cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Valentine's Day Fragrances and Activities

Hey BIC!

Valentine’s Day is coming up in two short weeks! Whether you are going to spend the day with your besties, your significant other or with number one we want to know your ideas for what makes a great Valentine’s Day! We know that many are struggling to figure out what to gift and may also be stressing over planning a date idea.

This community is always full of great ideas so I wanted to open up two questions to you to see if we can help the greater Sephora community out:

1. What specific fragrance(s) would you love to receive as a gift (Sephora brands please!)
  2. What’s a fun plan for Valentine’s Day with or without a  plus one? Please share suggestions for romantic date tips, a night of self-care, etc. 🙂

Can’t wait to read your responses and hopefully fall in love with new fragrances!

Re: Valentine's Day Fragrances and Activities

1. YSL Black Opium, not only is it crazy enticing but also comforting and empowering (if that makes sense).  

2. Work during the day which, if all goes well, will be pretty light hearted.  We're planning to go by a few of the local colleges/universities to hand out Valentines/information about warning signs within relationships.  We're also bringing back an event we did last year where students/faculty were able to craft their own Valentines which was a huge hit (might have something to do with nostalgia from making them in the younger years).  For myself relaxation and trying to plan a girls day that weekend!

YSL Black Opium is one of my top 5 @ElleElleG!!  You have excellent taste, milady Smiley Wink

1. When I think of romantic fragrances, Serge Luten's perfumes stand out to me as being beautifully dramatic and emotional. La Fille de Berlin comes to mind for Valentine's Day. But perhaps a rose fragrance is a bit predictable? A floral from Tom Ford like Shanghai Lily or Jasmine Rouge might work.

2. I always love to make a special multi-course Valentine's Day dinner for my partner and myself. I also always send Valentine's cards out to my friends at the beginning of February ❤️

Also, I know multiple charitable organizations in Toronto have programs in place to facilitate gift giving around Christmas for people who are ill, homeless, at-risk, and so on. These sorts of celebratory times can make people feel very blue. So Valentine's is probably a good time give a donation or care package to a charity ❤️

@pocketvenus Such good choices! I had also thought of La Fille de Berlin and Shanghai Lily as being lovely scents for Valentine's Day. 

@pocketvenus and @lyravega, I also love Tom Ford Jasmine Rouge. It is one of my favorite scent of all time. Stupid Tom has to discontinue Shanghai Lily. I’m still hoping to find a bottle at somewhat reasonable price 😂

@blackkitty2014  Ah, that's right, I forgot about the discontinuation... I guess it's an unlikely candidate for a sample then! :'(

@blackkitty2014 Shanghai Lily is still floating around in Canada, but starting to dwindle. Not sure if that helps much! Hope you can find a bottle 🙂

Ooo, TF Jasmine Rouge is definitely a nice Valentine's gift idea! I agree. So romantic and feminine. 

Also, jasmine over roses any time! 😛

@pocketvenus

jasmine > roses TOTALLY!!

Happy Valentine’s everybody❤️❤️❤️ 

For me the perfect Valentine’s fragrance gift would be the new Chanel Gabrielle perfume. It smells amazing and Chanel fragrances are so classy and timeless in my opinion.

We usually don’t do anything special on Valentines- too many people in the restaurants or movie theaters.  I probably cook hubby’s favorite food and then we will watch some movie. And it will be first Valentine with our little one so I will get him big heart shaped baloon😍 

Words of wisdom:  DO NOT get married week after Valentines!!! I made that mistake and now I just get one present for both - I screwed myself for life😂😂

Oh no! My hubs' birthday is actually a few days before Christmas...he's made it clear to me and family that grouping gifts is NEVER allowed. You should set the same rule! 😉

@katkapivarci,

I get you!  I think that it's time that you have a little discussion with your husband about this.  Life is too short to feel shortchanged!  Maybe you could give him a suggestion list to chose from for Valentines and also one for your Birthday.    🙂

Aw, I hope you get two presents this year, @katkapivarci!  Enjoy your first Valentines Day with your baby! 

Awww - I hope hubby surprises you this year, @katkapivarci!  You deserve a Valentine's Day gift AND an Anniversary gift!  ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

For me, V&R Bonbon would be a fun but sultry Valentine's day scent. I love that it's a grown up version of the sugary fragrances that I never wore as a teenager/young adult since most sugary scents are just simply too sickly sweet.

I prefer to cook dinner at home with DH for Valentine's. Rather than paying outrageous prices for a Valentine's dinner where you're basically rushed through for the next seating (unless you book the 9 PM seating), I'd rather go all out on top notch ingredients and cook at home (how about a juicy AAA rib-eye, or duck breast?) and sit back with a nice bottle of wine. I don't remember the last time I was in a restaurant for Valentine's...probably when I was working in one as a student (you bet it was good money!)

Edit: just looked at the calendar...looks like this year I'm going to be at the gym for Valentine's because I have a weekly class on Wednesday! Ha!

1. I have been very much into the Ellis Brooklyn fragrances. I love that they are phthalate free. I treated myself to Sci-Fi during the Rouge sale and have been loving it.

2. Honestly, a night in would be ideal for me. Watching a movie, eating good food, a glass of wine, etc. Oh, and a massage would be nice too. 

@PrettyPaint I agree - A massage sounds amazing, too!  ❤️

Ooh, great questions @KatieBT

For Sephora perfumes, Jo Malone Red Roses is an excellent suggestion for a very classic idea of a romantic perfume for Valentine's Day. But I'd also think of something more pronounced and rich like Tom Ford Cafe Rose or Tuscan Leather. 

Perhaps i have simpler tastes, but I don't think you can beat a spa night for yourself at home, or an outstanding dinner with another. Both should involve an evening by the fireplace 🙂 

Another one for Red Roses!! 

Ohhhh - what a fun thread, @KatieBT!   I love Valentine's Day! ❤️

1. What specific fragrance(s) would you love to receive as a gift (Sephora brands please!)  

I actually just asked my hubby for Carolina Hererra Good Girl for Valentine's Day!  Not only is the bottle adorable, but it smells fantastic, too! ❤️

2. What’s a fun plan for Valentine’s Day with or without a  plus one? Please share suggestions for romantic date tips, a night of self-care, etc. Smiley Happy

I plan to celebrate Valentine's Day four times this year!  I have a lunch date with my besties on the 14th, dinner with my hubby that night, a girl's day with my daughter Saturday and a Post-Valentine's Day dinner party at a friend's house the next weekend.  I'm looking forward to all of it and plan to wear my Fenty Stunna Lip Paint plus red nails to each event! ❤️

Related image

That sounds like a phenomenal itinerary,  @Tamara76!

Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • nomade.PNG
  • 021118babygoat.jpg
  • 021118llamallama.jpg
  • 021118llama.jpg
testing