Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Tell us your solo relaxation tips!

2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Welcome to 2022, Beauty Insider Community! At this point, the importance of “self-care” is talked about so often that it sometimes almost feels like a chore. Which totally defeats the purpose, right? Self-care is important, but it’s meant to be restorative and enjoyable. 🧖‍♀️ That’s why we’re reviving our Self-Care Check-in Challenge, this time with weekly inspiration for themed rituals and beauty resolutions to incorporate into your own self-care routines.

Check back weekly and let us know in the replies: How are you committing to the self-care theme of the week? Share your tips and tricks, or just get motivated by others (you can even check out @haleyvvvv's 2022 Beauty Resolutions/Goals  thread for more inspirational beauty resolutions to kick-start your new year)! And if a certain theme doesn’t speak to your personal self-care needs, skip it! But don’t forget to stop by to cheer on your fellow BIC-ers. 📣

• Week 1 (1/5 – 1/11) – Getting active (…and if contouring is your cardio, that’s cool too!) 🏅
  • Week 2 (1/12 – 1/18) – Taking care of your hair 💇‍
  • Week 3 (1/19 – 1/25) – Improving your sleep routine 😴
  • Week 4 (1/26 – 2/1) – Trying a new wellness trend (supplements, CBD, gua sha, oh my!) 🔮
  • Week 5 (2/2 – 2/8) – Staying organized and productive 📚
  • Week 6 (2/9 – 2/15) – Setting a skincare goal for 2022 😚
  • Week 7 (2/16 – 2/22) – Meditating and mindset 🧘🏼‍
  • Week 8 (2/23 – 3/1) – Relaxing solo (how do you like to unwind when you get a minute to yourself?) 💆🏻‍

Reply below to share how *you* self-care, and don’t forget to tag any products you’re using (if applicable!) using the “#” sign!

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Share how you're committing to hair care this season!

@faeriegirl  Yay!!!! Can’t wait to see your new do! 

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Share how you're committing to hair care this season!

I REALLY need to get my hair trimmed; my split ends are getting a little out of control, lol.  I'm going to make it a point of finally getting at least the ends taken off sometime this month.

@CookieGirl1  I agree. I need to do that too!!! 

Me too @CookieGirl1 , I’ve put it off for way too long. 

@CookieGirl1 I'm on that boat too, my hairstylist is out-of-state and I didn't stay long enough last time for my appointment. 😕 Hoping to making it back next month.

My new self-care hair routine started when I purchased the Olaplex Healthy Hair Essentials and fell in love then I bought Olaplex No. 0 Intensive Bond Building Hair Treatment, Olaplex No. 8 Bond Intense Moisture Hair Mask 3.3 oz/ 100 mL! My hair has hasnt felt this healthy and soft in a LONG time 🤍

image.jpg

This hair color @ashleeeyc 🔥🔥😍

@ashleeeyc  Such great products! I love them! 

My hair and scalp have been very dry and flakey this winter! I’ve really been loving my amika Soulfood Nourishing Hair Mask for giving my hair an extra boost! I also have been using the Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Tea Tree Scalp Treatment Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL which I got in Fabfitfun but I’m not really sure how I feel about it 

@Kim888  That amika hair mask is so good!

@Kim888 That amika mask is truly one of my most repurchased products on this site.

This week i'm doing hair masksand using a new shampoo that smells 😩 🤚🏼 sooooo good. doing wonders for my mane! < 3

Week 2- spent my money on some Olaplex no. 3-4&5 for my multi texture fine hair, my hair has less flyaways less mess and more curl and volume, my hair has been given a second life and I plan to make this life the best one.

@Bloodlovetears  I agree. I was highlighting my hair for years and I finally went back to my natural colour and my hair feels so good!

Week 2 - Taking Care of Your Hair - I started off today with freshly blow dried hair. I don't blow dry my hair very ofter anymore because of the time it takes and I want to minimize damage. Tomorrow (Day 2) I plan of curling it with a wand and adding some Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD) Advanced Clean Dry Shampoo 5.5 oz/ 184 mL . On Day 3 I will end up wearing in a high pony tail with some more dry shampoo if needed. Day 4 I will wear in a bun. On wash day I will put in some scalp oil JVN Complete Pre-Wash Scalp & Hair Strengthening Treatment Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and let air dry naturally (curly). I will wear my hair up for the remainder of the week and finish up with a mask. I am definitely due for a cut. I don't know what kind of cut to get. I always go for something similar to the style. My hair is cut one length at the perimeter and then some layers through out. I want to try out curtain bangs  but dont know if I can pull it off or if i will work with the cut I already have

@Mellmars1185  Can’t wait to see what you end up doing!!! I always completely change my look after a few years!

The living proof dry shampoo is a fave of mine as well @Mellmars1185 !

Week one: got my running back up to 7 miles, and this week I got a pretty fast time considering I’m coming back to it from the holidays.

Week 2: finally tried out the Wow hair spray that supposedly acts like a Brazilian blowout. While I don’t think it was effective for me, I rarely take the time to dry my hair properly but always feel more confident when I do. 

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: What’s Your Self-Care Goal of the Season?

@TeamBIC Years ago I used to wash my hair everyday. Now I just wash my hair 2 times a week. After changing my hair washing routine, I noticed that my hair wasn’t as dry. I make sure to apply hair oil before I start shampooing and a hair mask twice a week.  

After I’m done, I apply a leave in styling cream, frizz control oil, and leave in conditioner. Something I have been doing since I was a teenager. 

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: What’s Your Self-Care Goal of the Season?

I'm new to this and kind of missed the boat on the first week! I wasn't terribly active but did go for a polar bear dip in the ocean, which was very fun and bracing and exactly what I needed, so I'll count it!

For personal self-care, I'm trying to commit to washing my face before bed every day and wearing my night guard. We'll see. 😭

Week 1 (1/5 – 1/11) – Getting active

istockphoto-1270011664-612x612.jpeg

Admittedly, I was not very active this week... It was a "travel" week for me despite only being gone for ~1.5 days it really took a lot out of me. It's been freezing up north here so my desire to be outside even for a second more than I have to has been exceptionally low. Currently I am gearing up the courage to take my (small) dogs out for a walk in this insane winter cold front. I will be layering up on several fuzzy jackets and so will my dogs (it's freezing here... don't judge us). To combat the cold on my skin I'm currently doing a small pick me up with my LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Vanilla , my #Drunk Elephant Mini Virgin Marula Luxury Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL , the coveted Drunk Elephant Mini Protini™ Polypeptide Moisturizer 0.50 oz / 15 mL and of course my tried/true Deborah Lippmann Rich Girl - Broad Spectrum SPF 25 Hand Cream For how cold and frigid it is, I'm really going to consider this quick 10-15 minute walk a win on the part of me and the little pooches. Wish us luck!

F93903B1-EBAE-482A-95CC-5F92723DECDD.jpeg

testing