cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Last Week! - Healthy scalp and hair tips

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Ready or not, 2023 is here, and the Beauty Insider Community is kicking the year off the best way we know how: with our annual Self-Care Check-In Challenge! Whether or not youโ€™re a resolution-maker, thereโ€™s something kind of satisfying about the idea of a โ€œfresh startโ€ ๐Ÿงผ and while weโ€™re big supporters of maintaining boundaries and practicing self-care all year round, it doesnโ€™t hurt to have a little extra motivation to set healthy (and/or relaxing) habits.

Think of this thread as the place to check in with your fellow Community members and share how youโ€™re practicing different types of self-care โ€“ they can be inspired by our weekly inspo prompts, or based on your own unique self-care needs or beauty intentions. If one theme doesnโ€™t speak to you โ€“ by all means, skip it! You can still stop by to cheer on your fellow Community members! ๐Ÿค—

• Week 1 (1/4-1/10): Perfecting your nighttime skincare routine
  • Week 2 (1/11-1/17): Adding some movement to your day (and post-exercise relaxation!)
  • Week 3 (1/18-1/24): Spending extra time on body care (dry brushing, exfoliating treatments, bath time?)
  • Week 4 (1/25-1/31): Organizing your beauty collection (it can be therapeutic!) 
  • Week 5 (2/1-2/7): Relaxing with home scents and candles
  • Week 6 (2/8-2/14): Experimenting with a new-to-you wellness trend (supplements, rollers, CBDโ€ฆ) 
  • Week 7 (2/15-2/21): Getting a good nightโ€™s sleep
  • Week 8 (2/22-2/28): Trying a healthy scalp and haircare routine โ—€

Hit the reply button below and let us know โ€“ how are you practicing self-care in 2023? Donโ€™t forget to tag any products youโ€™re using to achieve your goals, if applicable, by using the โ€œ#โ€ sign!

Re: 2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Week 7 - Getting a good night's sleep!

Week 7 (2/15-2/21): Getting a good nightโ€™s sleep

Fortunately, I have been blessed with great sleep. I never have issues to fall asleep. It takes me less than 5 minutes to fall into a deep sleep, and I donโ€™t wake up until 8 or 9 hours later. And if I wanted to take a nap (not that I need it), I would fall asleep with no issues and it would not impact my night sleep at all. I have no issues sleeping in any bed (or any surface for that matter ๐Ÿ˜…

So there is little to nothing that I can offer as advice (letโ€™s see what the future brings, because, unfortunately, this wonโ€™t last forever......)

@Saradestin That is great news. What happens if you have caffeine later in the day?

That would certainly keep me awake at night @Mellmars1185 . I canโ€™t drink anything with caffeine after mid day or it would impact my sleep, so I have to time it properly ๐Ÿ˜Š If no caffeine is in the way, I sleep like a baby!

Iโ€™ve been really focusing on turning off all electronics an hour before bed. Lighting my fav voluspa candle and just doing some deep breathing/relaxing. Itโ€™s been working! #VOLUSPA Panjore Lychee Glass Jar Candle 44 oz / 1247 g candle 

Lighting a yummy Voluspa candle ๐Ÿ•ฏ sounds like great way to relax and unwind @krissybdavis ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@krissybdavis Excellent bedtime routine. I also have tried some breathing meditations before bed and it helps me fall asleep very quickly.

Great way to set a relaxing mood @krissybdavis ! 

@krissybdavis, thatโ€™s awesome (and so impressive) that you  go free of electronics for an hour before bed. Iโ€™ve been trying to do half an hour and some nights are better than others. 

Deep meditations has been rejuvenating for my mind body and soul. 

@lovememore74 That is a great way to wind down in a healthy way.

Thatโ€™s awesome @lovememore74 . I have not been able to meditate, I canโ€™t get focused โ˜น๏ธ

This sounds so calming @lovememore74. Great self care practice. โ™ฅ๏ธ

I recently discovered something as a self heating eye pad. Theyโ€™re these thin paper/cotton eye masks that somehow warms up the minute theyโ€™re taken out of their packaging. Iโ€™ve seen unscented, rose, lavender, and chamomile scented ones. I love the chamomile. Itโ€™s super soothing and the warmth makes falling asleep easier. After working graveyard at the hospital, itโ€™s hard for me to sometimes fall asleep right away especially since itโ€™s light out. This definitely helps. It also works with distracting phones since youโ€™re completely covering your eyes!

@mmxchoo I have never heard of these. Good to know they help you sleep ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ’ค

Wow! I didnโ€™t even know that such a thing existed @mmxchoo ! I am so glad it works for you helping you relax after your stressful shifts.

@mmxchoo Ohhhh I love these!  @itsfi introduced me to them a few years ago and I always try to have a few on hand.  They're great for getting a good relax going to help with sleep and I really love them for when my allergies are getting out of hand during the spring/summer as well!

Love the self heating eye masks @mmxchoo! Theyโ€™re great for unwinding and yes @missjeanie, for allergies too. I keep a handful at the ready in one of the drawers of my nightstand. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ 

Oooo, these eye masks sound interesting, @mmxchoo !  Where did you find them?

๐ŸŒ›Getting a good night's sleep๐ŸŒœ

This is so important. My wellness trend from last week was all about getting a good night's sleep by (3 tips to do every night for better rest ๐Ÿ˜ด)

I'm all about this.  

Listening to music, having a warm bath, drinking no caffeine in the afternoon, unplugging from electronics an hour before bed, are all things that are proven to help us get better rest.

Not always easy to do but worth it when you can ๐Ÿ˜

I will say my night routine is very calming most nights,  brushing my teeth, washing my face,  using a Jade roller as a face massager for my serums and reading in bed before falling asleep.  And my kitty does like to sleep with me, when she is cuddly I do sleep better ๐Ÿ˜บ

My LED mask is very calming, the light feels nice and warm on my face, I wear it while I read or just snuggling with my cat. It's a calming little treat. 

I have a tea, with Melatonin, Gabba and Magnesium I do on nights that I want to make sure I get a good sleep, maybe a few times a month I use it.  It's fine for everyday but I keep it for sleep emergencies ๐Ÿ’™

Awww... nothing better than a purring cat to relax and fall asleep @CynthieLu ๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ป

Your wind down bedtime routine sounds so relaxing @CynthieLu. A perfect prep for a good nightโ€™s sleep. ๐Ÿ˜ด 

843 Replies
testing