Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Tell us your solo relaxation tips!

2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Welcome to 2022, Beauty Insider Community! At this point, the importance of “self-care” is talked about so often that it sometimes almost feels like a chore. Which totally defeats the purpose, right? Self-care is important, but it’s meant to be restorative and enjoyable. 🧖‍♀️ That’s why we’re reviving our Self-Care Check-in Challenge, this time with weekly inspiration for themed rituals and beauty resolutions to incorporate into your own self-care routines.

Check back weekly and let us know in the replies: How are you committing to the self-care theme of the week? Share your tips and tricks, or just get motivated by others (you can even check out @haleyvvvv's 2022 Beauty Resolutions/Goals  thread for more inspirational beauty resolutions to kick-start your new year)! And if a certain theme doesn’t speak to your personal self-care needs, skip it! But don’t forget to stop by to cheer on your fellow BIC-ers. 📣

• Week 1 (1/5 – 1/11) – Getting active (…and if contouring is your cardio, that’s cool too!) 🏅
  • Week 2 (1/12 – 1/18) – Taking care of your hair 💇‍
  • Week 3 (1/19 – 1/25) – Improving your sleep routine 😴
  • Week 4 (1/26 – 2/1) – Trying a new wellness trend (supplements, CBD, gua sha, oh my!) 🔮
  • Week 5 (2/2 – 2/8) – Staying organized and productive 📚
  • Week 6 (2/9 – 2/15) – Setting a skincare goal for 2022 😚
  • Week 7 (2/16 – 2/22) – Meditating and mindset 🧘🏼‍
  • Week 8 (2/23 – 3/1) – Relaxing solo (how do you like to unwind when you get a minute to yourself?) 💆🏻‍

Reply below to share how *you* self-care, and don’t forget to tag any products you’re using (if applicable!) using the “#” sign!

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Share how you're committing to hair care this season!

I love your new hair color, @heartsmyface

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Share how you're committing to hair care this season!

@curlychiquita   Thank you!  I can’t seem to venture away from oranges no matter what I do.  It’s still a dark orangey caramel shade underneath so I have a little fun factor when my hair is up. 

You (and your hair) look great! Nice routine! @heartsmyface

@sister13 Thank you.  It’s sweet and simple but super effective 

@heartsmyface your hair does look happy. That Briogeo Avocado mask has the yummiest scent. 💗💗💗 🥑

@eshoe   Oh my gosh yes it does!!  I keep thinking it smells like the 90s but I can’t place why.  Was it white freezies or slushies?  I have no idea and it drives me nuts. 

Ooooh @heartsmyface I am not sure! Now I am wishing I did not finish my DS. I will have to ponder this one.

Week 1-Getting Active

So I'm a little behind because I have been sick since the new year 😞. First a week of pressure headaches and now cold like stuff. It definitely makes getting out and moving difficult.

Spoiler
I think it's omnicron but since it's "mild" and I'm vaccinated I can't get tested and rapid tests aren't really available in stores here. Sometimes I really dislike this province. 🤬🤬🤬

Before the end of the year I was getting back into my Ringfit with my Nintendo Switch. (I'd also gotten my partner into it!!). I love that the "villian" in the game is toxic gym culture. And that it is about gradually building a sustainable practice and there's the ability to curate the workouts. 

I also wanted to do the Yoga with Adrienne 30 day challenge but haven't had a chance to start yet. That's not to say I can't do it later but sometimes I get it in my head that I'll be behind if I start late. I miss going to yoga. 

Week 2-Taking Care of Hair 

I haven't had a haircut since March 2020. My hair is super long (for me). It's been causing me to relearn what I need to do with my hair. I used to have short, thin (but a lot), greasy hair with a dry scalp. I needed to wash it everyday or my scalp would go haywire (yes...I did try to train it and it didn't work). I was using the Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Tea Tree Scalp Treatment Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL a lot but now I don't reach for it. 

Now, with my longer hair, it's completely different.

I've been noticing that the ends of my hair are getting dry a few days after my shampoo days, so I've been looking into more non wash smoothing treatments. 

I really haven't been doing a lot to style my hair beyond wrapping it in a microfiber towel which adds a bit more wave than the humidity here does. But I have so many products so I've been trying to add some to my routine. Right now it's the Living Proof Prime Style Extender™ 

@haleyvvvv I hope you feel better soon. I also have been getting pressure headaches.  The Christopher Robin Scalp Scrub is really nice! I tried it as a sample. I also have an oily scalp. One day after washing my hair is very oily. Dry Shampoo is such a life saver!

Thank you, @Mellmars1185!! I'm sorry to hear you've been getting pressure headaches!! 

Yes, dry shampoo has become almost a necessity!! What's your favourite?

@haleyvvvv I have dabbled in  few brands and so far I am really liking Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD) Advanced Clean Dry Shampoo 5.5 oz / 184 mL . But my next purchase is Bumble and bumble Bb. Pret-a-Powder Tres Invisible Dry Shampoo with French Pink Clay 7.5 oz/ 340 mL inspired by you. I have not tried this one before. I have the Bumble and bumble Thickening Dryspun Volume Texture Spray which I like spraying in after blow drying. I find it gives a bit of extra volume and helps last longer between washes

@haleyvvvv   When my ends start getting dry between washes I wet my hands and use them to dampen my ends a little before adding something moisturizing, the water opens the cuticle so the treatment can work better.   then seal with oil. 

sorry you haven’t even feeling well.  Also, we ordered our own rapid tests at rapidtestandtrace dot ça.  

Oooh this is all so helpful!! Thank you so much, @heartsmyface!! 🥰

@haleyvvvv haven't been for a cut since last fall so I hear you! get well soon🤕🙂 #Sephora Collection Eye Mask

I have an oily scalp. Back in the day, my dandruff was really really bad. I seem to have it under control now. I have my hair washed twice (one week, skip a week, then washed the second week). I don't use anything fancy, just a shampoo (I add Tea Tree Oil), put hair treatment on and sit under an air dryer for about 20 minutes. After that I wash it out, then I blow dry and curl with a curling iron.  And once in a while I dye my hair (I use Clairol). 

Week 2 (1/12 – 1/18)– Taking care of your hair

I'm so excited for this week's topic💓

Hi my loves!

I love all things hair and I am trying really hard to learn how to style it (I really want to learn how to do braids and perfect waves) Do you have any tips and tricks or a favorite YouTube channel for this? I'm all ears (and eyes lol)

Lets start with how my hair is and my concerns:

I have suuuuuper long, color treated, fine hair (but I have lots of it) I usually look for volumizing / repairing products (things that would make Dolly Parton proud)

Dolly.gif

However, with all the pandemic stress I noticed my hair was thinning in certain areas so I added that to the bucket of concerns.

Here's the latest products I've been trying that are *chef's kiss*

Vegamour GRO Hair Serum for Thinning Hair 1 oz / 30 mL I've been using this religiously and I noticed a LOT of baby hears coming through when I was brushing my hair yesterday -- I low key shed a happy tear.

Briogeo Don't Despair Repair Rice Water Protein + Moisture Strengthening Treatment 5 oz/ 148 mL I slap this on my damp hair and leave it on. My hair is silky soft and I can't stop touching it.

amika The Kure Bond Repair Shampoo for Damaged Hair Honestly, I use several shampoo's in rotation but this one is my first choice. I LOVE how my hair feels after and how shiny it looks. (blonde shampoo, repairing, or volume)

amika 3D Volume and Thickening Conditioner 8 oz/ 236 mL I just want big hair-- this one is hydrating yet lightweight and it gives me a lil bump of volume.

Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Scalp Scrub Shampoo I have dermatitis and my scalp is one of the areas that gets flaky (my whole body does that too 😩 ) and this keeps my scalp squeaky clean with no flaky's on sight! I love it.

Olaplex No. 8 Bond Intense Moisture Hair Mask 3.3 oz/ 100 mL My heater has been on for an eternity since I'm working from home, my hair needs all the hydration it can get and this one is perfect because it does not weight down my hair.

Aquis Lisse Luxe Hair Turban Stormy Sky I hate when the back of my shirts get all damp from my hair being wet. This hair turban is a game changer!

Do you have any products you love that you know I need to try? spill the tea 😍

I'm cocktailing my hair oils again and liking the results.  I've worked Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Glossy™ Nourishing Anti-Frizz Hair Oil 2 oz/ 60 mL into my routine recently.  I like its lightweight feel and shine.  I use it daily on the ends, just to get that scent, but it really does its best after drying your hair.  I used it in place of serum and hit my hair with the cold shot to seal it in 👌🏼👌🏼

PXL_20220110_004418070.jpg

Hello hydrated hair 😍

I love that oil!

@danielledanielle  Your hair is really shiny! 

Week 2 (1/12 – 1/18) – Taking care of your hair 💇‍

My newest routine-

Verb Hydrating Shampoo 

Verb Hydrating Conditioner 

Verb Leave-In Conditioning Mist 

COLOR WOW Dream Coat Supernatural Spray Anti-Frizz Treatment- I never, ever, ever want to be without this again.

Now I just need something to apply to the ends of my curly, frizzy hair.  I'd love some suggestions, as these tangle right away after washing and every day when dry.

@Ispend2much6 

I'm using the SDJ, but I also like The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Hemi-Squalane 1 oz/ 30 mL for frizz.  This works for me when I'm sweating, I rub it in my roots/scalp beforehand and my hair doesn't get as frizzy if I'm sweating running for the train.

2 Replies
testing