Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour – Share your must-haves for a chilly vacay! (Week 8)

Anna2BT_0-1656692224976.png

Summer is finally here, Beauty Insider Community! To celebrate one of the most fun times of the year (aka Hot BIC Summer 😉) we’re bringing in an exciting new summer challenge in the form of the first official virtual BIC World Tour! ✈ We know not everyone is able to travel at this time, so let’s go together virtually 💕

Each week we’ll have a new vacation-themed prompt where you’ll get to share your fantasy favorites as we travel to different climates and places across the world! 🌎

Check in time: Each Friday launches a new travel destination and prompt, so check back to this post weekly for more vacay fun:

• (Week 1: 7/1 - 7/7) Your ultimate summer vacay: Close your eyes and picture your dream vacay … now answer this question: if you could only bring 5 beauty products along with you on this trip, what would they be?

• (Week 2: 7/8 - 7/14) Hot BIC Summer: Battling against heat and humidity is no easy task! Talk about your most powerful tools, products, or tips that help you fight against the sun.

• (Week 3: 7/15 - 7/21) Seamless day to night: Sometimes it’s all about versatility. Share with us your favorite products, looks, or hacks to easily go from day to night.

• (Week 4: 7/22 - 7/28) Tropical & beachy: Sun, sand, water, and vibes~ what are you taking with you for a day out on the sand? Bonus points if you want to add a fun beach-inspired look. 😉

• (Week 5: 7/29 - 8/4) G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S night on the town: Show off your glam looks and the products you’ll use to transform yourself for a night out!

• (Week 6: 8/5 - 8/11) BIC outdoor essentials: Camping, hiking, and all-things outdoors! 🌲 What are your essentials you need with you to take on the terrain?

• (Week 7: 8/12 - 8/18) Home is where the scent is: Sometimes we can all use a little piece of what we call home. 🏡💕 What fragrance item (perfume, candle, diffuser, etc.) would you bring that always reminds you of home sweet home?

• (Week 8: 8/19 - 8/26) Cold weather hydration must-haves: Snow, icy winds, and cold temps – it’s not hot everywhere this time of year! Some of those most breathtaking sights take place in the cold! What are you bringing to keep your skin hydrated and feeling healthy?

Reply below to share your looks, products, thoughts, and tips on the vacay prompts for our BIC World Tour! ✈  Remember to tag any products you would be using (if applicable!) with the “#” sign. We look forward to all the fun we’ll have together for the weeks to come!

Re: Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour – Talk about your favorite products, tips, and essentials for the great outdoors! (Week 6)

@heartsmyface, that daisy garland looks so sweet and pretty! 

Ahhhh cold compress packs. Good call, hearts. But let's talk about Twinkies? I can't remember the last time I had one, but now I want to go look for them. 😋 On the "to do" list for the week. 

Re: Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour – Talk about your favorite products, tips, and essentials for the great outdoors! (Week 6)

@itsfi  The funny thing is, I didn’t even have one, so same!!  

This looks like such fun, @heartsmyface! I hope your hand is ok, though.

@curlychiquita it was an insane amount of fun!! My hand is almost completely healed now. Just fading the scar with some Mederma and retinol.  Horrible accident with a ceramic knife. I passed out and everything.  😣 

@heartsmyface oh no!  I'm glad you're healing up now! ❤️

@heartsmyface @Yes 👏 Love that you included these pics. 

AD178348-E4FD-410E-9EA7-D4C7C5356CD6.jpegPretty much all I need for my summer outdoor lifestyle Shiseido Clear Sunscreen Stick SPF 50 0.7 oz / 20 g 

This picture is so summery and refreshing @jaxprat ! I love it!!

What a great photo @jaxprat! I'll take one of each, please. 😁 That Shiseido stick is great for reapplication and that drink looks refreshing and delicious! 

@jaxprat Wow that drink looks fantastic ❤️

@jaxprat Great essentials!!!

@jaxprat  Ahhh but what’s in that glass?  Is it danger iced tea or the refreshing kind?  😆

St Lucian Rum Punch!

@Anna2BT Well for me: bug repellent; sunscreen; water or some form of hydration; allergy relief; snacks.

Those are must haves for sure @idanyd ! 

@idanyd, a huge yes to bug repellent and things for allergies. Mine started acting up yesterday after I came back in from a day outdoors. I sometimes forget that my allergies are no longer just limited to the springtime.

@idanyd Good advice! We went on a hike yesterday at an Inn we stay at sometimes and forgot to put on bug spray. Needless to say after about 5 min in the bush my bottom got 7 bites! Lol 😆. Luckily the concierge let us borrow some bugs spray before we went back and found a less dense path 😄

(Week 6: 8/5 - 8/11) BIC outdoor essentials: Camping, hiking, and all-things outdoors! 🌲 What are your essentials you need with you to take on the terrain?

What a great question! 🙂 I think some of the products that are essentials for a hike/outdoor day are:

COOLA Classic Body Organic Sunscreen Spray SPF 70 Peach Blossom 6.0 oz/ 177 mL - A must have for sun safety! ☀️

Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA+++ 2 oz/ 59 mL - the perfect sunscreen for the face, can even be worn under makeup/used as a wonderful primer. Cannot recommend this one enough 🙂

VICHY Mineralizing Thermal Water Spray - This product instantly came to mind, how refreshing would this feel as a wonderful mist on the face during a hot summer day? This product is super neutral, fragrance free and wonderful as a pick me up for the skin. 

Jack Black Moisture Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 Grapefruit - My lips aren't fond of prolonged sun time, this is a great lip balm for that purpose 🙂

Touchland Glow Mist Revitalizing Hand Sanitizer Rosewater - I know the first thing I want to do after really getting outdoorsy outside is to wash my hands but sometimes (especially while camping or hiking) this isn't readily available. Love this hand sanitizer as a great on-the-go add on! 

Too Faced Mini Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara Mini Size Black - 0.17 oz/ 5 mL - Personally, when I know I'm going to be in the hot sun the last thing I want to do is a full face of makeup. However, throwing on some waterproof mascara is the perfect touch to add a little "pick me up".

Great list @QueenMarceline ! You are ready for the outdoors!

@Saradestin Thanks so much 🙂

I love that Jack Black lip balm, too, @QueenMarceline!

Conversation Stats
Photos106
  • Anna2BT_0-1656692224976.png
  • a-girl-who-takes-a-vacation-at-the-beach-on-a-bright-day-vector.jpeg
  • EF9BA073-E591-427C-ACEC-30E94A3BC3B8.jpeg
  • 8A0D1596-B0D7-4A02-B7FC-092CA084481F.jpeg
  • E00A4EE8-BBD8-4C71-955D-70517E04A95F.jpeg
  • B30C4BB5-504A-4B59-853B-43C6D39EE292.jpeg
  • EC927CDB-92EB-45D8-8605-68515B7B7B95.jpeg
  • 1A716B69-E025-414D-87A3-C2452652FB5C.jpeg
  • 09A7FA63-A44F-4E9A-8CD2-66CB8C84E68D.jpeg
  • CE4C10D8-F5A2-4C80-A857-EEF124B27AFB.jpeg