Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Tell us your solo relaxation tips!

2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Welcome to 2022, Beauty Insider Community! At this point, the importance of “self-care” is talked about so often that it sometimes almost feels like a chore. Which totally defeats the purpose, right? Self-care is important, but it’s meant to be restorative and enjoyable. 🧖‍♀️ That’s why we’re reviving our Self-Care Check-in Challenge, this time with weekly inspiration for themed rituals and beauty resolutions to incorporate into your own self-care routines.

Check back weekly and let us know in the replies: How are you committing to the self-care theme of the week? Share your tips and tricks, or just get motivated by others (you can even check out @haleyvvvv's 2022 Beauty Resolutions/Goals  thread for more inspirational beauty resolutions to kick-start your new year)! And if a certain theme doesn’t speak to your personal self-care needs, skip it! But don’t forget to stop by to cheer on your fellow BIC-ers. 📣

• Week 1 (1/5 – 1/11) – Getting active (…and if contouring is your cardio, that’s cool too!) 🏅
  • Week 2 (1/12 – 1/18) – Taking care of your hair 💇‍
  • Week 3 (1/19 – 1/25) – Improving your sleep routine 😴
  • Week 4 (1/26 – 2/1) – Trying a new wellness trend (supplements, CBD, gua sha, oh my!) 🔮
  • Week 5 (2/2 – 2/8) – Staying organized and productive 📚
  • Week 6 (2/9 – 2/15) – Setting a skincare goal for 2022 😚
  • Week 7 (2/16 – 2/22) – Meditating and mindset 🧘🏼‍
  • Week 8 (2/23 – 3/1) – Relaxing solo (how do you like to unwind when you get a minute to yourself?) 💆🏻‍

Reply below to share how *you* self-care, and don’t forget to tag any products you’re using (if applicable!) using the “#” sign!

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: What’s Your Self-Care Goal of the Season?

@QueenMarceline @Mellmars1185 Wow I feel bad because my butt can't handle it when it's 60s inside or out.  I live in Caifornia so we don't really have seasons.

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: What’s Your Self-Care Goal of the Season?

@SportyGirly125 That is awesome! Enjoy! I have come to learn the 4 seasons here because you get a bit of everything. My favourite is Autumn/Fall. Although if I went to California I probably would not want to leave! ☀️

@QueenMarceline Sounds like a good plan! Try something new and you might like it! Also sounds like you have more snow than me in Ontario, Canada. The blanket sounds really cozy. All you need is a hot drink

@Mellmars1185 I'm actually about 30ish minutes (on a no-traffic kind of day) away from the Canadian bridge by Windsor. They call Michigan "the Canada within America" 😂

@QueenMarceline Not far away at all!

@Mellmars1185 Yes, the weather here has been all sorts of weird. 😁I actually lost power from 11pm last night to about 3pm today because of wind damage. I'm seriously not letting go of the electric blanket for (at least) the next 24 hours LOL.

@QueenMarceline Oh wow! It is windy here but not too bad. Just some cold wet rain/snow. I hope you can use your blanket for many more hours.  Stay warm and safe!

@Mellmars1185 Walking is actually very healthy so every step you take is a great one! 👏👏👏 I am not a gym girl either. I have one in my community that I could use for free and I don’t 🤦🏻‍♀️

@Saradestin It is nice to know I am not alone. All of the gyms are shut down where I live right now. But even if they were open I would not go lol. 

This is such an amazingly inspirational thread idea and I absolutely live for stuff like this, another hit from @TeamBIC (as always). I'll be popping in soon to check in with my week 1 entry but I'm going to love skimming through everyone else's responses until then. Happy 2022 Beauties! 😍

e1b6152bc2e4de94dac645e383b813be.gif

This is a perfect keep yourself on track idea, I love it! 

Week 1: My favorite yoga YouTuber posts a 30-Day series at the start of every year and I’ve been following along with that thus far. Her channel is great, I suggest it everyone who isn’t very experienced or familiar with or likes the “yoga” part of yoga, if that makes sense haha. 

Also, my new NorticTrack bike was delivered yesterday so I’ll be taking all sorts of rides all over the world hahaha. 

@alexasteph @Thank you! 🤗 I will check Yoga with Adriene and see if she has more success in convincing me than my sister and my own self care awareness 😅 It is a difficult task but not an impossible one! 💪

@Saradestin You’re welcome, and good luck! 

That’s awesome @alexasteph !!! I should do some yoga to improve my terrible flexibility but I always find and excuse not to 😖😓 

@Saradestin Then definitely check out the Yoga with Adriene channel on YouTube. She has a few videos tailored for beginners or those brand new to yoga, I assigned them to my high schoolers for their fitness logs during online learning. Her videos are really accessible and straight forward, very rarely longer than 30 minutes, with some as short as 10. They’re great. 

@alexasteph Is your yoga youtuber named Adrienne by any chance? lol. 😊

@QueenMarceline Yes!! Yoga with Adriene and her good boy Benji. 

@alexasteph Ugh I just LOVE Benji! 🙂

Love some good self care! 

Week 1: I'm a member of the Openfit workout app community and am working on getting back into a regular workout program. I was doing so well for a long time and then sprained an ankle and then got busy and life just happened! So now I've signed up for several January challenges that include live classes to help myself stay motivated. 

@TeamBIC  Yeah I love this challenge!

Week 1: I dusted off my old step aerobic DVD, put on my leg warmers and found my love for aerobics again - so much fun! I also am trying to kick my water intake to the next level. Water is part of my every day routine, just want to get a bit more in each day.

@AMK721 I genuinely think I'm stuck in the 80's despite being born in the mid 90's because I seriously cannot get enough of aerobics or jazzercise. Send help. 😂

1 Reply
testing