Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2024 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Week 8 - Share your body care routine!

TeamBIC_0-1704907123574.png

Happy New Year, BIC! We’re kicking off 2024 with an important reminder: we all need to take good care of ourselves – this year and beyond. 😊 Some of us may make resolutions, and others may already have their regular routines down to a tee; regardless of where you are in your self-care journey, we could all use a few extra reminders and a bit of motivation to spend a little extra T.L.C. on ourselves!

Like similar posts from previous years, we’ve come up with a list of weekly prompts to challenge you to exercise your self-care skills in different ways. 🧡 We encourage you to participate and respond to the prompts that speak to you – and don’t be afraid to share any other self-care tips and tricks along the way!

• Week 1 (1/10 – 1/16): Creating the perfect morning routine to start your day off right 🌞
  • Week 2 (1/17 – 1/23): Surrounding yourself with soothing scents
  • Week 3 (1/24 – 1/30): Testing out products to promote wellness (supplements, intimate care, rollers…) 🌿
  • Week 4 (1/31 – 2/6): Indulging in your favorite face mask(s) 👩
  • Week 5 (2/7 – 2/13): Spending extra time on your hair (and scalp!) care 🧼
  • Week 6 (2/14 – 2/20): Cleaning up your beauty collection 🧹
  • Week 7 (2/21 – 2/27): Improving your quality of sleep 💤
  • Week 8 (2/28 – 3/5): Focusing on body care (lotions, dry brushing, serums…) 🛁

Hit the “Reply” button below and let us know how you are practicing self-care!  🤩 Be sure to use the “#” to tag any products relevant to your answers, if applicable.  

Re: 2024 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Week 8 - Share your body care routine!

A little behind but I'll take care of that with weeks 7 and 8 in one go

Week 7 (2/21 - 2/27): Improving Your Quality of Sleep
Week 7 bedtime routine.jpg

Improving my quality of sleep has been a work in progress for the last few years. I have good stretches and then really challenging ones. What seems to work for me is a combination of things, including: 

Week 8 (2/28 - 3/5): Share Your Body Care Routine
Body care is just something I've been more consistent with in the last couple of years. A few products and tools I reach for from time to time depending on my mood and skin's needs, include the following: 
Self Care Challenge - Week 8 Body Care .jpg

@itsfi I absolutely love your body routine & items!!! How do you like body guashua? I've been using guashua twice a week for the past 2 months (building a habit...or trying...) but I just broke my jade last week (cat knocked it off the counter) and waiting for a stainless steel replacement. Do you dry brush AND body guashua?!

Thank you @jaaayp! I'm just thinking about your gua sha falling off the counter - in slow motion - noooooo! 

If I had my act together, a dry-brush-and-gua-sha body care session would be fabuous! 😍 Right now, I'm just working on trying to consistenty do each once per week - I usually dry brush one day and then use the gua sha a couple of days later, so maybe dry brush on a Monday or Tuesday night and then do an oil-and-gua-sha routine on Thursday or Friday night. That's if I'm good; some weeks it's just one of those practices. I'm super impressed with your work toward building good habits - 2x per week for 2 months now! That's fantastic! Consistency is key; it can just be challenging to get into a good routine, but it ain't gonna get there if we don't start to make an effort to it. Love that you are 2 months in - excellent work! 👍

Such an amazing variety of products and organization to your self care, sleep and body care routine. I especially love the mention of essential

oils and scents. Well done! I appreciate you sharing ❤️🫶💕 @itsfi 

@peculiarzmakeup, I love reading about  what everyone uses for self care, sleeping and body care. 🥰 There’s so many products out there and it helps to hear what works for people. Awww, essential oils and scents. It adds a spa-like, aromatherapy component to self care at home. 🩷

Re: 2024 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Week 7 - Share your secrets to better sleep! 😴

• Week 8 (2/28 – 3/5): Focusing on body care (lotions, dry brushing, serums…) 🛁

Kopari body serum and retinol lotion

Ren AHA body serum

Ren magnesium exfoliating body scrub

BBW body scrub in different scents. Right now loving Sea Salt Coast

Leahlani Pample Mousse body oil

Bio Oil

BBW Aromatherapy in Rose Vanilla

BBW Calypso Clementine 

Caudalie Vinosculpt Lift & Firm Body Cream 8.4 oz/ 250 mL 

L'Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream 5.3 oz/ 150 mL 

Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream 2.5 oz/ 75 mL 

Cuccio cuticle oil

Amope electric foot file 

Re: 2024 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Week 7 - Share your secrets to better sleep! 😴

Your body care game is top shelf! 🤩 @SportyGirly125 

@CynthieLu Thank you. My skincare and body care routine can take half a hour if I let it. 

I can only speak for myself….. but…any….and I mean any advice on how to get a good night sleep will be greatly appreciated!!! I feel like I have tried literally everything but I just can’t seem to get rid of my awful insomnia, once and for all!! I have tried meditation, the “listening to rain sounds”, gummies, melatonin, valerian root & even the strongest prescriptions that you could possibly think of!! Nothing seems to help me…beyond one or two nights of sleep. (BTW…. I am definitely using the word night; very generously! It’s more like 1-3 hours!!) I am open to any advice or suggestions!! Thank you!! 
Denise (Sleepless in San Antonio, TX)

I had suffered from insomnia, so I feel you @Denised214 ! 1 to 3 hours sound terrible but I got none on some nights for multiple nights at a time... what helped me the most (I've tried all of those you mentioned below)

1. Write. Journal. For me, most of the times it's because my mind was always scrambling/still is scrambling and writing things down literally helps me mind dump. Doesn't have to be about anything or very specific about something

2. Weightlifting. I don't recommend you do this near bedtime but during the day/afternoon/early evening. You want to push yourself during your sessions but not so much that it'll put you in a nap.

3. Melatonin. I found I made mistakes when taking these. It's about timing. You have to try different timelines and see what works for you (30 mins/40 mins/60 mins before bed). If you take it and lay down, I found out it's not as effective.

It does get better, that 1 night a week of good sleep will turn into 2 and the 2 will turn into 3 and so on and so forth. Just keep trying! stressing about not being able to sleep only made it worse for me, don't stress!!! 🥰

@Denised214 so sorry to hear this.  I went through that also.  Try reading instead of screen time.  And a little tart cherry juice can help.  It is an acquired taste but you get use to it fast.

That's a tough situation @Denised214 have you tried exercise and/or reducing time spent on electronics before bed?

Week 7 (2/21 – 2/27): Improving your quality of sleep. This has probably been the only self care I've been doing this year. I've been taking magnesium pills to help relieve stress which eventually leads to better sleep. Also, covering my face on sunny mornings with @TeamBIC 's beanie to keep the sunlight out 😆. It warms up your nose too!

1000043873.jpg

Slay I what it

@Buootiful great idea!  I have been taking magnesium for years

Every night I take melatonin gummies with immune support and a magnesium supplement. I have to have no noise or light to sleep so the Slip Lovely Lashes Contour Sleep Mask has helped so much. 

And silk has some other lovely properties too. @faeriegirl, Great mask! 💗💕

I love that mask I bet it is so comfortable! Great routine 💕🤩 @faeriegirl 

Which ones do you take @faeriegirl ?!

@jaaayp  I take Natrol melatonin plus immune support and Spring Valley high absorption magnesium 200mg.

🌙 Improving my quality of sleep 🌠

I have picked a few little tricks/tips here and there that help me get a good night's sleep. They are things like:

-Getting exercise during the day, even if it's just taking a walk, helps me sleep better at night.

-I write down tasks for the next day on a notepad by my bed so I don't have worries keeping me up. 😉

- I drink a tea by Natural Calm, it has magnesium, gabba and melatonin, I drink it on nights I think I need a little extra help.

-Turn off electronics a few hours before bed time and disconnect from any screens. 🖥

-Try to remember a few positive things that happened during the day, even on the rough ones, to go to sleep in a healthier mindset. 💙

Sweet dreams! 💤💤

2 Replies
testing