cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Last Week! - Healthy scalp and hair tips

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Ready or not, 2023 is here, and the Beauty Insider Community is kicking the year off the best way we know how: with our annual Self-Care Check-In Challenge! Whether or not youโ€™re a resolution-maker, thereโ€™s something kind of satisfying about the idea of a โ€œfresh startโ€ ๐Ÿงผ and while weโ€™re big supporters of maintaining boundaries and practicing self-care all year round, it doesnโ€™t hurt to have a little extra motivation to set healthy (and/or relaxing) habits.

Think of this thread as the place to check in with your fellow Community members and share how youโ€™re practicing different types of self-care โ€“ they can be inspired by our weekly inspo prompts, or based on your own unique self-care needs or beauty intentions. If one theme doesnโ€™t speak to you โ€“ by all means, skip it! You can still stop by to cheer on your fellow Community members! ๐Ÿค—

• Week 1 (1/4-1/10): Perfecting your nighttime skincare routine
  • Week 2 (1/11-1/17): Adding some movement to your day (and post-exercise relaxation!)
  • Week 3 (1/18-1/24): Spending extra time on body care (dry brushing, exfoliating treatments, bath time?)
  • Week 4 (1/25-1/31): Organizing your beauty collection (it can be therapeutic!) 
  • Week 5 (2/1-2/7): Relaxing with home scents and candles
  • Week 6 (2/8-2/14): Experimenting with a new-to-you wellness trend (supplements, rollers, CBDโ€ฆ) 
  • Week 7 (2/15-2/21): Getting a good nightโ€™s sleep
  • Week 8 (2/22-2/28): Trying a healthy scalp and haircare routine โ—€

Hit the reply button below and let us know โ€“ how are you practicing self-care in 2023? Donโ€™t forget to tag any products youโ€™re using to achieve your goals, if applicable, by using the โ€œ#โ€ sign!

Re: 2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Last Week! - Healthy scalp and hair tips

I hope you find something you like should you try any, @Saradestin ! ๐Ÿ™‚

@Titian06 thanks for giving me some new products to try! I love Briogeo for my curly hair but I haven't tried the others.

Enjoy trying new products, @dimesandnichols !  I hope you find something you like! ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

@Titian06  Aww we are twins! I also mask on the weekends too!! I love it!!

I have taken very poor care of my hair, but thank to the generous gratis that @TeamBIC sent on December (thank you so much!), I have been taking better care of it. I am using and really loving all products, being my favorite OUAI Hydrating Scalp Serum for Healthy, Fuller Looking Hair 2 oz / 60 mL, and Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Hair Oil 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 

I am using K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Mini PEPTIDE PREPโ„ข Clarifying Detox Shampoo 1.8 oz / 53 mL once per month and wash my hair only once per week (I have very dry scalp) and I am using and loving Viori Hair Shampoo & Conditioner Bar with Bamboo Holder Set Terrace Garden 

And as I ALWAYS blow dry my hair, I use a heat protectant, being JVN Complete Blowout Styling Milk 3 oz / 90 mL a new favorite.

@Saradestin  I agree. They definitely gifted some of the best products for our hair!! And your hair always looks so beautiful! 

Thank you so much, @ather gorgeous!

@Saradestin I have been eyeing that shampoo bar. It looks like it would be convenient for travel.

Yes, it is @Mel231. And they have different scents (even a non scented one) for different hair concerns. There is a lot of information in their website. I am loving it!

Trying a Healthy Scalp and Hair Routine - i try to only wash my hair 2 times per week as i am trying to train my scalp to be less oily. I use a scalp oil or mask once per week and try to wear it naturally wavy/curly. When rinsing my hair I use cool water because I heard it helps seal the ends.I take vitamins for my hair. I use a lot of different products. I will tag a few that are currently in my routine.

@Mellmars1185  Iโ€™ve definitely noticed a difference when I use the k18! I love my scalp massager too!!

@ather A little goes a long way, too, with the K18! I have an older version of the scalp massager, but I couldn't tag the one I bought ๐Ÿ˜Š

Great products @Mellmars1185 ! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Now I know how you get that gorgeous looking hair you have!

@Saradestin Thank you so much. I have learned a lot of hard lessons over the years ๐Ÿ˜…

I have been seeing posts on social media about "hair cycling." This is where you rotate each time you shampoo to a different shampoo/conditioner combo to address different concerns. I have been doing this to some extent for a long time, but I decided to be more mindful and am now rotating between a purple combo (Kerastase Blonde Absolu shampoo and conditioner,), a clarifying/strengthening regimen (K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Mini PEPTIDE PREPโ„ข Clarifying Detox Shampoo 1.8 oz / 53 mL and K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL ), and a scalp care/shiny hair regimen (Nizoral shampoo and dphue clear gloss).

@Mel231  I love the K18 combo! Itโ€™s so good! Iโ€™ve been hair cycling forever I never use the same two washes in a row! 

Wow! Thatโ€™s a very curated routine @Mel231 ! 

Your choices are top shelf @Mel231 great picks! โญ๏ธ I love the feeling I get from using that shampoo #K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Mini PEPTIDE PREPโ„ข Clarifying Detox Shampoo 1.8 oz / 53 mL it is soo gentle but so effective. 

I've been using k18 since this past May. It's fabulous, I recommend it to soooo many people ๐Ÿฅฐ

@Mel231 I have not heard that term before. But someone told me the same thing - to switch up shampoos and conditioners. How do you find hair cycling is working for you?

So far, it is working great.  I also plan to switch in Oribe Shampoo for Brilliance & Shine 8.5 oz/ 250 mL and Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scalp Scrub Home & Away Duo .

Week 8 (2/22-2/28): Trying a healthy scalp and haircare routine 

I use K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Mini PEPTIDE PREPโ„ข Clarifying Detox Shampoo 1.8 oz / 53 mL once a week and Oribe Signature Moisture Hair Mask 5.9 oz/ 175 mL twice a week. After I towel dry my hair I add ALTERNA Haircare CAVIAR Anti-Agingยฎ Replenishing Moisture CC Cream 3.4 oz/ 100 mL Oribe Hair Cream for Style 5 oz/ 150 mL and Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Hair Oil in my hair. If needed I also use a leave in conditioner.  

843 Replies
testing