Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Thinning hair getting thinner?!

I've always had thin hair since I was a baby, and I put it through a lot, I've dyed it every color of the rainbow pretty much. Lately I've been wearing my hair in a bun a lot because I don't want to use heat styling products on it, I'm also trying not to wash it everyday, but when I take my hair out there is a clump of hair stuck to the hair tie and my hair is it knots! I already have super thin hair and now when I see my hair falling out I freak out! I'm only 24 I don't want to be losing hair. Anyone know of any products/vitamins or ANYTHING to help my hair grow and give it some volume?

Re: Thinning hair getting thinner?!

Besides the supplements and the methods have been suggested, you should also look into Paul Mitchel Tea Tree Scalp Care Anti-Thinning shampoo/conditioner. I used to have  A LOT of hair but the strands are thin. I've been bleaching it non-stop for the past 2 years and I think my hair is finally done with me. After my last session at the hair salon, i've noticed more hair falling out than before. So i started looking into supplements, which help with hair growth but didn't stop my current hair from flying off my head. I've started using that line and noticed a BIG difference. I don't see a big clump of hair in the shower on my brush or around my room as much, like....it just stopped!!!! That line of shampoo/conditioner saved me! BIG TIME!

RE: Re: Thinning hair getting thinner?!

Wow! Never heard of it but going to look into it! Thanks!

Re: RE: Re: Thinning hair getting thinner?!

Yes there are good ingredients in that new Paul Mitchell one she is talking about. An Aveda brand has the same ingredients to do the same thing as well. It is called Invati...you would probably be better off with the Paul Mitchell because I bet it is cheaper. I believe this is what she is talking about. One of the active ingredients is tumeric.  https://www.paulmitchell.com/tea-tree/tea-tree-scalp-care/scalp-care-anti-thinning-shampoo/

RTMakeup wrote:
Wow! Never heard of it but going to look into it! Thanks!

Does it dry your hair out at all?

Surprisingly no. I actually put a tiny bit of the conditioner on my scalp as well and it actually reduced the amount of oil my scalp produced. Normally, my hair would be super oily by the 12th hour after shampoo but this i can go over 24 hours and it still looks good. I normally only put conditioner on the ends of my hair below the ears but for this one, i put it all over and my hair is still extremely manageable.

You can get "Hair Skin Nails" supplements at pretty much anywhere. They are not miracle products, but it might work out for you in the long run if you kept using them. I'd also cut my hair shorter, switch to non silicone based shampoo, and avoid tie up/give too much tension to my hair.

I think you should stop putting it a bun or using hair ties that catch. I would use a good volumnizing shampoo and no conditioner. If you want you can use a light leave in conditioner to combat frizz and make sure you don't weigh the hair down...or even better find a volumnizer that also has moisturizing properties. I find that blow drying my hair upside down and using a volume spray works. You can also put in a powder to creme texturizer at the roots...don't be afraid to back comb the hair a little bit at the roots. Dry shampoo is also a great tool. As for hair loss...I agree with the other ladies, biotin is great. Women's One A Day vitamins now have a lot more biotin for that purpose. I use a boar bristle hair brush because it doesn't tug at my hair and it will help to distribute your healthy oils through your hair naturally. I've tried Nioxin before and, it does stimulate your scalp...but I didn't notice much difference to be honest. A thickening shampoo and product will help to give the illusion of more hair...but sometimes it can feel tacky or heavy. If you have certain spots you want to cover they now have powders for that. Good luck!

RTMakeup wrote:
I've always had thin hair since I was a baby, and I put it through a lot, I've dyed it every color of the rainbow pretty much. Lately I've been wearing my hair in a bun a lot because I don't want to use heat styling products on it, I'm also trying not to wash it everyday, but when I take my hair out there is a clump of hair stuck to the hair tie and my hair is it knots! I already have super thin hair and now when I see my hair falling out I freak out! I'm only 24 I don't want to be losing hair. Anyone know of any products/vitamins or ANYTHING to help my hair grow and give it some volume?

Anonymous Insider

I use Enjoy's volumizing shampoo and Nioxin conditioner as well as the Nioxin scalp treatment. I put argan oil on the ends of my hair as well to make brushing easier. Don't use hot tools and don't over brush/wash. I'm also 24 and have the same problem, but, this seems to help a lot. Biotin is a good supplement to add to your diet as well!

Try using something called biosil or biotin it helps grow your hair and nails and make your skin better. Try using it for a year and take 2 tablets a day one in the morning and night.

RTMakeup wrote:

RTMakeup wrote:

I have been through this..  I basically had to cut my hair short to get back to my virgin hair.   

Now I was my hair 1-2 times a week..  If it gets oily, dry shampoo. 

I also will do hair masks to keep the ends hydrated.  Coconut oil does a great job for this. 

When I do wash my hair, I only shampoo the scalp and I only condition the ends.  

I rarely let heat near my hair, air drying is the best.  And when coloring, avoid anything that removes colour..  Stick to demi permanents that only deposit color. 

It's taken a couple of years, but my hair is super healthy now and really long.  

I agree demi permanents and stuff that washes out...don't do any blonde dyes either.

NattheBat wrote:

I have been through this..  I basically had to cut my hair short to get back to my virgin hair.   

Now I was my hair 1-2 times a week..  If it gets oily, dry shampoo. 

I also will do hair masks to keep the ends hydrated.  Coconut oil does a great job for this. 

When I do wash my hair, I only shampoo the scalp and I only condition the ends.  

I rarely let heat near my hair, air drying is the best.  And when coloring, avoid anything that removes colour..  Stick to demi permanents that only deposit color. 

It's taken a couple of years, but my hair is super healthy now and really long.  

Thank you for the advice!

Re: RE: Re: Thinning hair getting thinner?!

My pleasure!   🙂

13 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing