Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Hair dryer for fine, wavy hair

Hi all! I'm in the market for a new hair dryer and looking to splurge a bit. The Dyson is tempting but I wonder if I really need it...currently I'm using a VERY cheap, old Revlon dryer. 

My hair condition is relatively okay, it's quite fine but there is a good amount of it, it's a little over shoulder length, and I don't really wear it particularly curly. It's pretty much bang on 2b if you are familiar with curl patterns, so more just wavy.  I want something that is light enough for me to comfortably use with a good 'cool' setting to mitigate heat damage. Right now my bad dryer is taking about 25 minutes to dry to adequate levels, I'd LOVE to take 10 minutes instead.

I'm thinking Dyson, Drybar, or T3 Cura. Any experience with those ones, fellow fine haired people seeking volume and low frizz, or any suggestions for a different model entirely?

Re: Hair dryer for fine, wavy hair

I purchased the T3 Cura when it was on sale. I believe it is on sale right now. I don't have fine hair, but I do have frizzy, damaged hair that's been beaten quite badly with dying it. I really LOVE the T3 Cura. It makes my hair soft & shiny, and has helped with my frizz! It has two speeds, and 3 heat settings, which really helps me manage my blow out & the amount of heat my hair takes. 
My only complaint with the T3 Cura is that it doesn't come with a diffuser. It's sold separately. But, I still recommend this hair dryer! 

RE: Hair dryer for fine, wavy hair

The Dyson is a heavy investment, but I am so in love with it. I too was between Dyson and T3. The Dyson has a very luxurious feel and sound, but also drys my hair the quickest any dryer has. It comes with 3 magnetic heads, and the diffuser is my go-to for high volume styling. I have long, fine, and wavy hair and the Dyson dryer gives it a nourished shine and texture - hope that helps!
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing