Ask questions, join challenges, and get
recommendations from people like you

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3077947posts
My Badges Join Community to Receive your First Badge
Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Reply in Haul Stars
Ambassador Curated
Incredible April Hauls 2024
|
Re: Incredible April Hauls 2024
GO-GETTER IV INSIDER
Reply: @faeriegirl great haul, enjoy ...read more
@faeriegirl great haul, enjoy
Recent images from this conversation
New Reply in Nailed It
Show Me Your Nails 2.0
|
Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @Cissy63, I hear ya on your nails bearing the brunt of renovations and cleaning. Ugh. You’ll have a beautiful home and with some e ...read more
@Cissy63, I hear ya on your nails bearing the brunt of renovations and cleaning. Ugh. You’ll have a beautiful home and with some extra TLC, which it sounds like you are already doing, a lovely set of healthy nails in due time. Bubble Bath is an absolutely gorgeous shade of pink on you! 😍💗
New Reply in Nailed It
Manicure
|
Re: Manicure
FRESH FACE I INSIDER
Reply: Thank you.
Thank you.
New Reply in Beauty Confidential
Ambassador Curated
What are you wearing today Pt2
|
Re: What are you wearing today Pt2
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: Thank you @ather!
Thank you @ather!
New Post in Fragrance Fans
Burberry the beat discontinued
Recently just found out Burberry the beat for women is discontinued. Does anybody have any recommendations for a perfume that smel ...read more
Recently just found out Burberry the beat for women is discontinued. Does anybody have any recommendations for a perfume that smells like it or a dupe?
New Reply in Besides Beauty
The BIC Plant and Gardening Thread
|
Re: The BIC Plant and Gardening Thread
BOSS V INSIDER
Reply: Your flowers are gorgeous, @sister13 !  I hope they survived the snow. ...read more
Your flowers are gorgeous, @sister13 ! 🌷🌷🌷 I hope they survived the snow.
New Reply in Gift Ideas
Sol de janerio
|
Re: Sol de janerio
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: My favorite is either 62 or 59!!
My favorite is either 62 or 59!!
New Reply in Everything Eyes
Ambassador Curated
100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge
|
Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge
BOSS II INSIDER
Reply:    
   
New Reply in Besides Beauty
BIC book club!
|
Re: BIC book club!
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: Historical fiction. Post-World War II. Japan. From (well, mostly from) the perspective of "the illegitimate child of a Japanese ar ...read more
Historical fiction. Post-World War II. Japan. From (well, mostly from) the perspective of "the illegitimate child of a Japanese aristocrat and her African American GI lover"* (from Goodreads) As with Carrie Sun's Private Equity A Memoir, this is the author's first book. It took me longer to get through this one, partly because of not having a lot of time to read, partly because there were certain sections where I needed to go back to determine which character was narrating a particular section, and in some instances, where I just needed to go back and re-read a section over again. The beginning caught my attention and made me wonder where the story would end up going. Sections of the book are from the point of view of other characters and that has its pros and cons. There are also a couple of parts in this book that didn't settle well with me - some very pointed, direct, and clear in their unsavoriness, and others that were even more discomforting because of what the narrative suggested rather than what the protagonist actually said about those matters. Setting those aside, there are passages within the novel that made me think on them well after I finished the book, including the ending, as well as quotes weaved throughout the novel that demonstrate a really lovely writing style on the part of the author. Notable Quotes:Spoiler"All this time, she'd asked God for a gift. She hadn't realized that she'd been living in one all along. A sweet little bubble, filled with a combination of dreams, hope, and blatant stupidity. It wasn't a cage, as she had thought it was. It was a shield." "We do things that we never thought we were capable of in order to protect what we love." "The ocean seemed never-ending. But somehow, somewhere it did end.Perhaps it was the same with her grief.Though she could not see it.""All this time, she'd asked God for a gift. She hadn't realized that she'd been living in one all along. A sweet little bubble, filled with a combination of dreams, hope, and blatant stupidity. It wasn't a cage, as she had thought it was. It was a shield." "We do things that we never thought we were capable of in order to protect what we love." "The ocean seemed never-ending. But somehow, somewhere it did end.Perhaps it was the same with her grief.Though she could not see it."
New Reply in Dry Skin
Makeup
|
Re: Makeup
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @unicorn1889 Caudalie Vinosource-Hydra SOS Intense Hydration Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL Caudalie Beauty Elixir Prep, Set, Glow Face ...read more
@unicorn1889 Caudalie Vinosource-Hydra SOS Intense Hydration Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL Caudalie Beauty Elixir Prep, Set, Glow Face Mist 3.3 oz/ 100 mL Tatcha The Essence Skincare Boosting Treatment The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL Glow Recipe Plum Plump™ Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Oil with Squalane and Antioxidants 1 oz / 30 ml