Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Vegan Beauty
|

New Vegan Beauty Favorites!

Jeffrey English, Sephora Beauty DirectorJeffrey English, Sephora Beauty Director

Hey There BIC, Jeffrey Here!

One word that has really been on my mind lately is: "Compromise."

Compromise is essential in everyday life, I mean how ELSE would relationships work? But, there are times when you have to set Beauty Boundaries for yourself that you aren't willing to budge on. Fortunately, the cosmetic industry is moving forward towards making the world a prettier place for all and the quality of your lipstick doesn't have to suffer because of it. You no longer have to sacrifice professional results for a restful conscience; thus, you no longer have to compromise! One great example of this is the Vegan Beauty category! Sephora is now working harder than ever with our brands to create a large vegan assortment of products that are just as effective as any other product in the store.

But wait, let’s not forget those that have been pioneers in this category! Over the course of about 10 years, brands such as Urban Decay, Hourglass, and KVD Vegan Beauty have worked rigorously to create exceptional quality, vegan-friendly options and are transparent about their point- of-view on the subject matter. It’s a common expectation these days for brands to wear their values as a badge of honor and to let people know exactly where they stand. 

Where are you unwilling to compromise? Where do you draw the line? How do you define your moral eye? 

Check out some of my new faves in the spoiler below, and don’t miss out on one of our latest Sephora YouTube videos all about Vegan Beauty here:

Spoiler

Ciao, for now, Beauties!

Re: New Vegan Beauty Favorites!

Obvs not willing to sacrifice when it comes to vegan products, but a product also has to be cruelty-free (as well as the parent companies be cruelty-free AND they can't sell in countries where it's the law to test on animals). That narrows it down for me already, but lately I've really been trying to not buy plastic. So if I'm choosing between two products and one comes in a glass container, I'm going to buy that one.

RE: New Vegan Beauty Favorites!

I love both brands so much. With Milk and Kvd I honestly feel like I’m never sacrificing the quality of my makeup for it to be vegan. I love how informative both brands can be with the ingredients and the transparency. So happy that it worked out for you!

love these two brands glad it worked for you!

@JeffreyBD I have realized that I won't compromise on fragrance in my skincare products.  I personally just find it useless to put fragrance in since it's an irritant.  I've missed out on some products for sure, but I just keep my fingers crossed that lines will offer fragrance-free options in the future.

RE: Re: New Vegan Beauty Favorites!

@Anonymous7 I hear that! Traditionally, brands generally started putting fragrance into their products to mask other odors, but I feel I can put up with a little bit of a smell if I know it’s coming from good ingredients. For example, Juno Oil from Sunday Riley legit smells like a straight up skincare salad (due to features like Cranberry Seed Oil, Black Cumin Seed Oil, Wild Carrot Seed Oil, and Borccoli Seed Oil), but I’m totally here for it!

Re: RE: Re: New Vegan Beauty Favorites!

@JeffreyBD Yeah, so long as something works, I don't care what it smells like!  And smells dissipate so quickly anyway that even if you like the smell you won't enjoy it for long.  

I am so happy Sephora has vegan-friendly options!!!! I just got the milk face wash and the moisturizer I can't wait to try them out! @ JeffreyBD

@JeffreyBD  I'm excited to try the Hourglass concealer at some point. I didn't realize it contains chamomile - that makes it even more appealing to me. Thanks!

I’ve been dying to try the hourglass concealer but love their blushes and ambient palettes @ JeffreyBD

I just got the hourglass concealer!!! I haven’t got the milk makeup vegan milk. I’ve been hearing good things about it @jefferybd
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 64 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos3
  • Milk Makeup Vegan Milk Moisturizer
  • Hourglass Vanish Airbrush Concealer
  • Jeffrey English, Sephora Beauty Director
testing