Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Tell us your solo relaxation tips!

2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Welcome to 2022, Beauty Insider Community! At this point, the importance of “self-care” is talked about so often that it sometimes almost feels like a chore. Which totally defeats the purpose, right? Self-care is important, but it’s meant to be restorative and enjoyable. 🧖‍♀️ That’s why we’re reviving our Self-Care Check-in Challenge, this time with weekly inspiration for themed rituals and beauty resolutions to incorporate into your own self-care routines.

Check back weekly and let us know in the replies: How are you committing to the self-care theme of the week? Share your tips and tricks, or just get motivated by others (you can even check out @haleyvvvv's 2022 Beauty Resolutions/Goals  thread for more inspirational beauty resolutions to kick-start your new year)! And if a certain theme doesn’t speak to your personal self-care needs, skip it! But don’t forget to stop by to cheer on your fellow BIC-ers. 📣

• Week 1 (1/5 – 1/11) – Getting active (…and if contouring is your cardio, that’s cool too!) 🏅
  • Week 2 (1/12 – 1/18) – Taking care of your hair 💇‍
  • Week 3 (1/19 – 1/25) – Improving your sleep routine 😴
  • Week 4 (1/26 – 2/1) – Trying a new wellness trend (supplements, CBD, gua sha, oh my!) 🔮
  • Week 5 (2/2 – 2/8) – Staying organized and productive 📚
  • Week 6 (2/9 – 2/15) – Setting a skincare goal for 2022 😚
  • Week 7 (2/16 – 2/22) – Meditating and mindset 🧘🏼‍
  • Week 8 (2/23 – 3/1) – Relaxing solo (how do you like to unwind when you get a minute to yourself?) 💆🏻‍

Reply below to share how *you* self-care, and don’t forget to tag any products you’re using (if applicable!) using the “#” sign!

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Share how you're committing to hair care this season!

@danielledanielle  I never thought of using squalane for my hair; thanks!  I like that it's unscented too.  I like my curls, and I just end up with frizz from brushing the tangles out.  There has to be a better way.

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Share how you're committing to hair care this season!

@Ispend2much6 , me neither!  I don't know which of my random searches I was on, but I saw in the description it could be used on hair and saw some favorable reviews.  At $4 it couldn't hurt to try.  So when I'm leaving for work and I think I'll get overheated, I rub this around the crown and nape of my neck where I sweat.  Frizz doesn't show.  It's also super light, so I can still use other products.

@danielledanielle  Come to think of it, I do have some of those baby hairs around my face starting to grow back from when I lost a lot of hair this year- I'm so happy! So the TO will help them calm down.

I already have the Biossance squalane; I looked up the TO ingredients.  Different product- the TO is an isoparaffin; I think that means wax?

I'm anxious to try it.

@Ispend2much6 , I had to look that up, isoparrafin.  It's described more as like an emolient, kind of like a hydrator the way hyaluronic acid works 🤷🏽‍♀️.  From thedermreview.com:

C13-14 isoparaffin can also be found in hair conditioners and other hair care products because of its emollient properties. Similar to how emollients work on the skin, an emollient for hair should easily form a smooth, even film on the surface of the hair. This film helps to seal in moisture and soften the hair. Emollients act as lubricants and provide increased slip between adjacent hair strands, which makes detangling much easier. Hair emollients also smooth and flatten the cuticle surface, which adds shine and gloss to the hair.

@danielledanielle. Sounds like exactly what I need-thanks!

Week 2

I have a dry, itchy scalp.  Fragrance seems to be the main trigger.  I wash my hair two times during the week.  My favorite shampoo is Verb Ghost Weightless Shampoo .  My favorite conditioner is Seed Phytonutrients Moisture Conditioner.  I use Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Scalp Scrub Shampoo 8 oz/ 236 mL and Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind™ Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask 8.0 oz/ 240 mL on the weekend.  Currently, I'm trying to use up my samples of shampoo, conditioner, and styling products.

I have a very dry scalp too! I love the BREAD BEAUTY SUPPLY Scalp-Serum: Cooling Greens Exfoliating Scalp Treatment 1.7 oz/ 50 mL It has a soft texture and my scalp feels very refreshed and hydrated after using it 😄

With super curly long hair, hydration is key. I do an overnight moisture mask once a week. amika Soulfood Nourishing Hair Mask #is my absolute favorite!

My new hair care routine includes continuing taking the #QUAI hair vitamins, they have done wonders for my hair, the K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Mini Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 0.5 oz/ 15 mL  is AMAZING, so I’m going to continue using it for up keep and I’m in the market for a new volumizing shampoo and conditioner. 

Spill the tea on the mask, is it good? how many times have you used it? I'm so curious about it.

Also, the HUM Nutrition Hair Sweet Hair™ - Hair Growth Vegan Gummies with Biotin and Folic Acid 60 Vegan berry gummy hearts are so good for hair growth. These taste amazing and have done wonders for my hair.

I love the amika 3D Volume and Thickening Shampoo 8 oz/ 236 mL amika 3D Volume and Thickening Conditioner 8 oz/ 236 mL Volume collection. It gives the hair that airy, soft volume while hydrating it. Give it a try if you get the chance.

My hair girl gave me bottle of K18 and I love it! My new shampoo & conditioner is Aveda Sap Moss, this is a great product but a little pricey. I wash my hair once a week.

@EvaSnow85 I just ordered the k18 treatment! Super excited to try it !

@Kim888 I definitely want to hear how the K18 works for you.  I really want to try it but admittedly, the price tag has me a little hesitant.

@CookieGirl1 @I’ll let you know! I did buy the mini that sound felt a little less bad price wise ! 

This one's easy. My hair is fine, thin(er), and I have an oily scalp (thank you Mediterranean ancestors) and I have to wash it every day otherwise I look like a greaseball no matter how much dry shampoo I use (super jelly of people that can go a few days without having to wash their hair). And trust me when I say I've tried almost every dry shampoo on the market to little or no effect - my stylist says I'm just "lucky" like that 🙄 🤣. To make sure my hair stays looking decent I keep up by getting a trim every 7 weeks, a purifying salt scrub for my scalp once a week of either Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scalp Scrub Home & Away Duo or SEPHORA COLLECTION Apple Cider Vinegar Cleansing Scalp Scrub 6.76 oz/ 200 mL (I have to be careful since I have sensitive skin) and a nice light leave-in conditioner like Briogeo Farewell Frizz™ Rosarco Milk Leave-In Conditioner 5 oz/ 148 mL a few times a week only on my ends to keep them looking nice since it's so cold out that you can't skip using a blow dryer/other heated tools. Having hair icicles is not a cute look trust me ❄️.

I really had a hair spa day and I started with Olaplex No. 0 Intensive Bond Building Hair Treatment And used Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector  I used a good moisturizing shampoo and used Olaplex No. 8 Bond Intense Moisture Mask 3.3 oz/ 100 mL  and finished with Olaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme 3.3 oz/ 100 mL  my hair felt so great for days. I need to make time to do this more. 

@ather Love a hair spa day! Catch me running around the house on any given Sunday with my hair slathered in Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector lol 😅

@GeorginaBT  So good right!!

I have really been loving the Olaplex No. 8 Bond Intense Moisture Mask 3.3 oz/ 100 mL . I  am also finally getting highlights and a trim on Friday. I haven’t had highlights done since before the pandemic started.

I'm so happy too hear you're getting your hair refreshed!

Kind reminder to take your favorite lipstick and charge your phone because you'll want to take a lot of pictures 😄 

@faeriegirl now that you've shared that, you're going to have to show off your new 'do after tomorrow 😉.

testing