Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

Do any supplements work?

Hi, all! I've been considering some of the beauty supplement brands that Sephora carries, like HUM Nutrition, but am wary of investing in something that doesn't actually have real benefits. Has anyone tried some of these and seen real, positive impacts? Thanks!

Re: Do any supplements work?

This is my topic.

Supplements can and do work, some can take up to 6 months to see results.. others more quickly.  I am not sure of the brands Sephora sells.  

That said you can do as well if not better from eating right...tons of fruits and vegetables.  One gal, Chef AJ, has a diet plan where you eat 2 lbs of vegetables a day.   Then you can eat anything you want as long as it is a whole food plant that is not a nut or fatty item.   My opinion on this is you might not lose weight but if you eat 2 lbs of vegetables your skin will look better.

For immune system, Beta Glucan by Better Way Health is one of the best... it is expensive though.   I also use their vitamin D just because it is convenient.  

For pain Bosmeric-SR is wonderful.  Better way health also sells it but you can google it and find other places.   It is a combination of curcumin, ginger and boswellia.   The doctor who formulated it is one I have gone to for health problems and he is wonderful.

I have found that as a general rule, greens powders can really help my skin.  They make it look brighter.   There are a lot of good ones out there.   I have found one that my teenage son will drink so I get that and we both use it.  It has definitely helped his skin.  Macro Greens Superfood.  It actually tastes decent.   Since I can get my child to drink it I consider it a win.    

Regarding hum nutrition.. I would avoid anything candy like.. it might help a child but adults usually need more.  Also there is a lot of scientific debate over probiotics so try to get that from fermented food.  The Daily Cleanse Clear skin might be worth a try.  Because it has selenium I would use the required dose.   The price seems reasonable.    Medical Medium recommends spirulina for detoxing and this supplement has some of that.   If it does not work you might need more spirulina or dandelion, etc.  perhaps try a powder.  

I hope this helped.

I've used Moon Juice products and do see benefits.  I like the power dust and beauty dust.  They have adaptogens in them, and they do elevate or calm me (depending on which one I use).  Finally, the beauty dust gives me a glow.  I did not see benefits with the Super You, though.  You can also get some organic adaptogens at Sprouts or health food stores.  That is what I typically do.  

Anonymous Insider

VIVISCAL !!! - But don’t take it for only a month or a few months & then stop, make it an official pill to add to your daily pill intake regimen. Give it 2/3 years of taking it regularly everyday. You’ll see within a month or so the results but to see full results not just the start of the results. Take 2-4 pills in a day for a while & they will do the trick. ... I LOVE this brand! It tastes like multivitamin so drink with a strong drink that will cover the taste, like chocolate milk or a strong tasting juice. ... I saw results right away - hair everywhere on your body gets triggers & your nails grow well as well. But if it’s head of hair that you want, take these, don’t fuss, just do what you need to do to maintain your body elsewhere. My leg hair & chin chairs I get, grow back quicker with these is what I’m pointing at. My nails grow within 2 weeks, to a decent pretty length. My hair was uneven & thin & shedding - now it’ longer, fuller, evening out & shedding normally but not anything to be concerned with. These are wonderful! Highly, HIGHLY recommend! Find them in your local Target or order on Target or Walmart online! - again, to get the full on results take for 6 months + ... Make it apart of your daily pill intake & stick with it. 💜

@oneeyeclosed I found Sugar Bear Hair gummies to be mostly pointless. It did very little to thicken the hair on my head, brows, and lashes. But my hair did grow faster. I recommend consulting a naturopath and/or nutritionist regarding supplement intake, as they’re actually qualified to give sound advice on the topic. 

Ive been curious about hair supplements; Ouai sells theyre own, saying it helps with the hair health.

I really wish i could find a real good hair supplement that really would give results. 

I have thin hair and wish i had more density to them, ill be 40 soon and i just wish...

You have a right to be wary of supplements and their benefits. But I would recommend speaking with a doctor regarding certain supplements, for example vitamin D and zinc. I say that because if you don't have a deficiency in those then you'll be doing your body more harm than good. Not all supplements are created equal and your body also doesn't require all supplements. 

Hi @oneeyeclosed!

I've tried one of the powder ones that you mix with water.  I can't remember the brand but it was supposed to taste like mint chocolate chip.  It tasted gross and I returned it right away.

Some supplements work well but I'd be cautious.  Since most aren't approved by the FDA, they aren't proven to work.  I'd be careful of the ingredients as well!  There was a problem with the Sugar Bear gummies Kylie Jenner was endorsing since people found out it had lead in it.

Thank you, @RAWRitsRED, that is very good advice!

@oneeyeclosed 

I buy my vitamin C and D3 supplements from Whole Foods since they're known to be cleaner and hopefully safer.  But even then, I'm not sure if it's actually helping😅

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing