Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
Anonymous Insider

Hair loss help

Hi I'm struggling with hair loss at the moment can anyone recommend anything for me. I've been using a caffeine shampoo and taking vitamins but I don't think it's helping thanks

RE: Hair loss help

I swear by this shampoo and I’ve gone through hair loss a few times due to my medications. They sell it on Amazon or in CVs now

Ive been using Kama Ayurveda hair oil. Since using - i have experienced less hair loss and stronger hair. For it to work you have to use it often. I have been using mine for a year and a half and now my mom has started using it to. You can imagine i have these stocked up! Indian hair remedies are the best by the way.. amla oil or this oil is 100% my savior! Here is a picture of it - (📷: google images/realbeautyspot)

I am a licensed Cosmetologist for over 20 years in California and Illinois and had a problem with hair loss myself. I turned to many different remedies, such as nutrition and vitamins and very expensive hair products. Both the nutrition and vitamins helped some, but what really helped was the new and improved Invati line by Aveda. Before I started using it I used to lose a ton of hair in the shower. Now I hardly lose any and my hair is growing in thicker and I have so much less breakage. I also have brand new hair growth coming in as well.

A number of factors contribute to hair loss: blood work should be performed to evaluate specific levels, genetics, stress. The only way to treat hair loss is discovering what is causing the loss. We treat patient’s scalps with Platelet Rich Plasma but if you have significant co factors a hair product is not your solution seek professional advise. Bosley bought hair club for men and treat both men and women.

@JSimsy04 I know that PRP can be effective but it’s very expensive and sometimes a few rounds of PRP injections are necessary for results 😢 but they are less expensive than hair grafts .

Re: Hair loss help

@Anonymous I personally use a particular brand of shampoo/conditioner for my dandruff prone scalp but noticed I lose so much less hair than I normally do. I recommended this to my friend who suffers from losing a lot of hair from stress and she loves it too. [DAENG GI MEO RI] Ki GOLD Premium Shampoo. You can find it on Amazon. It is pricey but, soooo worth it. And, it smells amazing!

You mentioned pura d’argan oil shampoo. Where can I buy that in Canada? How much does it cost in your currency (the country where you are residing?)

Re: RE: Hair loss help

You may also want to try eBay. 

Re: RE: Hair loss help

You may also want to try eBay. 

Hey @nyaman! Im currently living in Chicago, I get it fro...

Hey @nyaman! Im currently living in Chicago, I get it from Amazon USA. I guess it costs 29 us dollars

Re: Hey @nyaman! Im currently living in Chicago, I get it fro...

Thanks! 

Hey! Try Pura d'or argan oil shampoo for hairloss. I'm a...

Hey! Try Pura d'or argan oil shampoo for hairloss. I'm a medical student and frequently get a lot of hairloss due to stress,but not after using this shampoo. I have fine hair and a oily scalp and this one's the best shampoo. All natural too. You can find it on Amazon.

Use aloe vera.

Also, if you're into natural remedies, massage your scalp with grapeseed oil before you go to sleep. Not only will it stimulate hair growth, but it will moisturize your scalp as well. It is non-comedogenic, so it will not cause pimples on your face or head. If anything, it will HELP with acne. 

@Mimi2608 Hello, hairstylist here. Hair loss/thinning hai...

@Anonymous Hello, hairstylist here. Hair loss/thinning hair happens for a number of reasons and they can differ from men to women. Nutritional Deficiencies caused by extreme dieting or eating disorders; Stress; Clogged follicles due to a buildup of Dihydrotestosterone on the scalp; certain medications; Thyroid issues and plain old heredity. Once you eliminate culprits, it's easier to suggest a proper regime.

Okay so, mine is due to a Thyroid problem. It seem like t...

Okay so, mine is due to a Thyroid problem. It seem like the older I get the worse it gets. Or, it may just be that my hair was so thick when I was younger that I really hadn't noticed to much. But, now it's at the point where it's gets and falls out everywhere! To me it's pretty bad. So, any thoughts on what I can do for it? I'm honestly ready to start investing in some good wigs because I feel like it won't be too long before it's to thin do anything with. Thx in advance.

@Shorty216 I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier, if you ta...

@Shorty216 I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier, if you tag, it's easier to reply 😊. Thyroid disease is it's own genre in terms of hair loss. It causes diffuse hair loss and sufferers of hypo/hyper thyroidism often blame their medication for the loss. Scentifically its often not the case. It just takes time and a great deal of patients. Please be wary of "miracle cures" that will regrow your hair. It simply takes time 🖤

Re: @Shorty216 I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier, if you ta...

I've had this Thyroid problem my entire life but, I know it isn't the medicine making my hair fall out because i'm not the best at taking it all the time. It doesn't matter if I'm taking my medicine or not, my hair falls out really bad.After washing my hair the other day I cleaned out the drain, there is always a big clump, and then I had to stop five different times to clean up more hair. Then when I blow dry it then its a sink full of hair, not to mention what I can't see that has fell on the floor. So you don't have any idea's of what might help? Its really embarrassing because it ends up on my family in places it shouldn't, my dogs eat it off the floor or furniture. like I said before, it's pretty bad.

Anonymous Insider

I started taking peptides a collagen supplement for mine...

I started taking peptides a collagen supplement for mine and my hair is not falling out like it was.

What vitamins are you using? I’m on the ouai and they work great. Lately when I put my hands in my hair there is so much more hair! Also recently got a sample of Cavier cc cream, the leave in, it’s much lighter than the regular conditioner it would seem and my hair just looks thicker. Also will be trying the Christophe Robinson volume line. It’s expensive but I hear good things.
Conversation Stats
Photos2
testing