Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Fine, straight hair....does anything work?

I need a hairspray or thermal spray, or a miracle. I need to be able to keep a curl. I cut my hair shorter a few months ago, I color every 3 months to remove gray, or is grey? Anyway it had dead looking straw like ends, so after a cut I saw a small improvement but would prefer to have a miracle product. I have tried alot, still looking.....any suggestions??

Fine, straight hair....does anything work?

yes! fine straight hair here too! although my hair process might be kinda overwhelming, here it is: -bleaching /getting blonde - if you bleach hair it gets dryer, more corse and although not everyone might like this a bit "damaged" effect i find it did wonders in terms of my hair being able to hold a curl. before nothing would work outside of freeze hairspray that would make my hair crunchy so i feel your pain. there are products that mimic this effect like all the salt sprays / beach waves stuff - try putting that on before using a curling iron and then set with hairspray. it will work. - olaplex- it makes your hair thicker. i use the whole system 1-5. but you can just start with one. it's amazing. - dry shampoo - if you have fine straight hair you probably have greasy roots too, at least I do. dry shampoo will add volume to your roots. I'm addicted to it and even though it took a lot of mental prep now i can go for 3days without hair washing which did wonders for being able to hold my hair colour (bleached silver)

RE: Fine, straight hair....does anything work?

Hi Suzy, I use BB Hairdressers invisible oil heat& UV protectant before curling my hair. It really helps my hair look healthy and to a nice surprise it holds very well. I have stubborn straight hair so I like to spray a lightweight hairspray over everything when I’m done curling and it last all day/ night. I also use Zero Frizz by Swartzkopf if it’s looking dry

Re: Fine, straight hair....does anything work?

Hi @Suzyqlimon22 

Well, you are asking for a few different things here. Let’s start with the ‘miracle product’. Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL

is a patented scientific breakthrough. It is an internal bond builder. What does that mean? Instead of treating the outside of your hair, it treats the internal structure of your hair. Apply on damp hair before you shampoo, leave on 15 mins and shampoo and conditioner per usual. 

As for your hair not holding a curl, are we talking mechanical curl or natural curl? If we are talking mechanical (curling/flat iron) you can try a product like Hot Sets from Redken. If natural curl, you will find Olaplex will enhance natural texture. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing