cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Last Week! - Healthy scalp and hair tips

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Ready or not, 2023 is here, and the Beauty Insider Community is kicking the year off the best way we know how: with our annual Self-Care Check-In Challenge! Whether or not youโ€™re a resolution-maker, thereโ€™s something kind of satisfying about the idea of a โ€œfresh startโ€ ๐Ÿงผ and while weโ€™re big supporters of maintaining boundaries and practicing self-care all year round, it doesnโ€™t hurt to have a little extra motivation to set healthy (and/or relaxing) habits.

Think of this thread as the place to check in with your fellow Community members and share how youโ€™re practicing different types of self-care โ€“ they can be inspired by our weekly inspo prompts, or based on your own unique self-care needs or beauty intentions. If one theme doesnโ€™t speak to you โ€“ by all means, skip it! You can still stop by to cheer on your fellow Community members! ๐Ÿค—

• Week 1 (1/4-1/10): Perfecting your nighttime skincare routine
  • Week 2 (1/11-1/17): Adding some movement to your day (and post-exercise relaxation!)
  • Week 3 (1/18-1/24): Spending extra time on body care (dry brushing, exfoliating treatments, bath time?)
  • Week 4 (1/25-1/31): Organizing your beauty collection (it can be therapeutic!) 
  • Week 5 (2/1-2/7): Relaxing with home scents and candles
  • Week 6 (2/8-2/14): Experimenting with a new-to-you wellness trend (supplements, rollers, CBDโ€ฆ) 
  • Week 7 (2/15-2/21): Getting a good nightโ€™s sleep
  • Week 8 (2/22-2/28): Trying a healthy scalp and haircare routine โ—€

Hit the reply button below and let us know โ€“ how are you practicing self-care in 2023? Donโ€™t forget to tag any products youโ€™re using to achieve your goals, if applicable, by using the โ€œ#โ€ sign!

Re: 2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Last Week! - Healthy scalp and hair tips

I'd tag you to reply but it still only highlights up to the 10 and not all the way to the 7, I hope is fixed soon ๐Ÿ’• Missing tags would be frustrating 

@CynthieLu @I am not having that issue.

It's soooo wierd, it only affects some people who try to tag her? ๐Ÿง @SportyGirly125

@Anonymous7 @ Sounds like you are on track for your dream hair. I think that's is a great idea to flat iron your hair less during the pandemic. Better late than never, right? I completely understand how you feel, though. For years, I flat ironed my hair (and even used a real iron, which I don't recommend to anyone). I have also tried the Redken All soft Shampoo. It is amazing. The hair salon I go to uses Redken. All the best on your hair journey. I am excited to hear your thoughts on the all soft line after you get your hair cut ๐Ÿ’‡โ€โ€Œโ€Œโ™€๏ธโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโœ‚๏ธโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ˜โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ˜โ€Œ๐Ÿ˜โ€Œ๐Ÿ˜

@Mellmars1185 Thanks so much for the support!  It's been frustrating not looking how I want, but I think the Redken shampoo has put my hair in a much better place so I'm keeping my eyes on the prize.  I really want to get a hair cut but for some reason I'm always the most up for it on a Monday - when my salon is closed!

I admire that you used a real iron on your hair.  I totally wanted to do that when I was in middle school (before flat irons) but my mom forbade it.  I wasn't clever enough to even think to disobey.

BTW, I didn't get this tag.  I think it went to GreenEyedGirl10 instead of greeneyedgirl107.  ๐Ÿ’š

@Anonymous7 @thanks for letting me know about the tag. It is probably best you didn't use the iron. I can't believe that I did that. Oh, those were the days. I was sneaky about using it because I was not aloud to do it either. I got caught and got in trouble. I had to learn the hard way

I know you will get your dream hair with consistency. It sounds like you are doing all of the right things.

@Mellmars1185 getting caught AND learning the hard way?!  Ouch!

Thanks for sharing your hair journey with me. 

@Mellmars1185 you have been tagging the wrong person back. You should be tagging @greeneyedgirl107 

@SportyGirly125 Thanks I tried fixing it but I think it is a glitch. I will report it

I know it's not you @Mellmars1185 I am having the same exact problem. ๐Ÿฉท

I hit her tag, icon and name, and it glitches in my post.

