Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Products for volume?

I am looking for a great product that gives my thin, straight, and drab hair some height and volume at the roots! I dont want anything that leaves my roots/hair crunchy or sticky though. Help a girl out!! 

Re: Products for volume?

I have had some good luck with Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray.  I am careful not to overuse it and spray it on my wet hair before I blow it dry.  I live in an extremely humid area and this works better than many things I've tried.  

RE: Products for volume?

Mousse is your friend! Put more than you think you need in while hair is wet, at the roots, and then comb through. Only apply heavier stuff like oil or serum on the bottom few inches of your hair--from the ears down. I'm a huge fan of Velcro rollers. I rough dry my hair and then apply the rollers. You can just do the crown for a natural look or roll your whole head to cheat the look of a round-brush Blowout. The trick is to get them into still-warm-from-the-blow-dryer hair and to leave them in at least 20 minutes to cool. I'm also a huge fan of hair powder used at the roots after your hair is 100% dry. Seriously, it will feel ten times thicker! Just use VERY sparingly. Bumble & Bumble makes a good one, as do Aveda and Big Sexy Hair.
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing