Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Tell us your solo relaxation tips!

2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Welcome to 2022, Beauty Insider Community! At this point, the importance of “self-care” is talked about so often that it sometimes almost feels like a chore. Which totally defeats the purpose, right? Self-care is important, but it’s meant to be restorative and enjoyable. 🧖‍♀️ That’s why we’re reviving our Self-Care Check-in Challenge, this time with weekly inspiration for themed rituals and beauty resolutions to incorporate into your own self-care routines.

Check back weekly and let us know in the replies: How are you committing to the self-care theme of the week? Share your tips and tricks, or just get motivated by others (you can even check out @haleyvvvv's 2022 Beauty Resolutions/Goals  thread for more inspirational beauty resolutions to kick-start your new year)! And if a certain theme doesn’t speak to your personal self-care needs, skip it! But don’t forget to stop by to cheer on your fellow BIC-ers. 📣

• Week 1 (1/5 – 1/11) – Getting active (…and if contouring is your cardio, that’s cool too!) 🏅
  • Week 2 (1/12 – 1/18) – Taking care of your hair 💇‍
  • Week 3 (1/19 – 1/25) – Improving your sleep routine 😴
  • Week 4 (1/26 – 2/1) – Trying a new wellness trend (supplements, CBD, gua sha, oh my!) 🔮
  • Week 5 (2/2 – 2/8) – Staying organized and productive 📚
  • Week 6 (2/9 – 2/15) – Setting a skincare goal for 2022 😚
  • Week 7 (2/16 – 2/22) – Meditating and mindset 🧘🏼‍
  • Week 8 (2/23 – 3/1) – Relaxing solo (how do you like to unwind when you get a minute to yourself?) 💆🏻‍

Reply below to share how *you* self-care, and don’t forget to tag any products you’re using (if applicable!) using the “#” sign!

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Share your tips for organization and productivity!

Ok so this is right up my alley. I've been working from home for the past 2 years and I support 8 physicians at a very large, well known university in my area so I HAVE to be organized & productive every day. If you need to get organized and things are overwhelming, work on one thing at a time. Break the tasks down into smaller chunks and reward yourself by lighting a candle or putting on a facial mask when you've accomplished each task.

I'm working on clearing out a ridiculous amount of books I have collected over the years. I started with the large bookcase in my office and went through one shelf at a time. I made piles of keep, donate and giveaway to friends/family. Now I have a more manageable amount of books and more storage space! Whoo hoo! 💃

Here's my initial donate pile.

Books.jpg

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Share your tips for organization and productivity!

@AMK721  That's excellent advice!  Sometimes I will just sit and stare at a project, trying to figure it out from start to finish, when I really need to just do the one thing I see, then the rest falls into place.

@Ispend2much6  I hear ya - the hardest part is getting started.

@AMK721 Great job decluttering. I also like to focus on small tasks one at a time.

Wow! Do you have a little library in your area @AMK721 ? We have a ton of them around us and we give away (and get) books via that system all the time. Love it. 

LOL 😂 @CarolBT this is just one bookcase 🙄  I used to work for the corporate headquarters of Borders Books and there were carts and carts of free books everywhere so it was really easy to amass such a collection.

What!?! I love book stores!! I'm sure your collection is impressive @AMK721 

@CarolBT  I know right!? I didn't work at the retail store, I was at the corporate headquarters with the executives and buyers which was fascinating. One of my absolute favorite jobs. It was so sad when they closed 😢.

I've gotten so much better about actually adding things to my phone calendar and making lists that I keep there as well.  I ALWAYS have my phone with me so I never have a good excuse not to add an appointment or a "to-do" or make a grocery list.

Week 5 -Staying Organized and Productive:

Recently I purchased a meal planning book. I find it helps me stay organized and productive when shopping. I end up planning a week in advance so when i go grocery shopping for the week I have everything I need and it allows me to plan for new recipes. It helps me save time and money. I hope that this positive change spills over into other aspects in my life. Last wk I decluttered part of my room and I want to start tracking spending and my own (beauty) inventory on spreadsheets. It is going to take time but everyday I am trying to take a step in the right direction.

@Mellmars1185  oooo love the idea of having a spreadsheet to track beauty inventory.

@AMK721 Thanks I got the idea from the BIC Community!

YES I need to do the beauty spreadsheet too @Mellmars1185! I have heard so many people do it, and I really need to so I can keep track of what I actually have on hand and know when to rotate through it, etc. 

Wow! Please keep us updated on your progress! I love spreadsheets and I may just do the same.

I wish I had some good tips for being organized.  I'm not organized by nature, and it's a problem for me at home.  I used to be organized at work, but our productivity is 81% so I have little time to do what I'd like.  I will say that lists and post-its are a lifesaver for me at work.

Week 5

This past weekend (hope it still counts) I have gone through my closet and donated clothes I've NEVER worn, clothes that I haven't worn in a while, and those "when I lose weight " clothes 😩😆

I still have clothes with tags, bought 3 years ago. WIth not a lot of places to go in the last years, I never got to wear them but so hesitant to let them go. Your post inspired me, and I think it's time! I will do the same. Thank you!

Week 5 (2/2 – 2/8) – Staying organized and productive 

If anyone knows me, they know I am the most organized and productive person in my house.  For Chinese New Year, I made sure the whole house was cleaned and all the dishes and laundry put away.  

I also weekly, monthly, and quarterly clean and organize.  That means hairbrushes, sheets, shoes, oven racks, door handles, shower drains and sinks, etc. are washed and dried.

Week 4:  Pass

Week 5:  There is so much clutter everywhere I look! 🤣  Organizing all my clutter would in itself make me very productive.  I don't have a lot of motivation since it's just my cat and me--cats don't judge. 🐾  Maybe one day I'll get it worked out.  Yeah, right! 🙄

Yeah, I'm passing on week 5 myself and just low-key stalking this thread for ideas @Titian06 

Staying organized and productive

I did finally get my closet under control which is good so I am feeling very organized this week on that front. My last apartment had a very little closest space so a lot of my clothing was sharing hangers which made it hard to actually see/remember what things I had. 

I am having work done in my kitchen so the rest of my apartment is super unorganized because there's kitchen stuff everywhere so that has been a lot. I can't wait for it all to be done! 

7 Replies
testing