Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Tell us your solo relaxation tips!

2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Welcome to 2022, Beauty Insider Community! At this point, the importance of “self-care” is talked about so often that it sometimes almost feels like a chore. Which totally defeats the purpose, right? Self-care is important, but it’s meant to be restorative and enjoyable. 🧖‍♀️ That’s why we’re reviving our Self-Care Check-in Challenge, this time with weekly inspiration for themed rituals and beauty resolutions to incorporate into your own self-care routines.

Check back weekly and let us know in the replies: How are you committing to the self-care theme of the week? Share your tips and tricks, or just get motivated by others (you can even check out @haleyvvvv's 2022 Beauty Resolutions/Goals  thread for more inspirational beauty resolutions to kick-start your new year)! And if a certain theme doesn’t speak to your personal self-care needs, skip it! But don’t forget to stop by to cheer on your fellow BIC-ers. 📣

• Week 1 (1/5 – 1/11) – Getting active (…and if contouring is your cardio, that’s cool too!) 🏅
  • Week 2 (1/12 – 1/18) – Taking care of your hair 💇‍
  • Week 3 (1/19 – 1/25) – Improving your sleep routine 😴
  • Week 4 (1/26 – 2/1) – Trying a new wellness trend (supplements, CBD, gua sha, oh my!) 🔮
  • Week 5 (2/2 – 2/8) – Staying organized and productive 📚
  • Week 6 (2/9 – 2/15) – Setting a skincare goal for 2022 😚
  • Week 7 (2/16 – 2/22) – Meditating and mindset 🧘🏼‍
  • Week 8 (2/23 – 3/1) – Relaxing solo (how do you like to unwind when you get a minute to yourself?) 💆🏻‍

Reply below to share how *you* self-care, and don’t forget to tag any products you’re using (if applicable!) using the “#” sign!

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Tell us your solo relaxation tips!

That’s awesome @CarolBT ! I don’t remember the last time I took a bath (I take showers, don’t get me wrong 😅) It was over two years ago. I have a bathtub, so the possibility is there. And I really enjoy baths so I don’t know why I don’t reserve some time here and there for a nice relaxing bath. Maybe I am too busy even for that 😓

@Saradestin I think the type of tub matters too. I have a super deep tub, so it makes soaking really nice. Shallow tubs just aren't the same. 

OMG I almost forgot one of my all time favorite solo relaxing things to do - Gardening! I love to get outside and dig in the dirt. It's like therapy for me. It's a good day when I'm covered in dirt head to toe LOL.

Gardening.jpg

Yay!!! You are like me @AMK721!! I love my gardening days, full of dirt but enjoying nature! My nails are not that happy, though... 😂

@Saradestin  I hear you regarding the nails - I use at as another excuse to go to the salon for some pampering LOL.

That reminds me, I think I need to get a new pair of gardening gloves this year.

@AMK721 agreed, sounds relaxing and stress-free. Then, you can cook what you harvest 😊💚 (if something grows haha, I'm trying to grow a bunch of garlic heads but nada) 😓 

@Skunk12puzzola  that is very true! My dad taught me how to garden, both flowers and fruit/vegetables, so it's also a good time for me to honor his memory. My garden does pretty well with growing tomatoes, peppers, cabbage, basil and my favorite Swiss chard.

@AMK721 that's awesome!! they say that growing garlic it's easy, but mine is like dormant....I can't see even a small green sprout...nothing....it's been 1 month and half since I planted it...😥

@Skunk12puzzola  sounds normal. Garlic is best planted in the fall for a spring/summer harvest so you probably won't see anything for another couple months.

@AMK721 thanks!! I felt I did something wrong with it, as it's not growing as I was expecting....I planted it in late January so maybe for May/June I will start to see some green poppin' out the soil 🤎💚 is nice to hear that you cherish about your garden because is something your father taught you, such a heartwarming thing 💗

A nice hot bath with Dr Teals bath salts or OUAI Chill Pills 6 x 1.5 oz/ 42.5 g 🛀 

@faeriegirl Neat! I have not seen these before!

Awesome! @faeriegirl 

Solo Relaxation Tips for me include: reading, walking/jogging, cooking, and of course a bit of skincare like masks.

@AMK721 I am so jealous that cooking is a relaxing activity for you! I don’t like it at all and, as I have to do it almost daily, it is tough! 😓

@Saradestin  there are times that cooking is a chore, I admit that LOL. But most of the time when I'm in the kitchen, I put some music on and just chop chop chop 😁

My favorite alone time pastime is reading. I've never been able to get into non-trashy books lol I love me so romance or fantasy and find it a nice escape from daily stresses. 

Former Harlequin romance novel addict here @makeitup305 - I understand!

@makeitup305 I love reading as well but now I don’t have that much time for it. I have a bunch of books waiting for me to give them some attention if time allows! 

I would like to have a cup of tea with some sweet pastries. 
or If I have more time for myself I like to take a nap to refresh myself. 

@Nozz Sounds perfect!

testing