Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Spicy, Musky Fall/Winter scent

Normally a sweet & light perfume wearer, I've been searching for something spicy and musky for fall/winter for a couple of years now to no luck. A few suggestions for me to sniff next time I'm in Sephora would be welcomed, thanks!

Not sure that it will help for identifying what I like in the spicy/musky category, but my sweet & light favorites are:

D&G lmperatrice

Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche (the green one)

Prescriptives Calyx

Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire

Tags:

Re: Spicy, Musky Fall/Winter scent

Definitely try Bee by Ellis Brooklyn!! 

I second the suggestions for Burberry Brit and Replica By...

I second the suggestions for Burberry Brit and Replica By the Fireplace. Give Dolce & Gabbana The One a sniff, too. It's a warm, musky floral.

Juliette Has A Gun called Lady Vengeance, Replica called...

Juliette Has A Gun called Lady Vengeance, Replica called By the Fireplace, and Nest called Indigo.

RE: Spicy, Musky Fall/Winter scent

Try replica, fire side perfume

Love this stuff as well

I am a hardcore fan of YSL's Black Opium. I first discovered it in 2016 during fall and I wore nothing but that perfume throughout fall and winter. I'm addicted to it. I've even collected some of the Black Opium successors like Floral Shock and Nuite Blanc. If you love warm, spicy, and very much fall/winter feelings then I highly suggest classic Black Opium. The coffee undertones and heady cinnamon really get a person stimulated. It's so great. 

Dior Addict (in the blue bottle) is a great balance between sweet and musk. Ever since I have been wearing it, I get compliments all the time!  Such a deep, sexy fragrance.

I also like Prada Candy.. it is more of a warm vanilla scent, but also great for all year round. 

I'd try some of the Serge Lutens, maybe Five O'clock Au Gingembre?

Anonymous Insider

What's yours budget like? I love Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille but it costs a small fortune. Tom Ford has some other warm spicy scents too if Tobacco Vanille is too sweet. I also love Etat Libre d'Orange's Archive 69 which sometimes just smells like pepper it's weird but I like to layer with something a bit sweeter. If those are too intense for you given you usually wear lighter scents maybe try Elizabeth and James Nirvana Bourbon. It's spicy but should be sweet enough for someone who isn't used to them.

Last year the whole month of December I wore the Tokyo Milk perfume in Novocain, it just for some reason reminds me of Christmas. It's not piney or anything but the Christmas feels are definitely there for me at least like a spiced apple maybe. You should check it out plus they are inexpensive so switching it up is easy.

Narvina Black.. soooo soo good

tom ford santal blush 😍😍

tom ford santal blush 😍😍

1.) As a musky scent-wearer, thanks for the heads-up on l...

1.) As a musky scent-wearer, thanks for the heads-up on lighter fragrances!

2.) Down to business: what do you mean by "spicy"?  There's floral-spicy (like frangipani and lilly) and there's gourmet-spicy (like cinnamon and clove).  When you say, "for fall" that makes me think more along the lines of pumpkin pie...

If you're looking for something along the lines of floral-spicy, I can definitely help with that.  HIgh on my heavy-rotation list are Jean-Paul Gaultier's Classique and Burberry Brit. 

Classique is a bit heavy though; 1 spray should do.  If that's too heavy for you, there's a whole Classique line with some lighter fragrances.  It's VERY floral with the topmost noticeable floral being orange blossom.  There's a little vanilla, anise, and amber with a hint of ginger as well.  Very complex.  I feel like amazingly sexy when I wear it 

Brit is a pretty sweet for a musky fragrance.  It smells of vanilla and almonds with a little bit of non-descript white flower and woody undertones. (Aside) I work with a lot of men who are always asking what perfume I'm wearing.  One day I made fragrance swatches for them; Brit was a universal favorite.  Sephora also sells it in a rollerball (which is best for a lighter application).

On the newer fragrance front, there's Thierry Mugler's Angel, which is a very earthy fragrance with some patchouli, chocolate, honey, amber... and lord knows what else.  It may even be more complex than Classique, and it's very long lasting.

If those are too heavy for you, there's always L'Occitane Almond Supple Skin Oil.  It has a light subtle fragrance that ripens into an aura as your day wears on...

You might also want to try fragrantica.com which breaks down fragrance notes, functionality and user popularity.

One I just got is from Victoria's secret. Love is heavenl...

One I just got is from Victoria's secret. Love is heavenly. Its mandarin flowers and water lily with a hint of musky. So its a little spicy but not over bearing. Also am loving guerlain la petite robe noire and miss dior cherie for fall

I'm not 100% sure I would call them musky scents but I th...

I'm not 100% sure I would call them musky scents but I think Kat Von D's Saint and Sinner (those are two different ones) are wonderful fall/winter scents they both have this warm woods smell that just reminds me of fall so much. 

Another one you might want to try if you have a Kohls near you Avril Lavignes Black Star is also great.

I am not usually a Celeb perfume type person but both people made such unique scents than most of the plain sweet and sugary typical celeb perfume.

try gucci rush... one of my all time favorite winter/fall...

try gucci rush... one of my all time favorite winter/fall fragrance!!! it's spicy yet floral and absolutely sexy 😉

http://www.sephora.com/productimages/sku/s336545-main-hero.jpg

The first one that comes to mind is Burberry Brit. Boyfri...

The first one that comes to mind is Burberry Brit. Boyfriend by Kate Walsh is another good one! I recommend trying a sample of Boyfriend first. You either LOVE it or you don't!!

Hey there!    I love fall fragrances Im guilty of wearing...

Hey there! 

I love fall fragrances Im guilty of wearing them year round:) spicy and musky....humm. Some of mine I wear are Gucci Guilty Intense and Guess by Marciano I also LOVE Versace Crystal Noir. Miss Dior Cherie is also great. Not so sure about spicy musky but they are great perfumes. Ive heard that loverdose by Diesel is spicy in a sense but never have smelt it. Just some suggestions:)

18 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing