Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

I'm on a desert island.๐Ÿœ I refuse to drink water...

Guys, I'm in serious need of water. I live literally in a desert. Dry air with almost zero humidity. One day I applied the PTR Cucumber gel hydrating mask and minutes later....zero to be found on my skin. My face DRANK it. ๐Ÿ˜ My eye shadow primer cakes in 2.5 seconds and my shadows won't blend. I have to spray grape water about 10 times during make-up applications. I did just order the Water Sleeping Mask and the lip sleeping mask from LANEIGE. they've been amazing in sample form. Should I also get the eye mask? HELP! I cannot for some reason get myself to drink water. I have tons of waterbottles even a 100oz bottle complete with straw, easy hold handle and an arm strap for easy carrying. BUT I DON'T USE IT. I think the last time I drank more than 8oz of water was months ago. Any tips/suggestions or links to help force myself or train myself to drink my f*ing water? THANK YOU SO MUCH! โค/Thirsty in Utah

Sit down at a table or with the water bottle in your lap (with the straw close to your face) when doing something like watching tv, looking at your phone, reading, etc., and you'll naturally start drinking the water, I used to HATE water, all I'd drink was coffee and tea until one day I literally had to be hospitalized because I was so dehydrated and just didnt so anything about it! Also definitely eat a lot of fruit whenever the water is too much, sometimes the plainness makes me feel nauseous, so eating a couple pieces of watermelon or pineapple really helps me!

your body still need Electrolytes so your body can retain the water trust I know I'm from Phoenix AZ but live in Las Vegas NV an I'm a women in construction so I'm out side alot you gotta eat water base food like watermelon, cucumber, lettuce, ext....for your body remember work inside your body to help the outside your skin routine is important as well my consist of 6-9 steps when I get up in the morning after work which is usually nighttime this makes a huge difference in my skin an on my days off when I finally get to be a woman use my makeup but it takes time to find out what works for you when it comes to outer beauty an sephora you can get samples plus if you dont like it they have a good return policy I hope this helps ๐Ÿ˜

Re: I'm on a desert island.๐Ÿœ I refuse to drink water...

Hey girl!! 

I've struggled with the same thing.  I tried different (healthyish) powders to mix in my waters and have to mention Perricone MD, Super Berry with Acai Supplement Powder.  Unfortunately, Sephora doesn't carry it anymore but you can probably even find it on Amazon or their own website!

It taste SO good and you feel healthier drinking it too ๐Ÿ™‚

@Gboss I would echo the infusion ideas with fruit and/or herbs. I had a problem with being consistent even this way though because the prep time would get me especially in busy mornings. My solution here was to slice a bunch of lemons/limes/cucumbers and keep them in a container or baggies in the fridge for the week so I could grab and go or pre-make either a pitcher or a few bottles to make it faster/ more convenient 

As a former soda addict I can say Iโ€™ve been there. First and foremost, you need to remove the temptation of soda. Even if you donโ€™t intend to cut out soda entirely (like I did) and wanna have one once in a while, you should still have no soda laying around the house where itโ€™s easy to grab and just drink without thinking about it. What I did when I first started cutting soda was only keeping water and tea at my house, and ordering soda only if I went out for lunch or dinner. Even if youโ€™re eating out every day, a single soda while out is better than having a handful over the course of the day at home!

I also buy water flavor thingies (I donโ€™t know what the official name is lol) for my water. Crystal Light makes 5 calorie powdered flavor things, but I normally buy Publixโ€™s 0 calorie liquid flavoring. In my cabinet now I have fruit punch, southern sweet tea, raspberry lemonade, berry pomegranate, and watermelon lemonade! So I have a ton of options and never have to get bored of drinking the same thing.

@Gboss my family moved away from soda when we got the soda stream! I exclusively drink carbonated water now (there are even three levels of fizz you can choose from). They do also make flavorings so you can make your own "soda" that's primarily water based and has less sugar. My family likes the lemonade flavoring. Also for the laneige eye mask - I LOVE mine and use it a couple times a week even on my eyelids that get super dry. A little goes a long way. I've been using a DS 5ml for months because you dont need a ton

@Gboss In addition to all the other great suggestions, you can help keep hydrated by eating fruits and veggies with high water contents.

@Gboss Have you tried infused water or flavored water? I also used to have a lot of trouble making myself drink plain water but adding a little flavor helped me. 

RE: I'm on a desert island.๐Ÿœ I refuse to drink water...

Sometimes trying to add cucumber and lemon and drinking it a cold temperature helps! Those are two of the tricks I use when I notice myself not drinking! Either keep my water super cold, or add a little zest to it with the cucumber and lemon.

thank you for your reply and suggestions! I've used flavo...

thank you for your reply and suggestions! I've used flavorings in the past but never fresh fruits. usually the "Mio" enhancers. But they taste so synthetic.

RE: I'm on a desert island.๐Ÿœ I refuse to drink water...

Hey, there! First of all, letโ€™s get down to why you arenโ€™t drinking! Is it the blandness of water that makes you not want to drink it? Is it just forgetting to drink it? Whatโ€™s up, girl?

Thanks for the reply!! Honestly I think water tastes awfu...

Thanks for the reply!! Honestly I think water tastes awful. (yes, it has. taste to me) According to my Mom I have always said any and all water "tastes funny." She kept making references to the little girl in the film "Signs. I do often forget also, but I'm a soda drinker, my entire family is. I don't know if I can kick the soda being an only parent to my 3 year old son, I drink soda to function. (It's like my coffee ๐Ÿ˜…) I need a way to make hydrating some sort of contest or challenge I think. idk. Any suggestions or Help?

Re: Thanks for the reply!! Honestly I think water tastes awfu...

@Gboss Water tastes different in different places. Have you tried artesian water like Fiji? I find that it tastes much better. Voss is good too.

I don't like water either, but I am pretty diligent at drinking it and have 2 reminders on my phone through the day to ensure I have finished my bottles.

If you have an infuser pitch or bottle, I like using mint and cucumber or watermelon and mint to give it some flavor.

Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 22 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing