know?

I've already put in a presell order with the SA that luvgloss13 recommended and the SA was the one that gave me the buy in information and other information on the presell since this is my first presell order.

Makes sense! 🙂 Thanks for this info!

No problem!

Sorry if these are silly questions, this is my first time trying to do this. 

- If I were to order online do I enter a code for this?

- Ordering online would not guarantee a bag I believe? I have to order via a SA before time to make sure I get the bag?

Thank you so much.

Now, I am hoping to get a juicy job offer before March 🙂

If you scroll down, you will see my post about my SA who gives an additional gift to my referrals! 

I would not order online, you get more gifts going with a sa like mine. 🙂

5 Replies
testing