Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Tell us your solo relaxation tips!

2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Welcome to 2022, Beauty Insider Community! At this point, the importance of “self-care” is talked about so often that it sometimes almost feels like a chore. Which totally defeats the purpose, right? Self-care is important, but it’s meant to be restorative and enjoyable. 🧖‍♀️ That’s why we’re reviving our Self-Care Check-in Challenge, this time with weekly inspiration for themed rituals and beauty resolutions to incorporate into your own self-care routines.

Check back weekly and let us know in the replies: How are you committing to the self-care theme of the week? Share your tips and tricks, or just get motivated by others (you can even check out @haleyvvvv's 2022 Beauty Resolutions/Goals  thread for more inspirational beauty resolutions to kick-start your new year)! And if a certain theme doesn’t speak to your personal self-care needs, skip it! But don’t forget to stop by to cheer on your fellow BIC-ers. 📣

• Week 1 (1/5 – 1/11) – Getting active (…and if contouring is your cardio, that’s cool too!) 🏅
  • Week 2 (1/12 – 1/18) – Taking care of your hair 💇‍
  • Week 3 (1/19 – 1/25) – Improving your sleep routine 😴
  • Week 4 (1/26 – 2/1) – Trying a new wellness trend (supplements, CBD, gua sha, oh my!) 🔮
  • Week 5 (2/2 – 2/8) – Staying organized and productive 📚
  • Week 6 (2/9 – 2/15) – Setting a skincare goal for 2022 😚
  • Week 7 (2/16 – 2/22) – Meditating and mindset 🧘🏼‍
  • Week 8 (2/23 – 3/1) – Relaxing solo (how do you like to unwind when you get a minute to yourself?) 💆🏻‍

Reply below to share how *you* self-care, and don’t forget to tag any products you’re using (if applicable!) using the “#” sign!

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: What’s Your Self-Care Goal of the Season?

@QueenMarceline Enjoy your walk! It is so cold where I am that my car would not start today! Stay warm! I mentioned in another thread that I learned keep a hot water bottle at the bottom of your bed helps keep your bed warm all night! 

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: What’s Your Self-Care Goal of the Season?

@QueenMarceline  we must be in the same area of the country because I basically have the same weather forecast and I agree - it's FREEZING here.

@AMK721 Are you in the midwest too? I'm currently in Michigan and having a hard time exiting from underneath my electric blanket LOL

@QueenMarceline  ding ding ding... yes, I'm in Michigan as well lol. Lived here most of my life so you'd think I'd be used to our winters but nope!

@AMK721 Haha! How funny that you got that from the weather app. I will never get used to the winters here, so completely understood 🙂

I'm pretty excited that I'm going to get my hair done this afternoon. I don't go to the salon often, so this is a special treat for me. Looking forward to fresh highlights and I think I'm going to get some inches cut off 🤗

@AMK721 Enjoy your hair appointment! Fresh hair is always such a great feeling!

@AMK721 Oooh, that sounds like an amazing time 🙂

@QueenMarceline  it always is 😁. I love my stylist, she's the best.

@AMK721 I have a little mini spa retreat tomorrow but that's a mini/pedi/massage and mini-facial combo that I got as a gift certificate. I have a stylist who I adore and travel out ~5hours to Chicago to see a few times a year. My hair desperately needs her right now, it's been ages. 🙂 Enjoy your special day!

Love this self-care check in challenge @TeamBIC! 😁 My main getting active goal is to get outside more during the workweek. When I was working from home full time, I walked whenever and wherever I could - to the grocery store, to the coffee shop, before work, after work, during my lunch, etc. - some days would include several 10-minute walks throughout the day and other days would be 30-60 minutes outside at a time. Since I've been on a hybrid model I haven't been doing much, if any, walking outside, even on the day(s) when I work from home. So, my goal is to get back to getting outside more, with an aim of walking for at least an half hour (whether in one outing or multiple ones) every day during the workweek. 

@itsfi  that's amazing! I'm still 100% working from home which I love. It's too cold here right now to be outside for long (this morning it was a bitter 3 degrees F. Kudos for fitting in walks whenever and wherever!

@AMK721, 3 degrees, oh my goodness! Definitely too cold to go outside for very long. 🥶 

Thank you; I just sat all day long when I was working from home, and it helped to get fresh air so i would go outdoors whenever I could. So easy how I fell out of that habit. 😔 But we’re aiming to change that. 

Will it stay that cold for much longer where you live? 

@itsfi  yes it'll be cold for the next few months 🙄 I'm in Michigan. Can't stand the winter weather, but we do have beautiful spring, summer and fall.

I'm just the opposite with working from home lol. I am able to get up and move around much more here. At work I was stuck at a desk all day long. Once the weather warms up to 40ish degrees, I'll be back outside walking. Since it's so cold, I've been lifting weights and doing aerobics from my old DVDs (which I have a lot of fun doing).

Aerobics girl.png

@AMK721, that gif! 🥰 

Weights and aerobics are excellent workouts. 💪🏼 I want to be more like you working from home. Going to try harder to consistently move more when working from home this year.

My goals are to eat healthier, drop 10 lbs and focus on my skin

Some of my goals:

1. Go on a walk every day

2. Read every day, even if it's just one page of a book.

3. Be more mindful of what I am buying. 

@vee95 Those are some great goals 🙂

Thanks for reviving the  self care challenge.  Im a big procrastinator so I need a little motivation and  encouragement to really help get me going. Im going to try and take advantage of this motivation Im getting from everyone and learn more recommendations The BIC Community has that I can use daily to improve my self care , I struggle daily with depression and anxiety which causes me to be very self conscious about my appearance and I want to build my confidence so I can feel more comfortable with posting  online. If anyone has any recommendations to help in my self care journey please any help will be greatly appreciated @BICommunity 

@CLphillips12183 What works for me is writing down my goals and then doing thing everyday to work on getting to where I want to be. Trusting the process  being consistent and giving yourself grace is helpful.

Thanks for facilitating this conversation. 

My most important improvements I'm going to strive for in 2022 is:

- increasing physical activity to at least 30 mins/day and meeting my step goal

- spiritually learning and evolving into creating a stronger relationship with myself and the universe 

- monetarily growing and budgeting 

1 Reply
testing