cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Last Week! - Healthy scalp and hair tips

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Ready or not, 2023 is here, and the Beauty Insider Community is kicking the year off the best way we know how: with our annual Self-Care Check-In Challenge! Whether or not you’re a resolution-maker, there’s something kind of satisfying about the idea of a “fresh start” 🧼 and while we’re big supporters of maintaining boundaries and practicing self-care all year round, it doesn’t hurt to have a little extra motivation to set healthy (and/or relaxing) habits.

Think of this thread as the place to check in with your fellow Community members and share how you’re practicing different types of self-care – they can be inspired by our weekly inspo prompts, or based on your own unique self-care needs or beauty intentions. If one theme doesn’t speak to you – by all means, skip it! You can still stop by to cheer on your fellow Community members! 🤗

• Week 1 (1/4-1/10): Perfecting your nighttime skincare routine
  • Week 2 (1/11-1/17): Adding some movement to your day (and post-exercise relaxation!)
  • Week 3 (1/18-1/24): Spending extra time on body care (dry brushing, exfoliating treatments, bath time?)
  • Week 4 (1/25-1/31): Organizing your beauty collection (it can be therapeutic!) 
  • Week 5 (2/1-2/7): Relaxing with home scents and candles
  • Week 6 (2/8-2/14): Experimenting with a new-to-you wellness trend (supplements, rollers, CBD…) 
  • Week 7 (2/15-2/21): Getting a good night’s sleep
  • Week 8 (2/22-2/28): Trying a healthy scalp and haircare routine ◀

Hit the reply button below and let us know – how are you practicing self-care in 2023? Don’t forget to tag any products you’re using to achieve your goals, if applicable, by using the “#” sign!

Re: 2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Week 6 - Wellness break!

I hope you find a tea you like @Anonymous7 

I heard a tip once for clenching your teeth/mouth, whenever you feel yourself doing it, force yourself to yawn to loosen up and then *take a slow relaxing breath* and focus for a second on relaxing the clench.  

Do you like chamomile tea? The ones Infused with orange and chamomile are my favorite 😍 but if your throat is sore I'd suggest adding honey to help soothe it. 

@CynthieLu I totally need to make myself relax more!  I'll keep that tip in mind. 

I'm not a huge fan of chamomile,  except for Celestial Seasonings Sweet Apple Chamomile which they discontinued years ago.

BTW, I haven't gotten some of your tags because I think they went to greeneyedgirl10 instead of greeneyedgirl107.  🙂

@greeneyedgirl107 - I saw that Tazo lemon loaf tea at Target on Monday.  I thought about getting it but was concerned it would be too sweet.  Funny how our minds went in opposite directions.  I did pick up the Tazo prickly pear tea.  It's actually pretty tasty.

@Titian06 that IS interesting!  I guess I'll have to get it to find put.  I had seen the prickly pear one in the past.  Is it tangy?  That's something I avoid in tea.  🫖 

Re: 2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Week 5 - Relax and unwind!

Week 5 (2/1-2/7): Relaxing with home scents and candles 

Spa like feels at home or away from homeSpa like feels at home or away from home

I discovered the entire Nest New York Driftwood & Chamomile Wellness Collection last year and have been picking up different products from the line since then. This NEST New York Driftwood & Chamomile Misting Diffuser Oil 0.5 oz / 15 ml Driftwood & Chamomile helps to create those spa like feels both when I'm at home and traveling. The sandlewood and vanilla notes are subtle and weave beautifully with the slightly sweet floral notes that I pick up every now and again, and that I've assumed is the chamomile in the scent. Light, clean, calming, comforting & relaxing. Perfect for unwinding. Ahhhhh! 💖

Easy on the eyes & sensesEasy on the eyes & senses

VOLUSPA Mini Gilt Pomander & Hinoki Glass Jar Candle 5.5 oz/ 156 g goes out of stock often and it makes sense - the fresh, slightly fruity-floral, slightly woodsy scent smells heavenly. I just want to take deep breaths when I have this lit. As lovely as it is on the senses, it's stunning on the eyes when lit as well. The mercury glass just adds a special touch. 😍

Such a pretty candle @itsfi ! ❤️

It's calming just looking at it lit @Saradestin! And the scent adds a bit of aromatherapy as well. Win, win!

I never saw these candles before, until I caught them in your pictures of past purchases @itsfi They look so gorgeous when lit, I can picture the relaxing atmosphere they create 😌 🕯

@CynthieLu, the Voluspa packaging is always gorgeous. Makes for such a beautiful presentation on a vanity, as a gift. There’s only a few that are available in these mercury jars but they are truly stunning when lit in the evening. 😍 And they smell so good! They’re definitely a treat for a few senses. 

Although I try to avoid fragrance in my day-to-day life (skincare, work) I enjoy a familiar scent. My signature scent is Carolina Herrera Very Good Girl Glam and that tends to spill over into scents I gravitate towards such as candles, room sprays, etc. Scents that share the same notes not only bring me back to a familiar spot, it empowers me

@dnarts, that is a beautiful scent! Love that entire collection, and the packaging too! 😍

And, don’t forget AROMATHERAPY in business!!!  It uplifts us, clears our breathing and passageways, calms us, brightens us, invokes us with sensuality and date night!  The date night one - the perfect gift for your date as a surprise, in a little box just snuck onto the table while they’re not looking!  

Why?  Bc this is what we love about the spa!!!!  And shopping - we remember you, and we love to come back!!!  Especially to buy the beautiful scents you have in your shop!!!!  

This world here is forgotten (scents in business) so if you have a business - remember your diffuser and try out some of your blends here!  And some of your favorite candles - that you can sell too!  A little bit of you and your favorites, to share with the world.  

some of my favorites are the layered candles - these I discovered at a pajama shop in balboa by the water, in Orange County - and it was the candles that i go back for - and the one of a kind jewelry, and the cool one of a kind books next to the candles that you can’t find anywhere but in the small boutique - this is why they’re my favorite and I seek them out bc of what you can find here that you can’t find anywhere else!  

remember this when gifting to self and others and when opening business!  It’s the perfect gift set to say I love you - a beautiful candle, a really cool book, and a beautiful piece of jewelry - things you get to keep for life and one that you get to keep gifting!

and, I’ll create a little place online where we can add additions to the little hidden gems I’ve found so we can all share with one another these!

(....this message is for her to share all of her favorites with us! Bc she has so much to share! She loves to share and I want her to work in editorials and share them there and open business and share her love of life and world with us too!  Bc this is what lifes about)

Yes to aromatherapy @NSR013x👍

Essential oils are my next favorite go to in the scents department!!!  

In a water diffuser at home so your home is always perfectly scented to your tastes!  

Bright and citrusy for the morning time, eucalyptus for the congested, feeling under the weather time, something lavender-mint that’s cooling and calming for bedtime....there are so many of them!!!!  Individual scents and perfect pairings made by others!  

Insiders Tip: The smell test is always best - as our body will tell us what we don’t like and what’s just soooooo lovely, cheery, relaxing, the one, calming, etc for us.  
It’s one of our best guides in life!

And, you can add them to the bath with some bath salts for a perfectly luxurious spa bath at home!

and, you can add them with a carrier oil to a little roller ball and make your own perfume or cologne for you and your loved ones and your little ones!!!!  

I wanna try making my own scent at the scent factory!  Maybe I’ll open one so we can all try this and I’ll call it: The Scent Factory, of course!  I love to open business. Makes me happy.

I keep a giant bag of tea light candles on hand, and on occasion - I turn off all the lights and light candles all around with a few of my favorite scented ones for aromatherapy and sit by the fire and have some tea or wine and just listen to some music and fall asleep to candlelight.  A record player is a pretty cool addition here.

the tea lights burn themselves out.  I blow out the big ones (or cover them and let them put themselves out). And fall asleep by the fire and candlelight.  

Dont put them near a drafty window or chiffon like curtains, or with kittens jumping and playing but, without danger around.  It’s a nice addition to life.  And test it out one day..... keep them on one night and watch....when you’re not looking, they’ll put themselves out for you!

beeswax candles are my favorite...they’re the most beautiful!  

Insiders Tip: IKEA sells a giant bag all year round for under $5!  Which is a pretty sweet deal!!!!! .... With these, you can have a night in, once a week as a check-in, wind-down, relaxing ritual.  And, the perfect night in with a home cooked meal snuggled up next to your loved ones!  With a board game or two, it makes the perfect date night!  

Great tips, thanks!

2nd this! @NSR013x @dimesandnichols 

What type/kind of #CBD is a good product to get started with? I've been wanting to try it for the longest time but its so many different products I don't know where to begin. Thanks for any suggestions. @Encourage @inspire @uplift @motivate @empower

@Jerrius82, do you have a preference for the type of product - lotions / creams vs. oils? Skincare or body care products?

My first intro to products containing CBD oil was Origins Hello Calm™ Relaxing & Hydrating Face Mask with Hemp Seed Oil 2.5 oz/ 75 mL which I first received a prototype of as gratis a few years ago. It was hydrating and soothing and I've picked up a full size for myself and others over the years. 

I have really been liking #Ellis Brooklyn Marvelous CBD Massage and Body Oil 1.0oz/ 30mL Pump - it also comes in a #Ellis Brooklyn Marvelous CBD Massage & Body Oil Rollerball 0.27 oz/ 8 mL Rollerball #  which is how I first came to know the product. I was skeptical at first but it was very soothing on my aches and pains. 

I love to wind down in a bubble bath with my candle lavender spa by wood wick burning. It’s just so relaxing and the scent is amazing! 

This sounds so relaxing @ather! What a fabulous way to unwind and get in some "me" time! 💗

2 Replies
testing