Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Tell us your solo relaxation tips!

2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Welcome to 2022, Beauty Insider Community! At this point, the importance of “self-care” is talked about so often that it sometimes almost feels like a chore. Which totally defeats the purpose, right? Self-care is important, but it’s meant to be restorative and enjoyable. 🧖‍♀️ That’s why we’re reviving our Self-Care Check-in Challenge, this time with weekly inspiration for themed rituals and beauty resolutions to incorporate into your own self-care routines.

Check back weekly and let us know in the replies: How are you committing to the self-care theme of the week? Share your tips and tricks, or just get motivated by others (you can even check out @haleyvvvv's 2022 Beauty Resolutions/Goals  thread for more inspirational beauty resolutions to kick-start your new year)! And if a certain theme doesn’t speak to your personal self-care needs, skip it! But don’t forget to stop by to cheer on your fellow BIC-ers. 📣

• Week 1 (1/5 – 1/11) – Getting active (…and if contouring is your cardio, that’s cool too!) 🏅
  • Week 2 (1/12 – 1/18) – Taking care of your hair 💇‍
  • Week 3 (1/19 – 1/25) – Improving your sleep routine 😴
  • Week 4 (1/26 – 2/1) – Trying a new wellness trend (supplements, CBD, gua sha, oh my!) 🔮
  • Week 5 (2/2 – 2/8) – Staying organized and productive 📚
  • Week 6 (2/9 – 2/15) – Setting a skincare goal for 2022 😚
  • Week 7 (2/16 – 2/22) – Meditating and mindset 🧘🏼‍
  • Week 8 (2/23 – 3/1) – Relaxing solo (how do you like to unwind when you get a minute to yourself?) 💆🏻‍

Reply below to share how *you* self-care, and don’t forget to tag any products you’re using (if applicable!) using the “#” sign!

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Share how you're committing to hair care this season!

@CookieGirl1   i forgot to mention that the brand also have shower gels, lotions and more. 

Im planning to get one of theyre shower gel soon.

Ill le you know if i like it too ☺☺☺

Also, i think i saw that its a Canadian brand, i need to re-check. 

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Share how you're committing to hair care this season!

@Emy10 Oh wait, are you in Canada?  Sorry, sometimes I forget where people live 🙄.

@CookieGirl1  Lol ok so yes the company started in Montreal, Canada, but theyre pretty much everywhere.

They have a "Where to find us" list on theyre website. 

Also, no worries, most times i dont remember where people are/live as i dont post that often ☺☺☺

@Emy10 Ah, just checked.  No wonder I haven't heard of them!  They aren't carried at any physical stores anywhere near me but that's great that you're giving their stuff a shot 🙂

@CookieGirl1  really? No stores at all??

Maybe you could order online if the shipping isnt crazy, maybe they have warehouses in cities near yours or something like that. 

@Emy10 honestly, probably not worth the money to me.

Making improvements 

(Late for Week 1) I have been getting a few more walks in with our pup, cold or not. Trying to get 2-3 nice long walks in, though not always easy with a really packed schedule for work. We’ve actually been really lucky with our weather, so I can’t complain. I also dusted off my old slow press juicer and just got some things to juice this week. 

Week 2 - hair, I just grabbed a pic of the things I’m using most these days. I picked up the Kerastase at the end of last year, I’ve been putting the Kerastase serum Kérastase Genesis Anti-Breakage Fortifying Serum #in the little roller applicator. I think it was all the stress last year and I started losing. Lot of hair (though I have a lot to begin with). I’ve been taking a maca supplement and using this for several months now and I do think it’s helping and the shedding has gotten less. The Dae dae Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment #smells so good, it and the hair scrunchie BREAD BEAUTY SUPPLY Bread Puff: Hair & Wrist Scrunchie # came in the SEPHORiA box. TJVN Nurture Deep Moisture Mask 5 oz/ 147 mL was a free gift from the spin and win wheel at the virtual SEPHORiA event. I don’t typically notice a huge difference from hair products, honestly, but these seem good and my hair is mostly behaving, though it’s in need of a cut! in the pic below, my hair is just air dried, with the Kérastase Genesis Heat Protecting Leave-In Treatment for Weakened Hair 150 mL/ 5.1 oz which seems to keep a decent wave.