@SportyGirly125 It's site issue for sure

@CynthieLu @The weird thing is itโ€™s only happening to you and @Mellmars1185 

Week 8 (2/22-2/28): Trying a healthy scalp and haircare routine.

Once a week I use JVN Complete Pre-Wash Scalp & Hair Strengthening Treatment Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  and leave it on a few hours or sometimes overnight. Before I wash it out I love using a scalp massager. On a different day I like using the K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Mini PEPTIDE PREPโ„ข Clarifying Detox Shampoo 1.8 oz / 53 mL  and the K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL . 

Great routine @faeriegirl 

Please tell me more about this pre treatment, what changes do you see in your hair? How do they wash out?

Ive been eyeing these up a little bit i haven't grabbed one yet. There's a few out there, I cant decide between them โ€Œ๐Ÿ˜‹โ€Œ and I'm not sure how easy they are to get out of your hair โ€Œ๐Ÿ™ƒโ€Œ

@CynthieLu  I donโ€™t have to use a lot so I havenโ€™t had any issues with washing it out. When I use it my scalp feels so much better, during the winter mine gets dry and irritated sometimes. I havenโ€™t really noticed a change in growth but I do feel like it has helped a little bit with shedding.

I like the ingredients in the JVN Oil from reading them @faeriegirl , I've heard before about the benefits of rosemary and our scalp ๐Ÿ˜„ Thanks for the feedback, it's true it takes months to see results, less shedding is great in the meantime and so is not being bothered by winter dryness and irritation 

@faeriegirl Great combination and routine. I ram out of the detox shampoo. I was also following the same steps with the same products ๐Ÿ˜. I find the scalp oil can be heavy on my fine hair, so a great detox shampoo helps. After a detox shampoo, a good conditioner/treatment is so helpful!

@TeamBIC I have really been loving the OUAI Hydrating Scalp Serum for Healthy, Fuller Looking Hair 2 oz / 60 mL we received in December! I find it very calming and soothing ! 

I am trying to get curl pattern back right now and have been using the PATTERN by Tracee Ellis Ross Medium Conditioner . I like the shampoo and conditioner a lot but I am not sure the PATTERN by Tracee Ellis Ross Curl Mousse or PATTERN by Tracee Ellis Ross Curl Gel has been my fave but I've only tried each a few times so maybe it's trial and error 

@Kim888 Great routine. Do the Pattern producta have a scent to them?

they aren't heavily scented but there's definitely something there - I will give it an extra good sniff next time I wash my hair and report back  @Mellmars1185 

Week 8 (2/22-2/28): Trying a healthy scalp and haircare routine

@TeamBIC   I am so excited to see the suggestions for this week's prompt!

SUNDAY II SUNDAY SOOTHE ME Daily Scalp Serum for Dry Scalp Relief 4 oz/ 120 mL  is soo good!  @Loretta55  recommended this, and I'm so thankful.  There is very little, if any scent, which makes me happy.

I don't know why, but whenever I wear a headband, my scalp breaks out.  This serum cleared it up enough in one application that the rash didn't hurt anymore.  I have a very sensitive scalp, and this did not bother me at all, in addition to being extraordinarily effective.

I just tried #Kerastase Chroma Absolu High Shine Gloss Treatment for Color-Treated Hair after using #Kerastase Resistance Strenghtening Shampoo for Damaged Hair last night.

The Gloss Treatment is used in place of a wash-out conditioner.  It has the consistency of a thin liquid, and gives the scalp a warm feeling (probably a result of the high level of alcohol in it.)  You only have to leave it in for two minutes.

It detangled, softened, and smoothed my hair, and made it shiny, all in two minutes!  My curls were also in perfect ringlets.

I did use the Kerastase Genesis Heat Protecting Treatment afterwards.  Unfortunately that took away my shine, but when I woke up this a.m. my hair was still mostly untangled, which never happens.

The Gloss Treatment feels and acts very similarly to Kerastase's professional treatments- I forget what they're called.

I just ordered the Kerastase Shine Essentials set based on your recommendation @Ispend2much6.

149BD3F4-F61B-4DB5-ADD2-2EA6DCF53C79.png

โ€ƒIt was available with same day delivery. I also ordered #JVN Embody Volumizing Hair Foam 6.7 oz / 200 mL because I am also having a problem with volume at the root.

843 Replies
testing