Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Tell us your solo relaxation tips!

2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge2022 Self-Care Check-In Challenge

Welcome to 2022, Beauty Insider Community! At this point, the importance of “self-care” is talked about so often that it sometimes almost feels like a chore. Which totally defeats the purpose, right? Self-care is important, but it’s meant to be restorative and enjoyable. 🧖‍♀️ That’s why we’re reviving our Self-Care Check-in Challenge, this time with weekly inspiration for themed rituals and beauty resolutions to incorporate into your own self-care routines.

Check back weekly and let us know in the replies: How are you committing to the self-care theme of the week? Share your tips and tricks, or just get motivated by others (you can even check out @haleyvvvv's 2022 Beauty Resolutions/Goals  thread for more inspirational beauty resolutions to kick-start your new year)! And if a certain theme doesn’t speak to your personal self-care needs, skip it! But don’t forget to stop by to cheer on your fellow BIC-ers. 📣

• Week 1 (1/5 – 1/11) – Getting active (…and if contouring is your cardio, that’s cool too!) 🏅
  • Week 2 (1/12 – 1/18) – Taking care of your hair 💇‍
  • Week 3 (1/19 – 1/25) – Improving your sleep routine 😴
  • Week 4 (1/26 – 2/1) – Trying a new wellness trend (supplements, CBD, gua sha, oh my!) 🔮
  • Week 5 (2/2 – 2/8) – Staying organized and productive 📚
  • Week 6 (2/9 – 2/15) – Setting a skincare goal for 2022 😚
  • Week 7 (2/16 – 2/22) – Meditating and mindset 🧘🏼‍
  • Week 8 (2/23 – 3/1) – Relaxing solo (how do you like to unwind when you get a minute to yourself?) 💆🏻‍

Reply below to share how *you* self-care, and don’t forget to tag any products you’re using (if applicable!) using the “#” sign!

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Share how you're committing to a better sleep routine!

@Missnur Sounds like a healthy, relaxing way to wind before bed! Have a great sleep!

Re: 2022 Self-Care Check-in Challenge: Share how you're committing to a better sleep routine!

@TeamBIC my sleep routine is not in need of improvement 🙂 I take a hot bubble bath and listen to YouTube every single night! 

@lmaster I think I'm going to take a few pointers from you, when I take a hot bath I can't help but what to go to bed. 😴

@QueenMarceline showers in the morning, so I can save a hot bubble bath to relax, the best ever

@lmaster I just need a good shower cap that doesn't allow water in for showers. I'm super short and it's hard to keep from getting my hair wet during showers. 😞

@TeamBIC I am the worst when trying to improve my sleep routine.  I work at all hours and I am on BIC round the clock too.

I always try to say I will go to bed at a decent hour but have a hard time.

Right before bed I usually have time to myself so I am watching Youtube videos, crafting, exercising and then showering and doing my skincare routine.

I want to say that I can commit to a better sleep routine and improve it but with 2 small kiddos I want all the me time I can get.

@SportyGirly125 I hear you. Before bed sometimes is the only time I get to myself. Sometimes I try to block time out for screentime. All the best with your sleep routine!

@SportyGirly125 , I struggle with the sleep hygiene too.  I want all my me time as well!

As a creative entrepreneur it is imperative that I get an adequate amount of sleep to ensure successful business operations. The inclusion of diffusing essential oils, soothing instrumental music to my nightly meditation routine have assisted in such peaceful nights rest.😌😴#puregingeressentialoil #mentalwellness #communitychallenges #selfcare #awareness

Week 3

I've had insomnia for decades!  I've even been to sleep clinic!  I do everything you're supposed to do (or not supposed to do) and nothing works.  My fate is to sleep two to three hours a night..and not all at the same time. 🥱

@Titian06 I wish you more hours of steady sleep in the future. Sorry to hear this!

Aww, sorry to hear @Titian06 😏

Maybe there will be a helpful tip in this thread? 🤷🏽‍♀️

Week 2- Taking Care of Your Hair- I am going to make an appointment at a salon that is Deva Curl trained to cut curly hair.  It's more than twice the cost of what I pay for a haircut now, but I'm hopeful it will be a huge help.

Week 3- Improving Your Sleep Routine- I have come to learn that there are three actions that help promote a good night's sleep for me- going to bed when I'm sleepy and not wait for a second wind; don't eat too close to bed time or else I'll get energy; severely limit caffeine during the day.

A bit of a late entry for Week 2 (1/12 – 1/18) – Taking care of your hair, but better late then never, right?

This week was kind of busy for me but I wanted to make it a point to do some deep conditioning even if just for 10-15 minutes during my bath times. I've been using the amika Soulfood Nourishing Hair Mask for years now and have enjoyed slathering the bottom 50% of my hair with this stuff during wash days, even when I'm on the go. I also did a deep conditioning make with one of my tried/true the Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Hair Mask (also have been using for years). I've also been reaching a lot for my Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil 2 oz/ 60 mL and my Kevin Murphy curl-focused products post-shampooing. During times when I had to be out the door, I've been using a lot of Living Proof No Frizz Humidity Shield 5.5 oz and my Living Proof Restore Perfecting Spray 8 oz/ 236 mL together on dry hair. I also wanted to make it a point to actually get my hair vitamins and biotin into my vitamin organizer and keep better track of that. Hoping for some good results 🙂

3036912.jpeg

@QueenMarceline  The honey mask sounds wonderful!  I used the Ghost oil for the first time to smooth my frizz on dry hair and it worked very well!

@Ispend2much6 @QueenMarceline - Verb Ghost Oil has been my go-to oil for years!  I try others, but keep coming back! 💖💖💖

@Titian06 @Ispend2much6 Yes! I love it, I use it on dry, wet and damp hair 🙂 It's one of those "not thinking about my routine" products.

@Titian06  Sounds like I need to keep trying it then- thanks!

@TeamBIC I am late for Week 2 but wanted to share because it is BiC-inspired. 

I have been focusing extra on my hair lately, and trying some new combos to see what works best for my rather boring, fine hair. I have been using the Kérastase Nutritive Heat Protecting Leave-In Treatment For Dry Hair 5.1 oz/ 150 mL for awhile now, and recently added in the COLOR WOW Dream Coat Supernatural Spray Anti-Frizz Treatment thanks to a recommendation from @Ispend2much6. I recently (also) added in Olaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme 3.3 oz/ 100 mL on @ather and @pocketvenus’s raving reviews. I apply the Kérastase about 1/3 of the way down from the roots and finish with the Olaplex at the ends. I spray the Color Wow all over (every couple of shampoos) and blow dry then flat iron the frizzy parts (there are a few!). This trio is giving my hair a smoother and shinier appearance, I owe you ladies a big 🙌🏼

@eshoe Sooooo glad it's working out for you <333

@pocketvenus I never would have tried the No. 6 without your and @ather’s suggestion. The No. 3 did nothing for my hair, so I did not plan on trying anything else from the brand. So happy I did!

testing