Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour – Share your must-haves for a chilly vacay! (Week 8)

Anna2BT_0-1656692224976.png

Summer is finally here, Beauty Insider Community! To celebrate one of the most fun times of the year (aka Hot BIC Summer 😉) we’re bringing in an exciting new summer challenge in the form of the first official virtual BIC World Tour! ✈ We know not everyone is able to travel at this time, so let’s go together virtually 💕

Each week we’ll have a new vacation-themed prompt where you’ll get to share your fantasy favorites as we travel to different climates and places across the world! 🌎

Check in time: Each Friday launches a new travel destination and prompt, so check back to this post weekly for more vacay fun:

• (Week 1: 7/1 - 7/7) Your ultimate summer vacay: Close your eyes and picture your dream vacay … now answer this question: if you could only bring 5 beauty products along with you on this trip, what would they be?

• (Week 2: 7/8 - 7/14) Hot BIC Summer: Battling against heat and humidity is no easy task! Talk about your most powerful tools, products, or tips that help you fight against the sun.

• (Week 3: 7/15 - 7/21) Seamless day to night: Sometimes it’s all about versatility. Share with us your favorite products, looks, or hacks to easily go from day to night.

• (Week 4: 7/22 - 7/28) Tropical & beachy: Sun, sand, water, and vibes~ what are you taking with you for a day out on the sand? Bonus points if you want to add a fun beach-inspired look. 😉

• (Week 5: 7/29 - 8/4) G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S night on the town: Show off your glam looks and the products you’ll use to transform yourself for a night out!

• (Week 6: 8/5 - 8/11) BIC outdoor essentials: Camping, hiking, and all-things outdoors! 🌲 What are your essentials you need with you to take on the terrain?

• (Week 7: 8/12 - 8/18) Home is where the scent is: Sometimes we can all use a little piece of what we call home. 🏡💕 What fragrance item (perfume, candle, diffuser, etc.) would you bring that always reminds you of home sweet home?

• (Week 8: 8/19 - 8/26) Cold weather hydration must-haves: Snow, icy winds, and cold temps – it’s not hot everywhere this time of year! Some of those most breathtaking sights take place in the cold! What are you bringing to keep your skin hydrated and feeling healthy?

Reply below to share your looks, products, thoughts, and tips on the vacay prompts for our BIC World Tour! ✈  Remember to tag any products you would be using (if applicable!) with the “#” sign. We look forward to all the fun we’ll have together for the weeks to come!

Re: Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour - Share your tips on how you transform from day to night! (Week 3)

Week 3: Seamless Day to Night

Week 3 Seamless Day to Night.jpg

It has been a good while since I've had to even think about how to go from day to night @Anna2BT, but it happened this past Friday. I had relatives in town and was meeting them for dinner after work.

Supergoop! Mini Glowscreen SPF 40 Sunscreen with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide #protects my skin while giving it a glowy, dewy finish that looks great on its own or under makeup as a primer.

A little of the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Longwear Foundation  goes a long way, both in terms of how much product you need to use and for its lasting power - this stuff stays put! For that particular day to night, I added a little more product to my cheeks after work to take down some redness and even tone.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is a beautiful formula, both for the under eyes and concealing blemishes. The creamy and smooth consistency makes it easy to apply, blend, and build up if needed; a little goes a long way. It covers without feeling heavy, adds a natural finish to the complexion and holds up for a good amount of time.  If I'm reaching for this to go from day to night, I usually just add a smidge of product to any blemishes, under the eyes and around the nose for some extra coverage.

For a quick pop of color, its GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI Original Me Clean High-Performance Matte Lipstick Original Recipe (gratis; thank you @TeamBIC . I'm slowly leaning more into red lips - I love the look of a red lippie on others but am not always so comfortable with them on myself. The GXVE has some good staying power and has looked amazing on everyone I've seen wearing it! 
Spoiler
seamless day to night - gxve.jpg
Shiseido Eyelash Curler Eyelash Curler - when it's really warm and humid, I often set aside the mascara and just curl my lashes to give them a little extra oomph! 

Other Beauty Accessories:

I sometimes like to sweep my hair in a quick, casual updo with hair clip, and in the summertime, this'll also keep my hair from sticking to my face and neck. 

Tatcha Aburatorigami Japanese Blotting Papers because it's summer and my pores really like to produce a lot of oil this time of the year. 😄

A mini sandalwood fan is nice to have on hand for those nights when it's hot and humid. 

Re: Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour - Share your tips on how you transform from day to night! (Week 3)

@itsfi I used to have that fan, it smelled so good!! ❤️

@pocketvenus, I love the scent. ♥️ If I could bottle it, I would. 😉 Having the fan around helps with the summer heat; and the scent adds a little aromatherapy too. Love. 🥰

Great products for your day to night transition @itsfi! You should wear red lips more often. You look gorgeous on them! 😍💄💋

And I am a big fan of the fans 😁! They are a big deal in my country and very useful in Florida heat! 😉

Awww, thank you @Saradestin! 🥰 My collection of red lippies has been steadily growing. 💄 

Oh, I love fans. ♥️ Practical and pretty. I made a note to myself to look into ones from your country. I started carrying a fan around in the warm seasons after my trip to China and Hong Kong many moons ago. I saw all the ladies carrying and using them to stave off some of the heat so I went into the nearest store and picked one up to do so myself. My own little air conditioning. 😉 

I am so jealous of your trip to China and Hong Kong @itsfi ! 😍😍😍😍

@Saradestin, I was happy I was able to go and see and experience all that I did - popular sites as well as parts that don’t really make the list of most tourists, planned and unplanned. There are so many places to visit and you will get to see both of these countries (and the others on your list). What adventures you will have to share!!! ✈️ 🌎 🧳 🗺 

@Anna2BT for this week’s vacay summer challenge, seamless day to night, my tips (or really what I do), is to intensify the look, by adding some eye catching jewelry (because adding a blazer is not an option with this heat and humidity), make my purse or shoes the center of attention, or to add intensity on my eyes or lips (or both), together with some sparkle.

Today’s example of day to night makeup:

On both I used:

I used Anastasia Beverly Hills Sultry Eye Collection Palette Vault , one of my favorite palettes because it has both soft and dark shades. Having a black eyeshadow is a must for me transitioning to night. 

MAKEUP BY MARIO SoftSculpt Transforming Skin Enhancer® Medium 

GUERLAIN Terracotta Light Healthy Glow Bronzer 03 

Nars Claudette Blush Duo.

SEPHORA COLLECTION 12 Hour Contour Pencil Eyeliner 54 Coconut 

GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI Most Def Clean Instant Definition Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil 4 

Lancôme Monsieur Big Waterproof Mascara 01 Waterproof Big is The New Black 

On my day look I also used:

SEPHORA COLLECTION Retractable Rouge Gel Lip Liner 29 dressed to the 90s as lipstick.

I only used matte shadows on my lids and I didn’t add any highlighter because MAKEUP BY MARIO SoftSculpt Transforming Skin Enhancer® Medium provided enough glow.

On my night look:

- I Intensified the eye look adding more dark shadow in the outer V.

- I added black eyeliner SEPHORA COLLECTION Sephora Colorful® Wink-It Felt Tip Liquid Waterproof Eyeliner 

- I added Violet Voss Glitter Topper in Cosmic

- I added an extra layer of mascara with my HG Bite Beauty Upswing Full Volume Mascara 0.4 oz / 12mL 

- I defined my brows a little more with GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI Hella On Point Clean Ultra-Fine Brow Pencil 5 

- I changed the soft lipstick with an intense red: GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI I’m Still Here Longwear Clean Matte Liquid Lipstick Original Recipe 

- I added a glossy highlighter (an old Sephora Pro face gloss) for a glass skin effect.

- Set with Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray 3.3 oz / 100 ml 

It looks like a lot of work but it doesn’t take more than 10 minutes.

81AC776D-EBC2-441D-8D18-5A91AECFE32E.jpeg18EDA424-5E8A-4E00-A8C4-54D33923E18B.jpeg

2AAF2E5B-6189-4B1C-B5EA-66164F804DBD.jpegBD97D9BF-6FBD-48AE-A5A8-2667F13AE99B.jpeg

@Saradestin Great looks and transitions.

Thank you so much @SportyGirly125 ! 🤗

@Anna2BT I rarely go out at night since I am up since 4 am to go to work. On weekends if I were to go out after a day out what I do is set my makeup again use KVD Beauty Tattoo Liner Vegan Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner and a bold dark shade lip and that’s it; more than like like I would use a lip tint like SEPHORA COLLECTION Jelly Melt Glossy Lip Tint 

@Anna2BT Like @Mellmars1185 , I'm late in joining in on the fun! I guess I'll start with Week 1 first and spend some time thinking about the next two weeks. I actually just got back from my trip to LA and posted about all the beauty products I brought with me on this thread How are you spending your Summer Fridays? 

But if I were to only pick 5 they would be:

1. Yves Saint Laurent Le Cushion Encre de Peau Foundation - I'm a bit shy to touch up in public, but having a small portable compact with a mirror helps in a pinch!
  2. Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Water Base SPF 50 - game changer! I go into the details more on the other thread. While at Sephora in LA, I picked up the CAY SKIN Isle Glow Face Moisturizer with SPF 45 and Niacinamide 1.5 oz/ 45 mL 100 point perk which I'm excited to try too.
  3. Sunday Riley U.F.O. Salicylic Acid BHA Treatment Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 
  4. KVD Beauty Shade + Light Crème Contour Palette Refill Chocolate - I know I need a good contour when on vacay. I like that this palette has the full package with the brightening powders and different shades of contour to choose from.
  5. Lancôme L'Absolu Rouge Drama Matte Lipstick in 388 Rose Lancôme. I also reuse my BKR lip balm container to store Vaseline for travel to help with my forever dry lips.

P.S. @greeneyedgirl107 I saw you mentioned bringing Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream in your post. I hadn't thought of that! I always used this hand cream during the winter when my hands are super dry and cracked, but good to know that you like it for the summertime as well!

Here is a pic of me wearing some of the products I discussed above:

IMG_7400.jpg

I’m not really in any sort of a “day to night” lifestyle hahaha, but I guess if I were sprucing up my look from the day, it’d probably just be a lipstick change and a hair change. Things are generally kept pretty casual around here, so if I truly needed a “night look” it’d be planned and I’d get ready for it purposely. 

If I’m wearing something like Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Hydrating Lipstick Pillow Talk during the day, I’d switch to a bold lip for night - my favorite Bite Virgo comes to mind (iykyk… yes I still have it and I still pull it out for special occasions. There has never been and will never be a more perfect lipstick). 

For hair, I go with a sleek pulled back low bun in any situation I need to make my hair look “nice.” So whatever condition my hair was in for the day, boom low bun for the night. 

Refresh the perfume, change the outfit and jewelry, and I’ll see you at the local self serve wine bar (cause I won’t be anywhere else for a night out!) 

Week 2 - Hot BIC summer :

I use Verb Ghost Jumbo Value Set with Ghost Oil™ ghost oil to tame my frizz. I find washing my hair less helps. I also am enjoying Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Blurring Balm Powder 3 as it helps my skin look great and tames my oily skin. I have been using Supergoop! Play! Mineral SPF Stick .67 oz / 18.9 g on my face and use a drug store brand of sunscreen on my body. I also try to drink more water!

Great bring alongs @Mellmars1185 🌞 I love the Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil 2 oz/ 60 mL  it's sooo good! And Supergoop really makes a good sunscreen, my summer go to is Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 

It's sooo good! Very wearable and not unpleasant 🌞 which is what I want in my spf 😁

@CynthieLu Thanks! I enjoy that sunscreen too! That is the one I meant to tag!

I am a little late to the fun. However better late than never?!?

Week 1 - My ultimate summer vacation is at a spa not too far from qhere I live. There are loft suites with fireplaces and hot tubs that back onto forest. The food is amazing and there are lots of services.

If I stayed for a few days in the summer I would bring the following:

Supergoop! Play! Mineral SPF Stick .67 oz / 18.9 g 

caliray Come Hell or High Water Volumizing & Lengthening Tubing Mascara 0.37 oz / 11 mL 

MAKEUP BY MARIO SoftSculpt® Bronzer Light Medium 

Too Faced Hangover Pillow Balm Ultra-Hydrating Lip Balm Banana Kiss 

innisfree Pore Clearing Facial Foam with Volcanic Clusters 

I would use the hotel soaps but the above are my go to items I don't want to go with out!

