Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour – Share your must-haves for a chilly vacay! (Week 8)

Anna2BT_0-1656692224976.png

Summer is finally here, Beauty Insider Community! To celebrate one of the most fun times of the year (aka Hot BIC Summer 😉) we’re bringing in an exciting new summer challenge in the form of the first official virtual BIC World Tour! ✈ We know not everyone is able to travel at this time, so let’s go together virtually 💕

Each week we’ll have a new vacation-themed prompt where you’ll get to share your fantasy favorites as we travel to different climates and places across the world! 🌎

Check in time: Each Friday launches a new travel destination and prompt, so check back to this post weekly for more vacay fun:

• (Week 1: 7/1 - 7/7) Your ultimate summer vacay: Close your eyes and picture your dream vacay … now answer this question: if you could only bring 5 beauty products along with you on this trip, what would they be?

• (Week 2: 7/8 - 7/14) Hot BIC Summer: Battling against heat and humidity is no easy task! Talk about your most powerful tools, products, or tips that help you fight against the sun.

• (Week 3: 7/15 - 7/21) Seamless day to night: Sometimes it’s all about versatility. Share with us your favorite products, looks, or hacks to easily go from day to night.

• (Week 4: 7/22 - 7/28) Tropical & beachy: Sun, sand, water, and vibes~ what are you taking with you for a day out on the sand? Bonus points if you want to add a fun beach-inspired look. 😉

• (Week 5: 7/29 - 8/4) G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S night on the town: Show off your glam looks and the products you’ll use to transform yourself for a night out!

• (Week 6: 8/5 - 8/11) BIC outdoor essentials: Camping, hiking, and all-things outdoors! 🌲 What are your essentials you need with you to take on the terrain?

• (Week 7: 8/12 - 8/18) Home is where the scent is: Sometimes we can all use a little piece of what we call home. 🏡💕 What fragrance item (perfume, candle, diffuser, etc.) would you bring that always reminds you of home sweet home?

• (Week 8: 8/19 - 8/26) Cold weather hydration must-haves: Snow, icy winds, and cold temps – it’s not hot everywhere this time of year! Some of those most breathtaking sights take place in the cold! What are you bringing to keep your skin hydrated and feeling healthy?

Reply below to share your looks, products, thoughts, and tips on the vacay prompts for our BIC World Tour! ✈  Remember to tag any products you would be using (if applicable!) with the “#” sign. We look forward to all the fun we’ll have together for the weeks to come!

Re: Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour – Share your must-haves for a chilly vacay! (Week 8)

Love your choices here @PrettyPaint  YTTP is a great line.  Everything I've tried by them has been wonderful. You are so right to include hand care. Winter is really brutal on hands too ❄️ 

Re: Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour – Share your must-haves for a chilly vacay! (Week 8)

❄️Cold weather hydration must-haves 

My skin is always super dry, pretty much all year round. Although, I do tend to reach more for the thicker creams and oils when winter rolls around. Some of my favorites are:

Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Skin Barrier Moisturizer  and Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Facial Barrier Mask Ceramidin™ Facial Mask 

Herbivore Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Youth To The People Mini Adaptogen Deep Moisture Cream with Ashwagandha + Reishi 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml 

Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

A new favorite I just discovered and have really been loving, is the Good Light Order of the Eclipse Hyaluronic Cream. I will definitely be repurchasing this one!

Yes @Shosh85 these look hydramazing 🤩 I'm all in for ceramides and of course the Dr Jart. Great products you have there,  your skin is all ready for that cold weather!

@CynthieLu  Yes! I love ceramides, especially in the colder months!

💙 Cold weather hydration must-haves: What are you bringing to keep your skin hydrated and feeling healthy?

I have dry skin and I can get exzema and rosacea very easily due to extreme cold and dry temperatures. I live in a cold climate so moisturizing and hydrating products are very important.

(As important as the products you choose are, so is how you use them.  For example, applying products to damp skin helps trap in the moisture. Also not using to hot a temperature when you wash can prevent your skin or hair from drying out etc..)

My favorite hair products for moisture are;

K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  (this isn't really a moisturizer but this product makes my hair feel so healthy and balanced, I would follow up with a conditioner in the dry months)

Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind™ Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask 8.0 oz/ 240 mL  is so hydrating, I love love love it. 💚

And follow with Olaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother 3.3 oz/ 100 mL 

And  than oil to seal in the moisture, like the

Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil 2 oz/ 60 mL or Olaplex No. 7 Bonding Oil 

For my Body, I use the green Cerave Hydrating Cleanser. It's gentle and non stripping and I don't get dry patches in the winter when I use this. Very solid product.

My body lotion in the winter is the Cerave Moisturizing cream in the blue tub.  I use this after lightly patting my skin dry and still a bit damp,  again to trap in the moisture.

I add a few drops of

The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL in the winter to my body lotions or face creams to help trap in the hydration to my skin.  You can apply the oil separately after moisturizing I just like the combine the steps 😋

For my face the Glow Recipe Blueberry Bounce Gentle Cleanser 5.41 oz/ 160 mL  or the TULA Skincare Mini The Cult Classic Purifying Face Cleanser 1.69 oz/ 50 mL are gentle enough for year round face washing 

I like to add a ceramide treatment after washing , like Elisabeth Ardens Superstart. My skin loves the ceramides, especially in the winter.  

My favorite dryness busting facial moisturizers are

Glow Recipe Plum Plump Refillable Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer 

TULA Skincare 24-7 Moisture Hydrating Day & Night Cream 

Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream 1 oz / 28 g 

And you know,  trying to drink lots of water, keeping skin hydrated from the inside out 💙

@CynthieLu  These are great ones! I love using the Rose Hip Seed Oil too!

I've really been wanting to try the Plum Plump moisturizer! Good to know you enjoy it 😃 

I love my glow recipie @Shosh85 The shine you get from the Glow Recipe Plum Plump Refillable Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer  is like another level from the Dew Drops. I'm sad I missed it when it was on the Rewards Bazaar 😭 I was too late lol.  I have one jar, I use it for days when I'm looking to glow, not my night time choice but a go out and shine choice 💖

If it’s cold and dry I’m looking for extra moisture from head to toe! I live in a hot and humid climate year round, but my parents live in the Midwest and when I visit in the winter I can definitely feel the difference. 

Hair - Lots of people talk about how humidity makes your hair frizzy but no one mentions how cold, dry air makes your hair staticky! I love the Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair line, especially the Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Strength + Moisture Leave-In Spray Hair Mask 4 oz/ 118 mL for manageable stands. 

Skin - Upping the hydration level of my skincare and makeup keeps my face from feeling dry and tight. I’m obsessed with belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb to make my skin feel hydrated and happy. I also generally reach for fuller coverage foundations with a dewier finish, my fave is Dior Dior Forever Skin Glow Hydrating Foundation

Body - Year round I wear SDJ and L’Occitaine for my hands and body, winter is no exception! L'Occitane Nourishing and Protective Shea Butter Hand Cream Shea Butter has been the only hand cream I wear for years. To maintain my summer glow, I mix in a little Isle of Paradise Self Tanning Natural Glow Face Drops Medium with my SDJ and it’s perfect. 

Fragrance - I prefer richer, warmer, or more gourmand scents for colder months vs. lighter and citrusy ones in the warmer ones. Both Black Opium and Libre from YSL are a couple I really enjoy, and if I’m looking for a stronger floral my go to is Jo Malone London English Pear & Freesia Cologne . Philosophy Amazing Grace Warm Cashmere is really nice too, I get that one from Ulta! 

Oh yes @alexasteph winter static is so annoying.  The dryness really can effect everything. I love the Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 32 oz/ 946 mL  it is amazing.  The Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind™ Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask 8.0 oz/ 240 mL is my ultimate favorite for combating winter dryness. 

My holy grail products for cold weather climates. I try to keep it simple and clean. I’m pretty lazy and like my sleep.

Start with a double cleanse. Use rosehip oil (or olive oil) massage it into your skin. Don’t wash it off. Get in the shower, wash your face last, let the steam open your pores and the oil soak up all that makeup and dirt. Wash with Beste 9. Do this at night - don’t wash your face in the morning.  

