cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

Help! Hair Stylist needed 4 Matted Hair! 🙏🏼💕

Aloha to you all🌸

1st, I’d like to start off this post by thanking anyone who is taking the time to read this. I’ve wanted to post this for a while, but always chickened out at the end, deleting what I wrote. But I told myself that I need to brave, that I’ll never get out of this nightmare unless I reach out for help..so here it goes…please be kind🙏🏼😘

I’m desperately looking for a hair stylist who either specializes in Detangling Services, or knows someone who does. I know this isn’t a common specialty, but I guarantee you, especially due to Covid, the need for empathetic stylists who are willing to take on this venture will be great. 

Due to Depression/Anxiety, losing my Father in Law to Covid-19. Losing my baby girl Morgan🐶, my 12 year old Pitbull, and being in a volatile relationship I stopped taking care of myself at the beginning of 2020. It started w/ not brushing my extremely long, (naturally tangly) hair, to not washing it, and keeping it in a bun forever. Within weeks, I formed this horrific knot in the back of hair near my neck. I couldn’t believe how fast it happened and I was so ashamed, but knew I had to reach out…unfortunately my timing was horrible and as I reached out to stylists on Yelp, within a week, the country went into lockdown due to Covid.

Spearing you the “nitty gritty” details of the past year, I now have my entire head of hair matted and in dreads. I’ve tried so many different detanglers, brushes etc. I’ve watched every YouTube videos I can find, done research on how to fix this nightmare but get about 2hrs in a give up feeling so hopeless w/ the small progress I’ve made.

But here we are, a year later, restrictions lifted, salons open, and I’m finally able to get the help I’ve so desperately needed. 

So you’d think, we’ll go do it! Find a salon and nip this in the bud!!! Well there’s a problem…. to say I’m embarrassed is an understatement, to say I’m ashamed of myself is an understatement… I’m utterly completely mortified of the way I look and what I’ve done to myself. I avoid leaving my house at all costs, and don’t even want to leave my house because of the sheer disgust I have towards my hair and the way I look. I’ve been able to get away w/ wearing beanies to hide my hair, but summer is right around the corner and I’ll no longer be able to get away with it. 😢

With that said, If anyone knows any stylists that would be willing to help me, I’d greatly appreciate it.🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 I’m in the Orange County California area, but willing to travel for the right stylist. 

And If there’s anyone going through the same thing as me, please reach out, Im here to listen and hopefully I can help you out too💕💕 

In Good Health,

Kristen🌸

Re: Help! Hair Stylist needed 4 Matted Hair! 🙏🏼💕

Hey that's me this year! I'm just here to say, don't ever be embarassed of your appearance. We all feel like everyone is judging us. No one gives a st. I'm completely disgusting RN, my hair is one dreadlock, but I'm more focused on what my children think of me than strangers. They don't have to like my appearance but they also don't have to look. They're not the ones who are going to help with my mental health. I hope you fixed your hair so you feel better, either way you put your shoulders back and know you will get through anything. You always have.

Hi, gorgeous!! @Mrsmoorefoto37 

I'm so sorry that I also don't have a stylist recommendation, but I just wanted to say that you. are. absolutely. incredible. You are so, so, so brave to be going through all of this. Stay strong, beautiful love. 

Did you get the matt out? I'm going thru same thing!!

@FullCoverageBB @danielledanielle 

Thank you both from the bottom of my heart for your kind and uplifting replies🙏🏼 I can’t begin to tell how much they mean to me. 💕

You both have given me HOPE that I CAN DO THIS!!! Speaking of “doing this” I just found out there’s a stylist down in San Diego who is going to help me out next week!! 😳👏🏼 Im so relieved but absolutely terrified of the thought of her even glancing at my hair😢  But you both have given me that extra boost of confidence that I so desperately need🥰

Thank you both again!! Your absolute ANGELS 😇 😇 😘💕🥰

#mattedhair #hairhelp #depression #hairstylist

Hi there! Was the hair stylist able to get the knot out?? Also, I’m in SD and going through a similar situation! Do you mind sharing the stylist you went to? Thank you! 

@Mrsmoorefoto37, I couldn't be happier to read this!! Please keep us updated. I hope she is able to get your hair back to it's beauty. Xoxoxo

@Mrsmoorefoto37 , I don't have a stylist rec, but I wanted to say, thanks for your openness, take care of yourself and be kind to yourself.

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing