Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Needs Volume

I need help with getting my hair to have volume because my hair is flat and does anyone have tips or recommend products, tools, tips would be greatly appreciated.

I find the key is weightless volume. Don't use heavy prod...

I find the key is weightless volume. Don't use heavy products. Starting with conditioner, I recommend Anadalou Naturals argan stem cell for thinking hair. Also look for ingredients that stimulate the scalp like caffeine, menthol or tea tree oil. Also blow dry hair upside down with round brush for bend and bounce. Finally I HIGHLY recommend Handmade Heroes drop dead gorgeous dry shampoo. It's an all natural powder I apply with a Kabuki brush to roots in sections. Stimulates scalp, feels clean, absorbs oil and adds tons of volume!

Re: Needs Volume

Try strategically crimping sections of your hair! I do it everyday! I also use Bumble and Bumble Full Form Thickening Mousse, a bit of the Thickening Creme for texture and Osis hairspray to set. 

A personal favorite of mine is Samy FAT Hair Amplifying Shampoo and Conditioner. It adds thickness and definition without weighing my hair down or making it too wispy. I had also been using the Samy FAT Hair Thickening Creme, but they discontinued it, which is really unfortunate, and replaced it with an "Amplifying" cream, which does nothing for my hair.

Hope this helps! Let us know what you decide on, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Make sure when you're using product for volume you are not putting it on all the hair, but at the root.. If you can dry the root with the head flipped over.. YES old skool method for home styling and make sure that root is dried before moving on. - I've been an active & licensed stylist for 10 years... it works for my girls that ask for volume. 

Big Sexy Hair has a great root lifting leave in. Try it out. 🙂

The Bumble and Bumble thickening line and the Living Proof thickening products are great for volume.

Thanks for the tips

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
testing