cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Last Week! - Healthy scalp and hair tips

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Ready or not, 2023 is here, and the Beauty Insider Community is kicking the year off the best way we know how: with our annual Self-Care Check-In Challenge! Whether or not youโ€™re a resolution-maker, thereโ€™s something kind of satisfying about the idea of a โ€œfresh startโ€ ๐Ÿงผ and while weโ€™re big supporters of maintaining boundaries and practicing self-care all year round, it doesnโ€™t hurt to have a little extra motivation to set healthy (and/or relaxing) habits.

Think of this thread as the place to check in with your fellow Community members and share how youโ€™re practicing different types of self-care โ€“ they can be inspired by our weekly inspo prompts, or based on your own unique self-care needs or beauty intentions. If one theme doesnโ€™t speak to you โ€“ by all means, skip it! You can still stop by to cheer on your fellow Community members! ๐Ÿค—

• Week 1 (1/4-1/10): Perfecting your nighttime skincare routine
  • Week 2 (1/11-1/17): Adding some movement to your day (and post-exercise relaxation!)
  • Week 3 (1/18-1/24): Spending extra time on body care (dry brushing, exfoliating treatments, bath time?)
  • Week 4 (1/25-1/31): Organizing your beauty collection (it can be therapeutic!) 
  • Week 5 (2/1-2/7): Relaxing with home scents and candles
  • Week 6 (2/8-2/14): Experimenting with a new-to-you wellness trend (supplements, rollers, CBDโ€ฆ) 
  • Week 7 (2/15-2/21): Getting a good nightโ€™s sleep
  • Week 8 (2/22-2/28): Trying a healthy scalp and haircare routine โ—€

Hit the reply button below and let us know โ€“ how are you practicing self-care in 2023? Donโ€™t forget to tag any products youโ€™re using to achieve your goals, if applicable, by using the โ€œ#โ€ sign!

Re: 2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Last Week! - Healthy scalp and hair tips

Oribe sounds like a stand out hair care brand โœจ๏ธ I've never tried them @SportyGirly125 but I've defintley scoped them out a few times ๐Ÿ˜‹

@CynthieLu @I have been using Oribe products for so long. Ever since Gigi Gorgeous mentioned them in her YouTube video. Itโ€™s expensive but my hair loves it. My Mom and husband use Oribe too. 

Thatโ€™s a solid routine @SportyGirly125 ! ๐Ÿ‘

@Saradestin Thank you โ˜บ๏ธ 

@SportyGirly125 I bet that Oribe hair mask is really nourishing!

@Mellmars1185 @Itโ€™s the best one for my hair and the only one I keep coming back to. 

Ok, so I am a little late posting this, but I needed to share. Last weeks topic was getting a good night's sleep. Last week I started using earplugs. I never can sleep past 8 am on the weekends and I wake up and toss and turn. I ended up sleeping until 10:00 am. These have definitely been a game changer for me.

@Mellmars1185  Oooo this is a great tip!! 

@ather Thanks. My fiancรฉe snores and i can usually hear my son on his games or on the phone. This really helps me out. I wish I had tried this out earlier ๐Ÿคญ

Thatโ€™s awesome @Mellmars1185 ! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Re: 2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Week 7 - Getting a good night's sleep!

I tend to struggle with getting a good nights sleep, but Iโ€™ve found that keeping a routine definitely helps! I try to reduce screen time about an hour before I plan on going to bed. I believe the recommendation is 2 hours, but Iโ€™m trying to be realistic. I love to drink herbal or peppermint tea before bed as well.

as for products, I love the Dermalogica Precleanse Cleansing Oil as the first step of my night routines It has a lovely lavender scent that sets the tone for the rest of the evening. I do the rest of my skincare, dab a little bit of Saje lavender essential oil behind my ears ( This Works Deep Sleep Roll On 0.27 oz/ 8 mL is really nice too!), and spray my pillow with a sleep spray. Lately Iโ€™ve been living theThis Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray 2.5 oz/ 75 mL , but I also like the REN Clean Skincare And Now to Sleep Pillow Spray 

Great products and great routine @cianni ! ๐Ÿ˜

@cianni Sounds like you have a lovely routine. I did not know about the dermalogica cleansing oil. The fact that it has a lavender scent is really appealing to me.

@Mellmars1185 itโ€™s one of those products I never would have known about if I hadnโ€™t received a sample! It also does a great job at removing stubborn makeup, so itโ€™s both relaxing and practical! A little goes a looooong way!

Week 7 (2/15-2/21): Getting a good nightโ€™s sleep

I find my skincare routine before bed helps calm me down. My husband wonders what the heck Iโ€™m doing in the bathroom for so long, but a girlโ€™s gotta skincare!

After cleansing, toning, exfoliating serum, retinol, eye cream and moisturizer, I move on to wrapping my curly hair up in a satin scarf like a turban.

Then I fill up my diffuser with Saje Natural Wellness oil in Deep Breath (a mix of eucalyptus, citrus, peppermint, marjoram and lavender oil). I rub some Weleda Skin Food (on my bedside table) on my dry hands and elbows. 

I usually get to sleep quickly, but I never seem to sleep past 5:30 am. My brain starts going and Iโ€™m done for ๐Ÿ˜‚. The only time I sleep a solid 7-8 hours is if I take an over-the-counter sleep aid, but I try not to do that too often.

Your diligent nightly skincare routing shows up for sure @dimesandnichols . Not only it contributes to your relaxation before bed but it is making your skin look gorgeous! 

@Saradestin I have to give some credit to my dad... he didn't have any wrinkles until he was in his 60s! Good genes help ๐Ÿคฃ!

Lucky you @dimesandnichols ๐Ÿ˜Š

@dimesandnichols Sounds like a lovely routine. My fiancรฉe has been wondering why I take so long in the bathroom before bed also. I would love to have a double sink so that we don't interrupt eachother if we are going to bed at the same time. I have been trying to get him to at least wear spf during the day

@Mellmars1185 my hubby only uses our bathroom to brush, shave and shower. He usually waits to the last minute to get ready, when I'm almost half asleep ๐Ÿ˜‚

@dimesandnichols That works! Mine always tries to get in the bathroom when I am doing my routine. It is a small bathroom so I have to wait and leave until he is done.

843 Replies
testing