Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

The Wellness Diaries: SuperYou

SuperYou_1.jpg

Hi BIC!

As many of you may have noticed, Wellness is becoming a hot topic at Sephora. @LexBT and I are all about supplements, self-care, and staying hydrated so you can imagine how excited we were to test out Moon Juice’s newest Supplement: Moon Juice SuperYou® Daily Stress Management Refillable Supplement 60 capsules

Now we have heard amazing things about this supplement from co-workers, this product has a bit of a cult following here at Sephora and we’re starting to see why. SuperYou is a supplement only sold in the US (for now, fingers crossed for Canada!) that contains four adaptogens: Ashwagandha, Amla, Rhodiola and Shatavari. Click on the “Ingredients” tab on the product page to learn more about the effects. Overall, we are hoping to manage stress both physically and mentally, increase alertness and to balance hormones.

We have each been taking SuperYou for about ten days and are already starting to notice the effects. We will be sharing our thoughts in this thread for the next few weeks. If you have any questions, ask away!

Is anyone else taking SuperYou? Share your experience in this thread!

Re: The Wellness Diaries: SuperYou

That's awesome news, @MoonJuice 

Can't wait 😁

@veronika23 supplements are tricky because they are ingestible and our regulations aren't the same between the US and Canada. Don't you worry, I have been very loud about our neighbours up North... We all want to feel fantastic! It will ultimately be up to each brand so I would suggest reaching out directly if you have any products in mind you want to see coming to Canada. 

Thanks @KatieBT! I did notice as well that the US has more brands with cannabis based products and I would like for those to be available here as well. Unsure what the new regulations are for that in Canada but definitely would love to see some of these brands/products show up here. Like Lord Jones and High Beauty. Also hoping Canada will get Herbivore Emerald Hemp Seed Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL  and still waiting on Origins Hello Calm™ Relaxing & Hydrating Face Mask with Hemp Seed Oil 2.5 oz/ 75 mL  although I was told they don't plan on selling this in Canada. 😞

@veronika23 Suppliments aren't regulated so it really makes no sense why we DON'T have them 🤷‍♀️

@GG84  actually they are... that could be part of the reason. That or some of the brands have contracts with other retailers in Canada. I can think of one brand that is sold at Sephora US and not Canada... but we can buy it from another retailer.

Hi @veronika23 did you get the product we discussed many times lately from another distributor? If so can you PM me ? That would be awesome! 

@keana1I wish! Had I seen it I would have totally told you about it!

Ditto on my side @veronika23 ! I would let you know also! 

Thanks! 🙂 @keana1

@veronika23 Since when are they regulated? I'm not talking about Cannabis. 

@GG84   In the early 2000's. Usually regulations in Canada (drugs, cosmetics, food, etc) are much more strict than in the US... This is why sometimes we can't get some sunscreen products or certain skin care items. The regs either won't allow them because of certain ingredients (or levels of ingredients) or they might need an identification number (different depending on the product) and companies might not want to deal with that. Like chemical sunscreens (depending on ingredients) will have a DIN (drug identification number) while a physical sunscreen (depending on ingredients) will be considered natural and it will have a NPN (natural product number).

Or in some cases if Sephora doesn't carry the brand it might have to do with a contract the brand has with another retailer. Like The Beauty Chef is available at Sephora US but it's not available at Sephora Canada... but we can buy it via The Detox Market.

Like @LexBT, I am also 10 days into taking SuperYou.

In all honesty, I am pretty inconsistent when it comes to taking my daily vitamins and supplements but knowing this could help with stress I have been on top of it! I have also heard amazing things about Moon Juice so was excited to jump in. For context, my sister is finishing up her Master's in holistic health and she's a big fan of Moon Juice. When she recommends a brand I feel like I can trust that brand will provide products that are effective and good for my health. On top of that, it's 100% animal product-free so safe for vegans as well as GMO, gluten, soy, dairy (obvi) and sugar-free. Yes, please! 

To be honest, I didn't think I would notice a difference in my stress levels, which have been excessively high in 2018. I'm am that person who jumps and is visibly shaken when someone pops out from nowhere or I open a door to see another human (my reaction says "monster!"). It's actually quite comical that people are always apologizing for accidentally scaring me whenever I open a door to find them minding their own business. I'm hoping SuperYou can help calm me down because these incidents happen at least a few times each week. 

It's only been 10 days but, so far, I am impressed! I have been feeling noticeably calmer for, what feels like, the first time all year. I have also noticed an improvement in my focus, which is great because my mind likes to jump around at the speed of light. I feel like a calm is starting to take over me and I'm more at peace. Needless to say, I am looking forward to the next couple of weeks as I continue to test this supplement. 

I'll post another update soon!

I need this supplement in my life @KatieBT ! My stress levels are so high I have a very hard time relaxing enough to be able to fall asleep! I’ve tried melatonin 3 mg supplements and they’re not for me ! Even though I’m a pharmacist,I’d rather take a holistic approach than use prescription products to relieve stress! 

@keana1 I’m so sorry to hear you are stressed! It takes such a toll on your wellbeing so getting my stress under control is a huge priority for me. 

I wouldn’t recommend SuperYou for better sleep since it’s definitely going to make you more focused - rhodiola is pretty stimulating! I take SuperYou in the morning to avoid any sleep issues. 

For my nighttime ritual I looooove reishi. Lately my go-to is FOUR SIGMATIC - Mushroom Hot Cacao Mix with Reish. It doesn’t knock me out but I can nolive a difference when I don’t have it before bed. Sleep is definitely a topic we should take on in the future!

Thanks for your honest reply @KatieBT ! I guess I’ll try to find out where I can get the Four Sigmatic reishi mushroom drink mixes in Canada! Is Sephora considering making this brand available at Sephora Canada? 

That's so cool that your sister is in that sphere and is a fan of this brand @KatieBT ! Definitely an extra vote of confidence. I am also pretty inconsistent with vitamins, but the benefits this seems to provide are motivating. 

@Mcakes yes her expertise is extremely handy - it’s fun to geek out together over health and nutrition. That being said, I trust her opinion especially when it comes to supplements because it’s hard to know what will work. 

I figure if I can find supplements that work I will be motivated to take them daily. I‘m glad to see a difference with this particular supplement within such a short amount of time. 

I’m so interested in taking a supplement but I’m not sure what a good choice would be from Canada @KatieBT ☺️ I’ll be following closely to see what others are using, I’d love to focus more on internal wellness 💗 

Hi there!! We're working to get SuperYou registered in Canada! Keep your eye out in 2019 🙂

Anything that helps me with my stress and health I would love to try @KatieBT

💜 I hope it comes to Canada 🤞

So glad to see this thread, @KatieBT and @LexBT! I just picked up a bottle of SuperYou during the fall sale and plan to start taking them regularly next week after a doctor's appointment. I'm very interested in reading about everyone's experiences! 

81 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • SuperYou_1.jpg
testing