Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Wavy curly hair problems !! Help !!

I have wavy hair , it’s between oily and dry..my scalp is oily. What’s a good product for my hair ??? I want to give it volume =(

Re: Wavy curly hair problems !! Help !!

Thanks for tagging me @ShortErica ! @Sugarricebunny My scalp is oily too, so I prefer to stick with foams and mousses on the top third of my hair; no creams, oils, or butters up there! The Deva volumizing foam is nice, but I’m hoping to find something comparable that’s easier on the wallet. I have the most succes with a foam/mousse on the top third, and a gel on the bottom 2/3 to enhance my waves and provide some hold. I love the Ouidad Heat & Humidity gel. 

What are you currently using for shampoo and conditioner and styling products @Sugarricebunny?

Paging @Loretta55 @tastelikewater - trying to help a fellow wavy/curly 🙂

Thank you for the page @ShortErica . My hair is very thick with a wavy/swavy curl type. My scalp is dry not oily. Being my hair is prone to tangling, I start my wash routine with Devacurl Wash Day Wonder . This is part of my precleanse. After all the knots melt from from hair, I will wash my hair with Devacurl No Poo. Do not rinse the Wash Day Wonder prior to using No Poo. I will do a second wash with No Poo. Before using Devacurl One Condition, I will try to squeeze the moisture from my hair before I apply Devacurl One Condition from midshaft to the ends. I leave a bit of the One Condition in my hair. The Curly Girl method recommends that you apply your styling products to sopping wet hair, but my stylist recommends in my case removing some with a white paper towel. 

This is my styling routine which seems to be working. I apply Devacurl Frizz Free Styling Foam only to my roots for volume. Next step I noticed made the biggest impact in my routine which is Devacurl Wavemaker. I scrunch a small amount from midshaft to the ends. The final step that I use is to apply Devacurl Ultra Styling Gel scrunched in. I was given a great tip recently to use an Aquis Turban to help dry my hair quicker. I will use it for about half an hour and arrange my waves with the towel. My hair takes anywhere from 4 to 8 hours to dry completely. Once my hair is completely dry I will run my fingers along my scalp to encourage volume and scrunch waves. I hold my hair upside down. This is called breaking the caste. 

May biggest tip is to keep your hands out of your hair. That is what encourages frizz. 

@Sugarricebunny , please go to the Devacurl website to find a Devacurl stylist that is trained in the Devacurl method of both cutting and styling your hair. Your hair will be cut dry according to your wave pattern. Then it will be washed and conditioned. Your stylist will recommend products that compliment your hair along with styling products. Your stylist will show you proper placement of your styling products. I realize this is long but if you have any further questions please send me a PM.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing