cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Last Week! - Healthy scalp and hair tips

2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Ready or not, 2023 is here, and the Beauty Insider Community is kicking the year off the best way we know how: with our annual Self-Care Check-In Challenge! Whether or not youโ€™re a resolution-maker, thereโ€™s something kind of satisfying about the idea of a โ€œfresh startโ€ ๐Ÿงผ and while weโ€™re big supporters of maintaining boundaries and practicing self-care all year round, it doesnโ€™t hurt to have a little extra motivation to set healthy (and/or relaxing) habits.

Think of this thread as the place to check in with your fellow Community members and share how youโ€™re practicing different types of self-care โ€“ they can be inspired by our weekly inspo prompts, or based on your own unique self-care needs or beauty intentions. If one theme doesnโ€™t speak to you โ€“ by all means, skip it! You can still stop by to cheer on your fellow Community members! ๐Ÿค—

• Week 1 (1/4-1/10): Perfecting your nighttime skincare routine
  • Week 2 (1/11-1/17): Adding some movement to your day (and post-exercise relaxation!)
  • Week 3 (1/18-1/24): Spending extra time on body care (dry brushing, exfoliating treatments, bath time?)
  • Week 4 (1/25-1/31): Organizing your beauty collection (it can be therapeutic!) 
  • Week 5 (2/1-2/7): Relaxing with home scents and candles
  • Week 6 (2/8-2/14): Experimenting with a new-to-you wellness trend (supplements, rollers, CBDโ€ฆ) 
  • Week 7 (2/15-2/21): Getting a good nightโ€™s sleep
  • Week 8 (2/22-2/28): Trying a healthy scalp and haircare routine โ—€

Hit the reply button below and let us know โ€“ how are you practicing self-care in 2023? Donโ€™t forget to tag any products youโ€™re using to achieve your goals, if applicable, by using the โ€œ#โ€ sign!

Re: 2023 Self-Care Check-In Challenge: Week 5 - Relax and unwind!

Lavender is a great scent to have on hand @Titian06 its so soothing ๐Ÿ’œ 

@TeamBIC a heating blanket and a cheap-o unscented 4x3 Target candle ๐Ÿ•ฏ

@greeneyedgirl107, warm & toasty is perfect for this season. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

@itsfi heating blankets are so therapeutic for me.

Oooh a heated blanket it the way to go @Anonymous7 it's soooo cold out these last few days! ๐Ÿฅถ

@CynthieLu I love them so much that I gift them to friends...and then they gift them to other friends. 

Heating blankets are the best @greeneyedgirl107 ! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Lately, I've been trying to use up some of my nest mini candles. Today, I used the grapefruit-scented one. I enjoy fresh citrusy smells like this one.

NEST New York Grapefruit Candle 

Oooh, the crisp brightness of the Nest grapefruit is so refreshing @PrettyPaint! ๐Ÿ˜

That one has to smell amazing @PrettyPaint!

I did not know Sephora sold candles until today!

I like candles that are either balsam or jasmine scented. Balsam scents remind me of being out in the mountains, breathing in cool, clean, crisp air. Jasmine reminds me of visiting the Philippines. My relatives would hang fresh cut jasmine flowers around their house and it always smelled clean and beautiful. 

@JoSometimes, Iโ€™m imagining the jasmine flowers hanging throughout the house. Ahhhhโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜ 

@itsfi Itโ€™s such a pleasant and fresh scent! 

And it conjures up memories with friends and family. Love the memories that are created and that we create with fragrance @JoSometimes๐Ÿ’–

I have learned so many things in the forum @JoSometimes ! I love the memories that your favorite scents bring you. Our sense of smell can transport us to so many places...

Thanks @Saradestin! This forum has been a great learning experience. And scents are great at helping people recall memories!

Week 5 (2/1-2/7): Relaxing with home scents and candles.

I usually stick with Bath and Body Works for candles but some from Sephora I enjoy are VOLUSPA White Cypress Glass Jar Candle 5.5 oz/ 156 g and the Christmas candy cane. OTHERLAND Daybed Rose Vegan Candle  and NEST New York Holiday Candle 

@faeriegirl, that Voluspa Candy Cane candle adds such a delicious scent to the holidays and beyond. 

I have always loved candles and if they are scented itโ€™s even better. Now I am specially enjoying FORVR Mood Candle Duo Set Those candles bring my evenings to a different level. I love them! โค๏ธ

@Saradestin, love it when you find a candle, or candles, that elevate your down time. ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿค So great to hear these play such a significant role in making your down time extra special. You deserve it! 

Thank you so much, beautiful @itsfi! They truly brighten up my evenings 

1 Reply
testing