Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

Creativity for Calm- staying calm in chaos using creative activities!

Hey guys, I started a blog/website last year, and it’s focused on self discovery for better self care and self love. We must discover who we are to be able to love ourselves, right? One way I like to get closer to my true self is writing, journaling daily is proven to increase wellness and it also helps to look back on your journal entries. You will discover your voice, and other patterns that will help you unlock your inner self and mind! I also love painting, drawing, hand lettering, and paper crafts like creating “happy notes” which are little notecards with inspirational quotes on them to put on my desk and around the house. I also love making mood boards and vision boards when I am reflecting on my life, my goals, my wants and needs. I’ve discovered what my color scheme is my making mood boards over time and looking at the colors That I lean towards using, and colors in the images I like to use (I love images of interiors and of nature). It’s like making scrapbook pages without making a whole scrapbook, you can use so many materials like washi tape, ephemeral pieces, photos, paint, markers, hand lettering pens, brush markers, watercolor paint, ribbon, twine, stickers, magazine cut outs, love notes, really anything you want. I tell people to gather the materials that stand out to them, and just create a board that feels right and feels like it matches your personality for a great self discovery activity that is super calming and keeps your mind busy, when I create I’m not thinking about anything except what I’m making. I use poster board of all sizes, bulletin boards (cork board works well), and I also use many apps to create digital boards like Canva, Over and Adobe Spark post. Type mood board into the template search bar, and that will give you a good starting place. Add your boards to this post by taking pictures and posting them! Also add what creative activities you do to help you chill out, or that help you get in touch with your inner self. Creativity is like a therapist for me! Hope everyone is doing well during this pandemic.

Re: Creativity for Calm- staying calm in chaos using creative activities!

Beautiful @KailandCo ! And absolutely agreed that this has been a great time to explore hobbies and talents. Myself, I love baking and cooling but I've recently started making paper flowers and I've been working my way through Florals By Hand (a drawing book) by Alli Koch since I want to transfer that skill to designing my embroidery patterns

RE: Re: Creativity for Calm- staying calm in chaos using creative activities!

I need to check the drawing book out! I just finished a hand lettering book and loved it. I’m now using a productivity planner by Rachel Hollis and grabbed ‘300 more writing prompts” a little journal at target. My mom sent me a coloring book to work on, and I have plenty more paper crafts! I haven’t tried paper flowers yet- it looks like it takes a lot of patience! Perfect time for trying something new:) thanks for sharing!
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos1
testing