Oh, also, I’m overdue to get more sparkle/tinsel put in my hair. They are still there but hidden, and I could use a refresher. 

Kérastase Genesis Strengthening Shampoo for Normal to Dry Hair 250 mL/ 8.5 oz 

Kérastase Genesis Strengthening Conditioner 200 mL/ 6.8 oz 

A3476F34-1A52-4EB8-9C8B-4A5B9F8DEEBC.jpeg891198C4-7DF3-4B54-BC6B-6BBFD5FFF98B.jpeg

I totally appreciate the mini reviews, @sister13.  For some reason I keep wanting to try both Kerastase and JVN so I'm always interested in hearing other peoples' experiences with them.

I suppose if I actually styled my hair, I might have a better idea of what’s working, haha. I didn’t feel the JVN was life changing, but I think it’s overall nice and hydrating. I was hesitant about the Kerastase As I’ve been using products without any silicones and other ingredients to help encourage wave, but was feeling worried since I was still shedding a lot of hair daily after many months. I don’t think it’s any one thing that’s helping but the combination seems to be working pretty well. I like the scalp serum because it doesn’t are my hair greasy at all, I still only wash about once or twice a week. @CookieGirl1 

Im reading ahead to week 4: Wellness 

Gua Sha what is that?

T.I.A.! 

@ionianblue It’s a tool used in combination with face oil (the oil is necessary to avoid skin pulling) for lymphatic massage.   There are instructional videos on how to do it.  You can use the edge of a spoon or even your own hands as well and get a similar effect but the Gua Sha is shaped to run smoothly along the contours of your face.

It’s very pleasant while draining excess lymph fluids from your face making it look more slim and contoured.  It’s also useful to use to relieve pressure from a head cold. 

Is the roller any more beneficial?

@ionianblue gua sha is a tool-little flat pebble of jade is praised near and far for its ability to chisel out cheekbones you didn’t even know existed, de-puff hangover eye bags, and whack up the dial on skin brightness.

I really need to start using my Grace Eleyae The Original Slap | Satin Lined Cap Grey 

@greeneyedgirl107   Oh cool!  I received some satin bonnets in my last FabFitFun box and thought they looked like ridiculous oversized shower caps when I tried them on and haven’t touched them since. This looks much more wearable and like it would keep hair less tangled than the satin pillowcases I currently use.  Does it stay on all night?  

@heartsmyface I've found that most of the time it stays on all night for me 🙂

@greeneyedgirl107   Oh perfect!  Thank you.  Most of the time is a high enough bar for me! 

@heartsmyface , If they have an adjuster, they should.  The GE turbans have an inside

tie, so you can adjust them.  Mine stay on most times, albeit they  sometimes are on sideways 🤣

@danielledanielle   Okay, good to know.  I wonder if a silk scarf would do the trick…

I’m currently giving my hair a bleach vacation- before it’s over processed this time.  My routine has been using Briogeo Superfoods Shampoo and Conditioner followed by Briogeo Be Gentle Be Kind hair mask.  I then pat my hair to dry it some and apply Kérastase Nutritive crème magistrale, followed by Gisou hair oil.   My hair seems pretty happy.  

EB2368CF-4C23-4ADE-A2E3-A328CEB4AE5A.jpeg

Gisou Mini Honey Infused Hair Oil 0.7 oz/ 20 mL Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind™ Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask 8.0 oz/ 240 mL #Briogeo Superfoods Banana + Coconut Nourishing Shampoo + Conditioner Duo for Dry Hair   Kérastase Nutritive Hair Balm for Severely Dry Hair 5 oz/ 150 mL 

762 Replies
testing