Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Tell us your solo relaxation tips!

2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Welcome to 2022, Beauty Insider Community! At this point, the importance of “self-care” is talked about so often that it sometimes almost feels like a chore. Which totally defeats the purpose, right? Self-care is important, but it’s meant to be restorative and enjoyable. 🧖‍♀️ That’s why we’re reviving our Self-Care Check-in Challenge, this time with weekly inspiration for themed rituals and beauty resolutions to incorporate into your own self-care routines.

Check back weekly and let us know in the replies: How are you committing to the self-care theme of the week? Share your tips and tricks, or just get motivated by others (you can even check out @haleyvvvv's 2022 Beauty Resolutions/Goals  thread for more inspirational beauty resolutions to kick-start your new year)! And if a certain theme doesn’t speak to your personal self-care needs, skip it! But don’t forget to stop by to cheer on your fellow BIC-ers. 📣

• Week 1 (1/5 – 1/11) – Getting active (…and if contouring is your cardio, that’s cool too!) 🏅
  • Week 2 (1/12 – 1/18) – Taking care of your hair 💇‍
  • Week 3 (1/19 – 1/25) – Improving your sleep routine 😴
  • Week 4 (1/26 – 2/1) – Trying a new wellness trend (supplements, CBD, gua sha, oh my!) 🔮
  • Week 5 (2/2 – 2/8) – Staying organized and productive 📚
  • Week 6 (2/9 – 2/15) – Setting a skincare goal for 2022 😚
  • Week 7 (2/16 – 2/22) – Meditating and mindset 🧘🏼‍
  • Week 8 (2/23 – 3/1) – Relaxing solo (how do you like to unwind when you get a minute to yourself?) 💆🏻‍

Reply below to share how *you* self-care, and don’t forget to tag any products you’re using (if applicable!) using the “#” sign!

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Try a new wellness trend and tell us all about it!

@CarolBT  Yes we have lots of wild animals where I am!!! I need to have a tropical background because we are getting super cold weather again soon. -38 brrr 🥶 

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Try a new wellness trend and tell us all about it!

@ather  I wonder if Legend planners are available in the US.  I could really use something like that.  I hope you get posted in a place that you all love, although I understand the stress.

@Ispend2much6  I got mine on Amazon. I learned about it from one of my colleagues. I love it. It’s so good. It was expensive but worth it. I noticed the price was higher now than when I got mine I wondered because it is January and maybe if you get it in March it might be cheaper. But you write in the days so you can really start it whenever you want. I think I got mine in august maybe. 

Week 4: trying to take my vitamins and minerals pills as well as sugarbear hair vitamins. Working out in the morning. Doing my 1min breathing wellness through my Apple watch.
 I am also starting again to take my Moon juice stress management pills. 

Moon Juice SuperYou® Daily Stress Management Refillable Supplement 

#sugarbear hairvitamins

@Nozz  Wow great job!!! I also love the moon juice super you supplement!!!

@Nozz I really like the moon juice supplements as well! They are very relaxing and I am happy to see them dive into sustainable packaging 

I started taking selenium a couple of months ago, along with a very potent vitamin B complex.  It's done wonders for my hair.  I just got it cut (a little bit) a couple of days ago, for the first time in 15 months.  Those first 12 months it really hadn't grown much at all.  Here it is (after using Deva Curl products for the first time.) My hair had reached about 9 inches below my shoulders!

Spoiler
Spoiler
deva back hair.jpg

I also have been using HUM Nutrition Private Party™: Supports Vaginal & Urinary Tract Health .  It lives up to its promises, and even makes my skin more clear.

Wow your hair looks gorgeous @Ispend2much6. Did you diffuse or air dry your hair in the picture. I am always working on getting my hair to curl closer to my roots. What DevaCurl products are you using? I still have a couple of the older DevaCurl stylers. My salon now uses AG Hair products that my hair seems to like.

@Loretta55  I have you to thank for the suggestion!  The stylist first used a product to remove build-up- Buildup Buster.  Then she used the No Poo Original shampoo, One Conditioner Original, and the Ultra Defining Gel (she told me to apply this to soaking wet hair.)

She sat me under a rotating dryer, then diffused my hair briefly.

What is the most miraculous to me is:  no tangles at the end of my hair.  And, when I woke up the next morning, my hair looked exactly the same as when I went to bed! 

She did recommend getting a spray bottle to spray water on my hair in the morning to refresh the products. 

She also said you can buy one of those heat hair dryers to use at home.  Haven't checked yet.

Here's the side of my hair- the hair that tends to be the most frizzy-

If you need suggestions for the best blow dryer/diffuser feel free to contact me @Ispend2much6. I have one specific combo that is my go to for thick wavy hair. It figures that I am snowed in and my hair looks gorgeous. Oh well all dressed up and no place to go at least safely.

@Loretta55 I'd be interested, too - for future reference 🙂

My favorite blow dryer is Bio Ionic 10X Ultralight Speed Dryer @greeneyedgirl107 . I have seen it on sale at Ulta for as low as $199.00. I like the Xtava Black Orchid Diffuser because it is huge. Unfortunately because it is so huge I use the Snozzlepro attachment to attach the diffuser to my blow dryer. It also works to attach the Dyson Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer (Red/Nickel) Gift Edition to the Xtava Black Orchid Diffuser. 

@Loretta55 Thanks for the info!  I bookmarked it for future reference 🙂

@Ispend2much6 A rotating dryer - what a good idea for curly/wavy hair!  If I ever go back to my hair's original state (i.e. no flat ironing) I will have to remember that!!!

@greeneyedgirl107   I'd never seen one before- very little air circulation, but lots of heat!

@Ispend2much6 That sounds ideal!  I remember one time letting my hair dry in a sauna on spring break back when I wore it wavy.  It came out so nice - and dried so quickly!

Did you sleep on a silk pillowcase @Ispend2much6 ? I have been using my Grace Eleyae Adjustable Slap Satin-Lined Cap to maintain my hair style. I only wash my hair once a week.

I haven't but I should!

Your hair looks great, @Ispend2much6 ! 🥰

@Titian06  Thank you!!  I'm so happy about it.

Hello Everyone!  For Week 4: Trying a new Wellness Trend, I've been getting into essential oils to help me relax through the day  and  help with my migraines. Trying a couple ones, lavender, eucalyptus and spearmint. 💚 

13 Replies
testing