cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Last Week! - Healthy scalp and hair tips

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Ready or not, 2023 is here, and the Beauty Insider Community is kicking the year off the best way we know how: with our annual Self-Care Check-In Challenge! Whether or not youโ€™re a resolution-maker, thereโ€™s something kind of satisfying about the idea of a โ€œfresh startโ€ ๐Ÿงผ and while weโ€™re big supporters of maintaining boundaries and practicing self-care all year round, it doesnโ€™t hurt to have a little extra motivation to set healthy (and/or relaxing) habits.

Think of this thread as the place to check in with your fellow Community members and share how youโ€™re practicing different types of self-care โ€“ they can be inspired by our weekly inspo prompts, or based on your own unique self-care needs or beauty intentions. If one theme doesnโ€™t speak to you โ€“ by all means, skip it! You can still stop by to cheer on your fellow Community members! ๐Ÿค—

• Week 1 (1/4-1/10): Perfecting your nighttime skincare routine
  • Week 2 (1/11-1/17): Adding some movement to your day (and post-exercise relaxation!)
  • Week 3 (1/18-1/24): Spending extra time on body care (dry brushing, exfoliating treatments, bath time?)
  • Week 4 (1/25-1/31): Organizing your beauty collection (it can be therapeutic!) 
  • Week 5 (2/1-2/7): Relaxing with home scents and candles
  • Week 6 (2/8-2/14): Experimenting with a new-to-you wellness trend (supplements, rollers, CBDโ€ฆ) 
  • Week 7 (2/15-2/21): Getting a good nightโ€™s sleep
  • Week 8 (2/22-2/28): Trying a healthy scalp and haircare routine โ—€

Hit the reply button below and let us know โ€“ how are you practicing self-care in 2023? Donโ€™t forget to tag any products youโ€™re using to achieve your goals, if applicable, by using the โ€œ#โ€ sign!

Re: 2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Week 2 - Adding some movement to your day!

@tsavorite I went today after work... I may not be able to move tomorrow! lol

Re: 2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Week 2 - Adding some movement to your day!

Good luck, @missjeanie !  You did a good thing!  โ›ธ

The snow times do make getting out and active more challenging @missjeanie skating โ›ธ๏ธ sounds lovely thou, very enjoyable way to get moving ๐ŸงŠ 

Started with a small run twice a week but itโ€™s so hard to keep up with it. Iโ€™m wondering how is skin care routine come to play when you wake up early for a morning run. Should you do morning skin care before run and after run? When is the right time to do the first routine of the day? #newatthis #skinfix #jetlagmask @dermalogica 

@skinluv37 itโ€™s tricky figuring out how it all can flow peacefully! I run most mornings and do my skincare routine when I return home. If I were to start with my skincare routine and then go, I would just be going through so much product unnecessarily. The only skincare I use prior to running is spf if the sun will be out and a layer of aquaphor for my lips. 
I hope this helps! 

@skinluv37 I used to run before work and would just slap on some SPF before I went out and then do my routine when I got back.  

Definitely I great option! Will try that with a little bit of moisturizer because itโ€™s a little too cold. 

A morning run a couple of times a week is a great start, @skinluv37! Personally, I wouldnโ€™t bother with doing skincare before and after; the cleansing might be too drying on the skin. I would just stick to a post-run routine, but it is entirely up to you and how your skin manages extra cleansing! Way to go, also!! 

Thank you! It definitely makes sense. I think I breakout more because I wash my face too much. 

I definitely have been letting this slide lately. I have a pretty physical job being a cook at a very busy place. I'm on my feet and rushing around all day. It's easy to tell myself that it's enough exercise, it feels like it sometimes. โ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ˜…โ€Œโ€Œ

But I love stretching exercises, and I always feel amazing when I take the time to regularly exercise. So here's hoping I can embrace this challenge and get back on track.

Last week I was inspired to start a skin care journal(thank you for the idea!) to help me reach my goals of using my LED mask and Nuface regularly. I can already tell it's been really helpful! I started tracking my retinol and actives also, to really maximize my skin care routine. Hopefully, I can keep rolling with this and take the time for 30 minute gentle exercise sessions before or after work. I think I can do it, I just have to wake up a little earlier . I'm hoping to really go for it and do 5 sessions this week! I can do this โ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ’ชโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ˜…โ€Œ

@CynthieLu  Oooohh, you're a cook!  Now I know who to hit up for cooking advice. ๐Ÿ™‚

I know what you mean about your job seeming like a workout.  You're on your feet all day, and bending and moving.

When I was a teacher, I was surprised I didn't burn off as many calories as I thought I "should."  Somehow being on my feet all day wasn't the same as a sustained movement of thirty minutes or so of cardio.

Exactly ๐Ÿ’ฏ @Ispend2much6 It's physically demanding but dosent give the benefits of a a work out session for things like muscle tone, core strength etc..

@CynthieLu ,

Thanks for mentioning starting a skincare journal!  That sounds like a great idea for me, too!

A few members were talking about thiers earlier in this thread @tsavorite and I see the wisdoms in thier ways now, it's very handy! 

@CynthieLu That is a demanding job! Thereโ€™s no doubt that itโ€™s a work out and youโ€™re definitely getting in plenty of steps! I can see how incorporating stretching would be beneficial after al that movement and time on your feet, it just feels so nice to stretch away all the muscle tension at the end of the day or to start the day with some good stretching. 
when I can get into it, I enjoy yoga with Adriene on YouTube but sometimes itโ€™s just nice to get on the Matt and enjoy the quiet ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Great work incorporating the led mask and Nuface more, Iโ€™m sure your future self is going to thank you for that!! 

Thank you so much @bakeamuffin My skin loves them both so I'm very happy I'm using them again๐Ÿ’— ๐Ÿ’• and you got it, stretching makes everything feel so much better. Yoga is so peaceful, it's rewarding to do it but making the time is my challenge atm 

@CynthieLu I used to work in kitchens and yes, yes it is a workout!  But I bet a good half hour of stretching after work would be a great way to ease your muscles and slow down your mind too!  

Your so right @missjeanie that makes it sounds rewarding too ๐Ÿ™Œ โœจ๏ธ that's helpful motivation right there 

Oh my goodness, if you are a cook, you are likely on your feet and moooooving for quite a few hours at a time, @CynthieLu! Do you wear a Fitbit or something to track your steps? I think you would be surprised to see just how far you walk in a day just doing the things you need/have to do.

Good luck on your skin care journal. I hope you find it helpful and it is a project of enjoyment for you โ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe We are not supposed to wear fitbits and smart accessories..... but I have lol Yup I hit 10 000 steps a few hours into the day but it's not the same as like real exercise and strength work and I'll tell ya posture bending over ovens and stoves and flat tops, stretching exercises are so important to feeling good. But I've been a bit lazy and completely unmotivated lately and not making time for it. I hope I can find some extra will power to get going again! ๐Ÿ™

Oh, I see, @CynthieLu, that is understandable. At least you already have an idea of your steps, you certainly can feel it at the end of the day.

Stretching excercises definitely feel more intentional than just running around to get stuff done, agreed!

843 Replies
testing