Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Vegan Beauty
|

Products without soy, tocopherol, E, lecithin

Hi!  Have only found one product that is truly soy free and unfortunately not sold at Sephora.  Didn’t realize that tocopherol, tocopherol acetate, lecithin are derived from soy.  Vitamin E is derived from soy and synthetic unless d is in front of it, such as d-alpha.   This is a cheap ingredient that can be made from sunflower instead of soy.  Am allergic and searching.  Prefer no preservatives such as disodium edta or bht. Realize asking for much but if you spot any, thanks for advising.  

Re: Products without soy, tocopherol, E, lecithin

Hi,

What kind of products are you looking for?

I spent the last year researching because I also I have a soy allergy. I found most matte lipsticks do not have soy but I always email the brand and double check. The Sephora lip glosses do not contain soy ingredients. I have been using the Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation but I went through the ingredients for KVD's new medium coverage foundation and that seems okay too. I have a list of alternative soy names that I compare all of the ingredients to before trying.

Thank you so much for your kind reply!   I'm specifically looking for a great eye cream, eyeliner and concealer.  How do you like the Tarte Foundation?  Just tried the KVD brow powder and its nice but being discontinued for some reason.  Any other alternative soy names than those I mentioned?  Thank you for sharing!  Be well!  

@tita12I think you're going to have a hard time since these ingredients are super effective emulsifiers and preservatives that are generally well received by consumers. Cleansers should be okay, I like Biossance Squalane + Tea Tree Cleansing Gel 5.07 oz/ 150 mL. You'll probably want to stick with just a plain oil as a moisturizer- Biossance has great options there too but The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mLis a great budget option. The simpler/fewer ingredients the more likely you'll be able to avoid those ingredients. I'd also maybe look into DIY options

Thank you so much!  Will give these a try!  I was using Josie Maran Argan oil for awhile.  Just found some face masks that seem clean- Farmacy Honey Potion, Tata Harper Resurfacing mask and Herbivore Prism.  Like that the first ingredient is honey or aloe Vera instead of water.  Appreciate the kind recommendation!  🙂 

RE: Re: Products without soy, tocopherol, E, lecithin

@tita12 Josie Maran is a great option! And yeah I love farmacy- both great picks ☺️
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing