Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour – Share your must-haves for a chilly vacay! (Week 8)

Anna2BT_0-1656692224976.png

Summer is finally here, Beauty Insider Community! To celebrate one of the most fun times of the year (aka Hot BIC Summer 😉) we’re bringing in an exciting new summer challenge in the form of the first official virtual BIC World Tour! ✈ We know not everyone is able to travel at this time, so let’s go together virtually 💕

Each week we’ll have a new vacation-themed prompt where you’ll get to share your fantasy favorites as we travel to different climates and places across the world! 🌎

Check in time: Each Friday launches a new travel destination and prompt, so check back to this post weekly for more vacay fun:

• (Week 1: 7/1 - 7/7) Your ultimate summer vacay: Close your eyes and picture your dream vacay … now answer this question: if you could only bring 5 beauty products along with you on this trip, what would they be?

• (Week 2: 7/8 - 7/14) Hot BIC Summer: Battling against heat and humidity is no easy task! Talk about your most powerful tools, products, or tips that help you fight against the sun.

• (Week 3: 7/15 - 7/21) Seamless day to night: Sometimes it’s all about versatility. Share with us your favorite products, looks, or hacks to easily go from day to night.

• (Week 4: 7/22 - 7/28) Tropical & beachy: Sun, sand, water, and vibes~ what are you taking with you for a day out on the sand? Bonus points if you want to add a fun beach-inspired look. 😉

• (Week 5: 7/29 - 8/4) G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S night on the town: Show off your glam looks and the products you’ll use to transform yourself for a night out!

• (Week 6: 8/5 - 8/11) BIC outdoor essentials: Camping, hiking, and all-things outdoors! 🌲 What are your essentials you need with you to take on the terrain?

• (Week 7: 8/12 - 8/18) Home is where the scent is: Sometimes we can all use a little piece of what we call home. 🏡💕 What fragrance item (perfume, candle, diffuser, etc.) would you bring that always reminds you of home sweet home?

• (Week 8: 8/19 - 8/26) Cold weather hydration must-haves: Snow, icy winds, and cold temps – it’s not hot everywhere this time of year! Some of those most breathtaking sights take place in the cold! What are you bringing to keep your skin hydrated and feeling healthy?

Reply below to share your looks, products, thoughts, and tips on the vacay prompts for our BIC World Tour! ✈  Remember to tag any products you would be using (if applicable!) with the “#” sign. We look forward to all the fun we’ll have together for the weeks to come!

Re: Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour – Talk about your favorite products, tips, and essentials for the great outdoors! (Week 6)

No kidding @SportyGirly125. Maybe even some 60’s!

Re: Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour – Talk about your favorite products, tips, and essentials for the great outdoors! (Week 6)

Yes @SportyGirly125 Scents can bring you so many places,  I love the smell of citrus like grapefruit or clementines in the winter,  it just makes me feel so uplifted. And yeeeees pumpkin smells in the fall 😋 I love your fall picks 🤩 pumpkin just makes me feel good and nostalgic. Jasmine and Vanilla and Lilac are good for me any time of year and smell like home to me. 

I'm a big fan of using a drop of essential oil in a carrier oil like jojoba or sweet almond to make my own scents, I have necklaces with little bottles on them to carry the scent with me throughout the day if i don't feel like wearing any or I go somewhere scent free I can take it off easily.

@CynthieLu Thank you!

I agree @SportyGirly125 ! I love different scents at different times of the year. Your picks are all awesome! 

Week 6: BIC Outdoor Essentials 

@Anna2BT, the closest I've come to camping 🏕 the past few years is playing pretend camping with a couple of little ones 😂 and have included dolls, stuffed animals and toys. 

Week 6 - Outdoors 1.jpg

My essentials for other outdoor activities though include sunblock, lip balm, a hair tie, a hat, and lots and lots of water. These were my go-to's this past week for a couple of hikes, and a day at the park:

Week 6 - Outdoors 2.jpg

Dr. Jart+ Every Sun Day™ Mineral Face Sunscreen SPF 50+ 1.69 oz / 50 mL is a physical sunblock that works nicely for both face and body. 

Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm for Hydration & Shine Poppy to keep my lips soft and moisturized while adding a fun summer coral tint to the lips.

Slip Small Slipsilk™ Scrunchies Cheetah, Rose Gold, Maroon helps to secure my hair in a bun or ponytail and away from my face. 

That is pure “glamping” @itsfi ! 😁 I love your essentials! 😍

Hahaha, @Saradestin, I have a feeling "glamping" would be more my speed. 😆 I can do the no makeup bit, but the bugs, ack! I went camping once and had a heck of a time trying to get to sleep because I was so worried about getting bitten. Ugh. Had I known about Repel then, I would have doused myself in it, and that would probaby mean I'd have a tent to myself. 🤣

Sure @itsfi ! 😂🤣😂 And you would keep the surroundings bug-free! 

Outdoor essentials? I think the main thing for me would be sunscreen. I like most products by supergoop. 

Supergoop! Play! Mineral SPF Stick .67 oz / 18.9 g 

I feel like I should be good and put that water is my outdoor essential. However, I'm just going to be honest and say coffee. 

@PrettyPaint, coffee has water in it, right?  

@itsfi  That's how I reassure myself. 🙂 There's no way I would come close to my water intake otherwise. 

Defintley agree with you @PrettyPaint spf is always an essential 😄 

Supergoop is a staple in so many community member’s essentials @PrettyPaint! I could have added Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ to my list because I love it. I haven’t tried Supergoop Play

@Anna2BT these are some of my favorite products and essentials for the great outdoors:

* A hat to protect my head from the sun (any hat will work).

* A towel to sit on the ground and enjoy some rest and the beautiful surroundings. The one @TeamBIC sent my way would go with me for sure (it is already coming to every beach visit since I received it) 

* Water and some energy bars or nuts.

* A good camera to take nice pictures.

* Mosquito and other bugs repellent (a must that should have gone the first on my list 😅)

* LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C 

* Lancôme Monsieur Big Waterproof Mascara 01 Waterproof Big is The New Black just in case I want to look more put together.

* Tons of sunscreen! I specially like to take samples so I don’t add too much weight to the trip/hike, but for the body I always use value jumbo sizes. I am loving:

REN Clean Skincare Clean Screen Mineral SPF 30 1.69 oz/ 50 mL because it is a matte sunscreen and it stays in place in hot humid conditions.

Fenty Skin Hydra Vizor Invisible Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 1.7 oz/ 50 mL because it looks amazing on the skin and has great ingredients.

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sunscreen SPF 50 because it has high SPF levels, has great ingredients and smells so good! 

Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 50 Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL because my skin loves it.

Lancôme UV Expert Aquagel Defense Sunscreen, Primer & Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 50 because it has great protection and works both as moisturizer and primer.

* At the end of the day and after a good shower, I would pamper my skin with Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Visibly Firming Refillable Body Cream to close the perfect day enjoying nature!

FF7939C4-E861-4820-80E3-832681E41C39.jpeg

@Saradestin, these will keep you covered and protected from head-to-toe. I think that big ol' can of "Repel" says it all - a necessity to keep those bugs away. 

😅 Of course @itsfi! I need to keep those 🐜🐝🦟🦗🕷away!! 😁 With this Repel all over, some humans will also run away from me 🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️

Ohhh, it does double duty @Saradestin?! 😂🤣😂 

@Saradestin Great outdoor essentials

Thank you @SportyGirly125 !!

This is so great @Saradestin  Love sample sizes for adventure purposes 😉 I hope you can go explore the great outdoors soon ❤

Thank you @CynthieLu ! Yes, I love the mountains and hiking and need to find the occasion to enjoy them, hopefully soon!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos106
  • Anna2BT_0-1656692224976.png
  • a-girl-who-takes-a-vacation-at-the-beach-on-a-bright-day-vector.jpeg
  • EF9BA073-E591-427C-ACEC-30E94A3BC3B8.jpeg
  • 8A0D1596-B0D7-4A02-B7FC-092CA084481F.jpeg
  • E00A4EE8-BBD8-4C71-955D-70517E04A95F.jpeg
  • B30C4BB5-504A-4B59-853B-43C6D39EE292.jpeg
  • EC927CDB-92EB-45D8-8605-68515B7B7B95.jpeg
  • 1A716B69-E025-414D-87A3-C2452652FB5C.jpeg
  • 09A7FA63-A44F-4E9A-8CD2-66CB8C84E68D.jpeg