I haven't done any kind of cinq a sept, day to night transition from the office in a very long time! Honestly, I get up, put on a slinky silk slip and spend all day in it. Though I'm discovering silk slips are very versatile. You can throw a blazer on top and pair with slides for a more office-appropriate look and a shawl, jewelry and heels can take you to dinner. Try a leather jacket if it's a more casual night out.

70376d0533090d8ddf310096dd4b786b8840baed50487ae4c9f6b8da7b89cf18Black-slip-dress-and-camel-blazer-on-fashion-blogger-

2H5A7005webDSC09718f12f2705-67a2-42c0-a8e1-5e00cf5b0a6a-getty-1178436591

As for makeup, darker or more shimmery eye makeup can glam up a look. I'm liking the Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Shadow Rush - I'm using the BIC birthday one for evenings ❤️ A more dramatic lip can also look more glam. Sephora used to make a retractable lip brush that I would load up with whatever colour I wanted and I would paint my lip in at work with it. Saved a lot of space! Especially if you're switching to a little clutch.

I also think you can transition from no scent to a night-time fragrance. Glam night-time fragrances to me include

• Rochas Femme
  • Robert Piguet Bandit
  • Anything Amouage really. I like Myths Woman, Jubilation 25
  • Frederic Malle Superstitious, Le Parfum de Therese, Une Fleur de Cassie
  • Papillon Salome
  • Lutens Fille de Berlin
  • Chanel's Exclusifs, especially Cuir de Russie
  • All of the Kilians are nighttimers to me. Which reminds me, some of us received a couple super rich fragrances in the perfume gratis that read as 100% night fragrances to me: Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Eau de Parfum Gift Set and KILIAN Paris Apple Brandy Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray 

However, if you need a perfume you can wear in the office but will be chic enough to transition into the evening, I would recommend

• A lot of the CdGs, anything from the Monocle or incense series. 2Man is also really great 
  • Frederic Malle French Lover, Noir Epices, though you might be pushing it with NE
  • BVLGARI Eau Parfumée Au Thé Vert 2.5 oz/ 75 mL Eau de Cologne Spray, they used to make a black tea one that was nice but I think it's been discontinued 😞
  • TOM FORD Oud Wood Eau de Parfum Fragrance, use an easy hand with this one!
  • Heretic makes a really good one called Dirty Ginger, not sure about the others like HERETIC Dirty Rose Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray but worth a try
  • A bunch of the Hermes, including some of the jardin series, the hermessences, Galop, HERMÈS Eau des Merveilles 1.6 oz/ 47 mL , okay I'm going to stop before I start listing the whole house.
  • Guerlain Vetiver, a classic, not too heavy for day.
  • A bunch of the Diptyques and Jo Malones will hold you in good steed. 

@Anna2BT I wish I had some day to night tips, but haven't had any experience in that department for years!  The last time I needed a switch up, it was a Friday night and my hair was on the greasy side.  I found a thick headband and nice hair tie to pull my hair back with.  

Week 3- Seamless day to night: Oof... I have nothing here. I'm too old lol. I just wear whatever I'm going to wear, and wash it off when I'm done. I'm either working and then going to straight to sleep, or doing other work like editing so if I leave the house I'm leaving in whatever I had on, no changing. 

513 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos106
  • Anna2BT_0-1656692224976.png
  • a-girl-who-takes-a-vacation-at-the-beach-on-a-bright-day-vector.jpeg
  • EF9BA073-E591-427C-ACEC-30E94A3BC3B8.jpeg
  • 8A0D1596-B0D7-4A02-B7FC-092CA084481F.jpeg
  • E00A4EE8-BBD8-4C71-955D-70517E04A95F.jpeg
  • B30C4BB5-504A-4B59-853B-43C6D39EE292.jpeg
  • EC927CDB-92EB-45D8-8605-68515B7B7B95.jpeg
  • 1A716B69-E025-414D-87A3-C2452652FB5C.jpeg
  • 09A7FA63-A44F-4E9A-8CD2-66CB8C84E68D.jpeg