Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors

What works to boost energy?

Hi, all!  I have so many things I want to do but don't feel I have the energy to match.  Any tips on what you do to boost energy? Thanks!

Re: What works to boost energy?

Bad: Monster Energy (the original green) 🤣🤣🤣

Good (my personnal cocktail) :

- Vitamin D3 (i take 2000 UI),

- Vitamin B12,

- Omega 3-6-9 (DHA is supposed to be the magic one),

- Magnesium,

- Zinc,

- and i take a supplement called Thyrosense (that contains: Selenium, Iodine, and other things, but i mostly take it for those 2).

Honnestly i could take only like 2 of those, but all of those are suposedly good, and since there arnt bad interactions with those, im doing that for now.

It might be a placebo effect, but when i dont take them for a few days, when i take them again i feel a difference.

If i had to suggest a few specifically, i would say to go with Vitamin D3, and Omega 3.

I take Vitamin B12 because i dont eat alot of meats, im not vegetarian but i live alone, and too many times i dont eat enough good meats, and B12 is supposed to be good for that. 

I also take some green powder to mix in water or it could be any other liquid, from a company called Progressive (my fav are Cucumber/Mint and Citrus Splash). 

You can read online what each vitamin do. What i personally did is i type in Google how i feel, and search for what could help that is safe.

I dont believe everything i read online, if im not sure about something i talk to pharmacists (they know even more than regular doctors). 

Wow! Thank you!  I'm going to look into Thyrosense!  I agree that Pharmacists are pretty legit when it comes to the knowledge game. 

Hi @loveyall ! So glad to hear you figured out that you were low on Vitamin D, I was going to suggest that possibility. Something that really energizes me and makes me feel good is yoga. I love it. It helps me re-center in mind and body! I do Yoga With Adriene videos on Youtube, and would highly recommend that you check them out! I hope this helps! Have a wonderful day ❤️

Thank you! Yoga has been so great at giving me lasting, steady energy.  I also feel well in and alignment with mind and body.  I've noticed I'm less edgy or impatient, too.  Meditation has also been helpful.  

Hey, all!! Thanks for your thoughtful and extremely thorough responses.  I wanted to update y'all:  I have low vitamin D! As a result, I'm on a prescription to help boost my levels.  Low counts of this vitamin can contribute to energy and even mood.  I think it also helps that I left my anxiety-inducing job:)

@loveyall you got a prescription ??

You can buy Vitamin D3 from the shelves.

Unless your doctor had to prescribe something really specific, idk.. ?

Yes!  I'm taking over-the-counter 5k IUs everyday. However, back then, I was so low that my doctor had to prescribe on that was 50K IUS I guess to get my body to start absorbing it?  I was very deficient.  

Yeah @loveyall, a stressful job really drains your energy for sure. Glad to hear you're doing better!

@loveyall  For me working out really boosts my energy! A nice walk outside is even better!

Hi @loveyall,

My personal energy boosters:

1.) A 15 minute nap.

2.) A bright, red poppy lipstick. My favorite poppy red shade is the NARS Lipstick in Inappropriate Red.

https://www.sephora.com/product/lipstick-P448502?skuId=2245652

3.) A bright blush on the cheeks and lips. I like the RMS Lip2Cheek in the shade Beloved. https://www.sephora.com/product/lip2cheek-P415647

4.) Matcha! An iced matcha latte with almond milk is my go to at Starbucks and matcha is one of those super food ingredients that actually energizes me in the morning. Green tea is also an amazing ingredient in skincare.

<333

@loveyallwell if that ain't the million dollar question lol 😊 . I know when I feel run down my first instinct is just to sit down and turn on the TV or browse the internet but now that I have a lot more free time (I work FT, but I used to have 2 jobs plus clubs plus being a FT student so I was lucky to get two free hours a week) I find that I really hate spending it all on those pass times as they don't make me feel better and I barely enjoy them.

As with everything the hardest part is getting started. I've been trying to bribe myself- I can only scroll endlessly on my phone if I'm in line or at the gym. I can only watch TV if I'm folding laundry, prepping food/ making food, cleaning (I just play something on my laptop or phone). I also find it super refreshing to fix myself a drink (it doesn't have to be alcohol, it can be tea, cider, hot chocolate, whatever- something you enjoy) and I just sit in silence near a window and think about the day, the week, whatever  for 15 minutes. Kind of like the start of a Yoga class where you focus on your breath, the room, the sights and sounds around you.

After that, it's way easier for me to pick one thing I want to accomplish and I set a timer- 1 hour really cleaning my dresser, for instance. And with that as a weekly goal, it's easy to find an hour and I always feel good when it's done. Even if your goal seems too small and silly, you'd accomplish 52 of them by the end of a year and that adds up

Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 25 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing