Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour – Share your must-haves for a chilly vacay! (Week 8)

Anna2BT_0-1656692224976.png

Summer is finally here, Beauty Insider Community! To celebrate one of the most fun times of the year (aka Hot BIC Summer 😉) we’re bringing in an exciting new summer challenge in the form of the first official virtual BIC World Tour! ✈ We know not everyone is able to travel at this time, so let’s go together virtually 💕

Each week we’ll have a new vacation-themed prompt where you’ll get to share your fantasy favorites as we travel to different climates and places across the world! 🌎

Check in time: Each Friday launches a new travel destination and prompt, so check back to this post weekly for more vacay fun:

• (Week 1: 7/1 - 7/7) Your ultimate summer vacay: Close your eyes and picture your dream vacay … now answer this question: if you could only bring 5 beauty products along with you on this trip, what would they be?

• (Week 2: 7/8 - 7/14) Hot BIC Summer: Battling against heat and humidity is no easy task! Talk about your most powerful tools, products, or tips that help you fight against the sun.

• (Week 3: 7/15 - 7/21) Seamless day to night: Sometimes it’s all about versatility. Share with us your favorite products, looks, or hacks to easily go from day to night.

• (Week 4: 7/22 - 7/28) Tropical & beachy: Sun, sand, water, and vibes~ what are you taking with you for a day out on the sand? Bonus points if you want to add a fun beach-inspired look. 😉

• (Week 5: 7/29 - 8/4) G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S night on the town: Show off your glam looks and the products you’ll use to transform yourself for a night out!

• (Week 6: 8/5 - 8/11) BIC outdoor essentials: Camping, hiking, and all-things outdoors! 🌲 What are your essentials you need with you to take on the terrain?

• (Week 7: 8/12 - 8/18) Home is where the scent is: Sometimes we can all use a little piece of what we call home. 🏡💕 What fragrance item (perfume, candle, diffuser, etc.) would you bring that always reminds you of home sweet home?

• (Week 8: 8/19 - 8/26) Cold weather hydration must-haves: Snow, icy winds, and cold temps – it’s not hot everywhere this time of year! Some of those most breathtaking sights take place in the cold! What are you bringing to keep your skin hydrated and feeling healthy?

Reply below to share your looks, products, thoughts, and tips on the vacay prompts for our BIC World Tour! ✈  Remember to tag any products you would be using (if applicable!) with the “#” sign. We look forward to all the fun we’ll have together for the weeks to come!

Re: Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour – Share your must-haves for a chilly vacay! (Week 8)

Week 8: Cold weather hydration must-haves

Week 8 - Cold Weather Vacay Hydration 1.jpg

Hydration Helpers for Cooler Weathered Destinations
Week 8 - Cold Weather Vacay Hydration 2.jpg
Spoiler
Under Eye Care - The individually packaged Sephora Collection Caffeine Under Eye Masks come in handy for travel. The caffeine version helps to add more hydration to an already dry-leaning under eye area and help to give me a bright-eyed look when traveling. These are also useful for some in-flight TLC before landing.

Hydrating Skin Care Routine
✈️Bioderma Micellar Water to break up makeup, sunscreen, followed by an oil based cleanser like 

✈️ Sulwhasoo Mini Gentle Cleansing Oil Makeup Remover 50 mL is silky, lightweight and does a nice job of keeping my skin hydrated and moisturized while removing makeu

✈️ MILK MAKEUP Mini Vegan Milk Cleanser 2 oz/ 59 mL is a great second cleanser; it feels refreshing on the skin. It can also work as a morning cleanser if I feel my face needs a cleanser in the morning. 

✈️ AMOREPACIFIC Treatment Enzyme Peel Cleansing Powder 1.94 oz/ 55 g also makes a nice morning cleanser, and it gently exfoliates skin in the process.

✈️ LANEIGE Cream Skin Mist 2.54 oz/ 75 mL is great for some extra moisture, both as part of my morning or evening skincare routine as well as an in flight pick me up. I started with the toner version pre-pandemic but switched over to the mist when it came out - it's so convenient. I like to carry it with me in my handbag when I'm working off-site (or even on-site; everywhere, really) - while the heating in an office may help to keep me warm, it doesn't always play nice with my skin. As part of my skincare routine, I will either spritz it after cleansing before moving onto the next step or I will spritz a couple of layers of this mist onto my face and press and pat the product into my skin for more hydration a la the 7 skin (or as many as your skin needs) method that was popular years back.

✈️ Biossance Mini Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Firming Oil 0.5 oz / 15 mL does double duty with a vitamin C and oil in one. I love how it hydrates the skin and brightens my complexion.

✈️ Augustinus Bader Mini The Rich Cream with TFC8® Face Moisturizer 0.5 oz/ 15 mL has a huge following for good reason - it really nourishes dry skin.

✈️ I also pack several sheet masks with me, and I do mean several - I like having options. 😆 Technically, sheet masks are not considered a liquid requiring that it/they fit in a TSA compliant bag. But my separate makeup bag full of sheet masks have, on a couple of trips, raised (curious) eyebrows and a few questions from TSA agents. I try not to take too much more than I will use but . . . So far, I've been able to board with all the sheet masks I've packed, and I've also had some good conversations with and made recommendations to the TSA agents about sheet masks or skincare ingredients that might be of interest to them. 😉

Lip Care - can't be without a jar of Laneige lip balm; the fruity mango scent of the new LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Mango  is refreshing

Hair Care: After a day of travel, it's nice to treat my hair to some extra hydration while I sleep, with something like amika Dream Routine Overnight Hydrating Hair Mask 3.3 oz / 100 mL.

Body Care: The Kate McLeod Mini Daily Stone Solid Body Moisturizer 1 oz / 30 g comes in handy for traveling and moisturizing on the go.
In Flight Hydration (not pictured):
Forgot to take a photo of beauty products I use during a flight to keep my skin is as moisturized and nourished as possible - the air on planes wreaks havoc on my skin. Sheet masks can make for a good way to infuse the skin with some hydration in flight. I've only worn a sheet mask on a plane once and haven't done so during any recent fights as I have a non-skincare related mask on. BUT, underneath that covid mask, I will apply one of these products before boarding or before take-off: LANEIGE Cica Sleeping Mask; Origins Mini Drink Up™ Intensive Overnight Hydrating Mask with Avocado & Swiss Glacier Water 1 oz/ 30 mL; GLAMGLOW Mini THIRSTYMUD™ 24-Hour Hydrating Treatment Face Mask 0.5 oz/ 15 mL; Youth To The People Mini Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 0.5 oz/ 15 mLWearing one of these masks for the duration of a flight helps my skin look less haggard after the plane ride - my skin often feels soft, supple and my mug looks like it got a little nourishment when I get off the plane. Farmacy Honey Savior All-in-One Skin Repair Salve 1.6 oz/ 46 g is not a mask but it does a great job of keeping my skin nourished, soft and plumpy when I get off the plane.

And for good measure, this was what I packed for my makeup the most recent cooler-weather destination. 
Week 8 - Cold Weather Vacay Hydration 3.jpg
Spoiler
My lips can get really - SEPHORA COLLECTION #LIPSTORIES Lip Balm Date Prep is a tried-and-true tinted balm - lightly hydrates lips while depositing a slight tint.  HAUS LABS BY LADY GAGA PhD Hybrid Lip Oil Secondary is a more recent find. I love lip oils year round; the thinner consistency on this one helps with keeping my hair from sticking to my lips. 
Ohhh, bummed to see this challenge come to a close; it's been super fun and informative seeing and reading about everyone's vacay products! Thanks again for putting together such an awesome challenge @Anna2BT @TeamBIC 😁

Re: Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour – Share your must-haves for a chilly vacay! (Week 8)

@itsfi Wow, what a fantastic line-up of products you truly have an answer to combat any type of beauty need during the cold winter weather within that wonderful list. Many of these products I have not had a chance to try out yet but there are a couple that are really peaking my interest specifically the Laneige Cica Mask (has been on my loves list for many months), the Laneige Cream Skin Mist and the Biossance Sqaulence + Vit C Rose Firming Oil! ❤️ Thank you for sharing your recommendations. 

@QueenMarceline, thank you! Laneige has been slowly taking over much of my skincare routine. First the lip sleeping mask and the face sleeping mask; then the cream skin toner and the cleansing milk at one point, the Radian-C cream, now the cream skin mist. Who knows what’s next?! Well, maybe I do 😝 - I’ve been eyeing the essence and the serum from the Radian-C line. 🤔 But first things first, gotta work through a few items. So many skincare goodies, just one face. Lol.

@itsfi Excellent assortment of products to keep your skin hydrated and glowing traveling. And an arsenal to look and feel your best or there.  Well packed

I think my next mask purchase should be the LANEIGE Cica Sleeping MaskI have heard good things about it from so many people 💚 

@CynthieLu, thank you! My skin can be so finicky in general but it’s even more so when I travel. For longer trips, I try to take mini’s or samples (either ones I’ve picked up or ones I make from my full sized products) so as to cut down on the amount of things I carry with me. It’s like a security blanket - I have the conveniences of home for skincare in the event my skin acts up. 😂 

The Laneige Cica sleeping mask is so good - calming, soothing and hydrating. 💚

My skin always need a lot of extra hydration in the winter !!! My favorite sleep masks are LANEIGE Cica Sleeping Mask and Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml . Also need an excellent lip balm Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask !

I never used the one by Tatcha or YTTP. Those are very great brands 🙂 Your skin will love you 😍 

(Week 8: 8/19 - 8/26) Cold weather hydration must-haves: Snow, icy winds, and cold temps – it’s not hot everywhere this time of year! Some of those most breathtaking sights take place in the cold! What are you bringing to keep your skin hydrated and feeling healthy?

Love the topic of the week, my skin changes when the seasons come so my winter products look very different compared to my summer products. Some of my must-haves include: 

1) Lip Balm/Lip Mask: I think winter times comes with a bit more need for a heavy duty lip care routine. I love the Agave Lip Mask during that time of the year and a new find of mine has been the Too Faced Pillow Balm lip balm which I find to really rejuvenate lips in a unique, next-level kind of way. This will definitely be on hand this winter, the lovely scents sound even nicer in the winter time especially the Cocoa Kiss that I'm looking to try out soon. 

Bite Beauty Agave+ Intensive Vegan Lip Mask Agave 

Too Faced Hangover Pillow Balm Ultra-Hydrating Lip Balm Original 

2) Face Moisturizer: Another must-have and in the winter time I need to bring on the big guns. Over the years I tend to reach for the fresh Rose Face Cream and the Confidence in a Cream. The fresh one is packed with hyaluronic acid which helps bring an extra layer of moisturize that is so beneficial for my skin during the harsh weather. The Confidence in a Cream has a lovely summer-y scent which can help bring back a nice piece of summer back in the winter months. I like the thickness of the cream and how well it works on my skin. I truly see a difference with these two.

fresh Mini Rose & Hyaluronic Acid Deep Hydration Moisturizer 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream Anti-Aging Hydrating Moisturizer 2.03 oz / 60 mL 

3) Lotion/Body Butter: The easiest category for me the winner is simply the Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Cream and the hand cream version. This also has a beautiful tropical scent but the thickness and overall feel of this cream is just right for me. No waxy, slimy, residue. A must have for all seasons but especially the winter time. 

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Visibly Firming Refillable Body Cream 

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Touch Hand Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

@QueenMarceline Sounds like your skin is going to very well cared for this winter,  great line up! 

@CynthieLu Thanks so much 🙂

Lotion, very hydrating moisturizer, and lip balms for cold weather because my skin always gets so chapped. 

Nice @Cherylb88 defintley use those lotions to stay hydrated. What ones do you love?

Kopari body butter, first aid beauty ultra repair cream, and even the tree hut body butter isn’t bad for a more affordable option. 

Nice 🙂 @Cherylb88  I like the creams by fab allot too 🙂 First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Minis 

Nice

For cold weather I definitely bring a good lip balm like Glow Recipe Glow Lip Pop Lip Balm Watermelon  and the Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer 2.5 oz / 75 ml 

Those lip balms are a life saver in cold dry temps @Anastasiya13 🍉

Tags:

@CynthieLu  They really are, I even have a mini stash of them since of how good they are

Cold Weather Hydration (oh dear, I fear the cold weather...)

First, I am not sure if I have tried this particular version, but hand masks are key for me. My hands get so dry and cracked in the winter. 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Holiday Mango Hand Mask

In cold weather, I tend to use a whole bunch of YTTP products. Here are some of my favs:

Youth To The People Adaptogen Deep Moisturizing Cream with Ashwagandha + Reishi 2 oz/ 60 mL 

Youth To The People Polypeptide-121 Future Firming + Hydrating Moisturizer 2 oz / 60 mL 

I also tend to use heavier eye cream, and I often keep coming back to this one. 

Kiehl's Since 1851 Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado 

@PrettyPaint  YTTP really does make some great products! I've been looking for a good eye cream - I'll have to try out the Kiehl's!

513 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos106
  • Anna2BT_0-1656692224976.png
  • a-girl-who-takes-a-vacation-at-the-beach-on-a-bright-day-vector.jpeg
  • EF9BA073-E591-427C-ACEC-30E94A3BC3B8.jpeg
  • 8A0D1596-B0D7-4A02-B7FC-092CA084481F.jpeg
  • E00A4EE8-BBD8-4C71-955D-70517E04A95F.jpeg
  • B30C4BB5-504A-4B59-853B-43C6D39EE292.jpeg
  • EC927CDB-92EB-45D8-8605-68515B7B7B95.jpeg
  • 1A716B69-E025-414D-87A3-C2452652FB5C.jpeg
  • 09A7FA63-A44F-4E9A-8CD2-66CB8C84E68D.jpeg