Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Vegan Beauty
|

I have a lot of pitted scars

Unfortunately, anxiety and a mirror don't mix well. I've picked my face past the point of even skin tone and I'm depressed about it. I'm vegan, and eco-conscious, so my choices are very selective and being that the market is not as grandiose as others (it's gotten better though) I haven't run across many options. Can anyone recommend any products for repair and coverage? I don't want to live like this anymore, it's depressing.

Re: I have a lot of pitted scars

Repair that would be appropriate for deep scars with noticeable difference would be lasering. You may a see measurable difference with a serious peel done by a professional. The most efficient skincare is RetinA (which you can find in a generic) also prescribed by a professional. Nowadays you might find a doc in box company that will prescribe for you online. Without professional help, try a AHA or glycolic peel you can do at home. For daily use you can use retinol toner & cleanser with AHA or glycolic acid. They won't repair but will help your skin from getting worse.

I just saw this and wanted to say thank you so much! I'm seeing a dermatologist this Thursday and will inquire more about everything you said including Retin-A. Thank you again!

Hi @KsageKRiley - if you're on instagram, check out the user funskincare (she's a PhD candidate in dermatology) she just posted a breakdown of different types of acne scarring and different possible treatments (topical as well as medical). There might be some helpful information in there 

Thank you so much, I will definitely check the page out 💚

Thank you so much, I will definitely check the page out 💚
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
testing