Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Tell us your solo relaxation tips!

2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Welcome to 2022, Beauty Insider Community! At this point, the importance of “self-care” is talked about so often that it sometimes almost feels like a chore. Which totally defeats the purpose, right? Self-care is important, but it’s meant to be restorative and enjoyable. 🧖‍♀️ That’s why we’re reviving our Self-Care Check-in Challenge, this time with weekly inspiration for themed rituals and beauty resolutions to incorporate into your own self-care routines.

Check back weekly and let us know in the replies: How are you committing to the self-care theme of the week? Share your tips and tricks, or just get motivated by others (you can even check out @haleyvvvv's 2022 Beauty Resolutions/Goals  thread for more inspirational beauty resolutions to kick-start your new year)! And if a certain theme doesn’t speak to your personal self-care needs, skip it! But don’t forget to stop by to cheer on your fellow BIC-ers. 📣

• Week 1 (1/5 – 1/11) – Getting active (…and if contouring is your cardio, that’s cool too!) 🏅
  • Week 2 (1/12 – 1/18) – Taking care of your hair 💇‍
  • Week 3 (1/19 – 1/25) – Improving your sleep routine 😴
  • Week 4 (1/26 – 2/1) – Trying a new wellness trend (supplements, CBD, gua sha, oh my!) 🔮
  • Week 5 (2/2 – 2/8) – Staying organized and productive 📚
  • Week 6 (2/9 – 2/15) – Setting a skincare goal for 2022 😚
  • Week 7 (2/16 – 2/22) – Meditating and mindset 🧘🏼‍
  • Week 8 (2/23 – 3/1) – Relaxing solo (how do you like to unwind when you get a minute to yourself?) 💆🏻‍

Reply below to share how *you* self-care, and don’t forget to tag any products you’re using (if applicable!) using the “#” sign!

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Tell us your solo relaxation tips!

Well for myself washing hair 

Looking my own best

Using new products for a unique vibe 

Browsing healthy social media post

Reading a great story 

Talking to a person, thing 

Prayer as well. 
By Antasia Shabria Armour 

Bath!! Hot as possible. Mt fella built me a bath table so I can do my skincare in the tub. But yeah. How water is my getdown.  Using DrTeals eucalyptus and mint Epsom salt along with la labo santal 23 candle *day or night*. Getting my head right before I work a nightshift

Something about bath salts what I’ve started doing is just taking regular table salt then adding this to scrub well exfoliate dead skin to enhance beauty Dr.Teals is great for soreness pain’s reliving etc while showering.” By Antasia 

For truly solo relaxation now that the weather is getting nicer, I’m loving hiking up the mountain, sitting by the creek and throwing rocks.  I also enjoy the standard manicures bubble baths and yoga but I’m my most relaxed in the woods. 

Hiking is fun I’ve loved this myself a few times when done I also feel well find hiking very positive, relaxing as well.” 

@TeamBIC relaxing solo,, once again lol bubble bath with YouTube and Bic 😘

I’ve created a song list in Apple Music which I’m also using in bath time. Over all well being music is good for the soul.” 

Thing I currently do when relaxing solo is watching a tv show that my fiance would not enjoy with me, paint my nails, massages and walk. Things that I want to start doing solo are yoga and reading more often.

Yes watching shows on my own is fun I’ve learned as well. At first I didn’t get it but now I’m much more understanding.”

By Antasia Shabria ARMOUR 

Smelling my essential oil blends 🙂 🍋🌹🌲

@pocketvenus what is your favourite? I find lavendar calming. I even put it on my magic bag!

@Mellmars1185 ohhhhhhhh for relaxation, lavender is a classic! I love the combo of lavender and sage.

For deep, cleansing forest vibes I like to mix a bunch of clean woods like cedar and pine, ground it in patchouli and then a drop of galbanum for an extra kick of earthiness. You can add a mint like peppermint to up the cleansing factor but it can be a bit activating.

For something more "milk of human kindness" I like sandalwood with rose and nutmeg.

For a more meditative calm, I turn to the resins like frankincense and myrrh. Frankincense with fir balsam needles gives me a purifying vibe.

Oh, chamomile is a classic like lavender and the two can go well together ❤️

@pocketvenus Sounds wonderful! All of those combinations sound very unique qnd pleasant. I have frankincense but I dont really reach for it because i don't know how to use it and don't like the scent on its own.

@Mellmars1185 Frankincense can be a great addition to a blend! It goes well with woods and I think it is beautiful with rose 🙂

❤️❤️❤️ I love esencial oils as well! @pocketvenus 

Relaxing solo… hmm, I usually like to wash my brushes while I’m masking (I’ve been masking with Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Clay Mask 2.54 oz/ 75 mL lately), since I need to wait for the wash-off mask to dry. I find it therapeutic and my friend has teased that it’s my “perpetual activity” 😂

Im with you. LOVE washing mt brushes. Its cathartic

@Guessgal I am terrible at cleaning my brushes 🙈 Maybe I need a good mask to incentivize me! 😊🤔

OKAY! Solo relaxation is where I really excel. Massage, facial, long baths, a book on the patio, walking to coffee, manicures and pedicures, etc.

I only book professional facials every so often and I use some of these masks at home, noting that I have very dry and sensitive skin, so I'm looking for masks that are super hydrating and calming: Kiehl's Since 1851 Avocado Nourishing Hydration Mask 3.4 oz/ 100 mL and fresh Rose Face Mask 3.3 oz/ 100 mL. Love them both. 

I have not used these ones yet, but they are on my list once I finish those two above: Farmacy Honey Potion Plus Ceramide Hydration MaskKiehl's Since 1851 Calendula Petal-Infused Calming Mask with Aloe Vera 3.4 oz/ 100 mL, and fresh Floral Recovery Overnight Mask with Squalane 3.3 oz/ 100 mL. If anyone has others to suggest, I'd love to hear them!

In terms of long baths, I love using Herbivore Coconut Milk Bath Soak 8oz/ 237 mL and OUAI Chill Pills 6 x 1.5 oz/ 42.5 g. 

@CarolBT I also enjoy all of the above activities! You have to 'Treat Yo Self!'

762 Replies
testing