Drunk Elephant Beste™ No. 9 Jelly Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL 

After cleansing, use a cotton ball or round to tone your face with Clarifying Lotion - this is a gentle exfoliation to slough off those pesky dry patches.

In the morning, splash your face with cold water and use the Clarifying Lotion to tone your skin - over washing can make your skin more dry, so you don’t really need to wash your face in the AM if you’ve already done it the night before.

CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion 2 

Use rosehip oil as a serum. Put some drops under each eye, drop a bit on your cheeks forehead and chin - you will like use too little or too much the first time you do this, you’ll figure out which works for you. Massage it all in

The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL 

While the oil is still sticky, use the Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum. Put it under your eyes, they tell you not to, ignore them.

The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

The sun milk has always been a little difficult for me to massage into my skin, which is why I like using the oil as a base under the sunscreen. Pump some on the back of your hand, dot it around your face and neck. Massage upwards.

Josie Maran Mini Get Even Sun Milk SPF 33 0.5 oz / 15 mL 

Use a pump of the Supergoop. The oil and hyaluronic acid have prepped the skin around your eye to layer this on. It is great as a primer or alone.

Supergoop! 100% Mineral Bright-Eyed Eye Cream SPF 40 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

Apply Skin Tint. I use the same dot method with this as I do with the sun milk. It’s less messy and I don’t use more than I need. I also apply this with my fingers

ILIA Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40 Foundation Rendezvous ST1 (not that color, but you get the gist)

For a night cream I like to use rosehip oil around my eyes and Drunk Elephant’s LaLa moisturizer.

Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

@minusmymakeup  The Rose Hip Seed Oil and the DE Lala Moisturizer are some of my favorites as well! Great list of products!

Oh my god. I love rose hip oil. It’s great for so much and it’s inexpensive. I use it for everything. 

Yes @minusmymakeup spf is important all year round 🌞 💛 

I love that La La cream. Everything else is fairly inexpensive, but it is worth the splurge. 

Thank you re: the bic handle ☺️

Re: Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour – Talk about your favorite fragrance products that remind you of home! (Week 7)

• (Week 8: 8/19 - 8/26) Cold weather hydration must-haves: Snow, icy winds, and cold temps – it’s not hot everywhere this time of year! Some of those most breathtaking sights take place in the cold! What are you bringing to keep your skin hydrated and feeling healthy?

Caudalie Vinosource-Hydra SOS Intense Hydration Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL 

The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Caudalie Vinosculpt Lift & Firm Body Cream 8.4 oz/ 250 mL 

Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream 

L'Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream 5.3 oz/ 150 mL 

Kiehl's Since 1851 Creme de Corps Nourishing Dry Body Oil 

Glow Recipe Plum Plump™ Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum 

SK-II Anti-Aging Facial Treatment Essence  

Sweet Chef Vitmain C Serum
The Creme Shop sheet masks

Re: Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour – Talk about your favorite fragrance products that remind you of home! (Week 7)

@SportyGirly125  this is a hydrating looking list 🙂 your going to beat the winter dryness for sure 🤩

@CynthieLu @Thank you. They are my go tos for my dry combo skin. 

@eshoe @I have been using it since it came out and love it just as much as the Fresh Rose face cream 

I haven’t tried the Fresh Rose cream yet, @SportyGirly125, but I’ve come to the conclusion that I enjoy pretty much all of their products, so it would be worth a try.

513 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos106
  • Anna2BT_0-1656692224976.png
  • a-girl-who-takes-a-vacation-at-the-beach-on-a-bright-day-vector.jpeg
  • EF9BA073-E591-427C-ACEC-30E94A3BC3B8.jpeg
  • 8A0D1596-B0D7-4A02-B7FC-092CA084481F.jpeg
  • E00A4EE8-BBD8-4C71-955D-70517E04A95F.jpeg
  • B30C4BB5-504A-4B59-853B-43C6D39EE292.jpeg
  • EC927CDB-92EB-45D8-8605-68515B7B7B95.jpeg
  • 1A716B69-E025-414D-87A3-C2452652FB5C.jpeg
  • 09A7FA63-A44F-4E9A-8CD2-66CB8C84E68D.jpeg