Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour – Share your must-haves for a chilly vacay! (Week 8)

Anna2BT_0-1656692224976.png

Summer is finally here, Beauty Insider Community! To celebrate one of the most fun times of the year (aka Hot BIC Summer 😉) we’re bringing in an exciting new summer challenge in the form of the first official virtual BIC World Tour! ✈ We know not everyone is able to travel at this time, so let’s go together virtually 💕

Each week we’ll have a new vacation-themed prompt where you’ll get to share your fantasy favorites as we travel to different climates and places across the world! 🌎

Check in time: Each Friday launches a new travel destination and prompt, so check back to this post weekly for more vacay fun:

• (Week 1: 7/1 - 7/7) Your ultimate summer vacay: Close your eyes and picture your dream vacay … now answer this question: if you could only bring 5 beauty products along with you on this trip, what would they be?

• (Week 2: 7/8 - 7/14) Hot BIC Summer: Battling against heat and humidity is no easy task! Talk about your most powerful tools, products, or tips that help you fight against the sun.

• (Week 3: 7/15 - 7/21) Seamless day to night: Sometimes it’s all about versatility. Share with us your favorite products, looks, or hacks to easily go from day to night.

• (Week 4: 7/22 - 7/28) Tropical & beachy: Sun, sand, water, and vibes~ what are you taking with you for a day out on the sand? Bonus points if you want to add a fun beach-inspired look. 😉

• (Week 5: 7/29 - 8/4) G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S night on the town: Show off your glam looks and the products you’ll use to transform yourself for a night out!

• (Week 6: 8/5 - 8/11) BIC outdoor essentials: Camping, hiking, and all-things outdoors! 🌲 What are your essentials you need with you to take on the terrain?

• (Week 7: 8/12 - 8/18) Home is where the scent is: Sometimes we can all use a little piece of what we call home. 🏡💕 What fragrance item (perfume, candle, diffuser, etc.) would you bring that always reminds you of home sweet home?

• (Week 8: 8/19 - 8/26) Cold weather hydration must-haves: Snow, icy winds, and cold temps – it’s not hot everywhere this time of year! Some of those most breathtaking sights take place in the cold! What are you bringing to keep your skin hydrated and feeling healthy?

Reply below to share your looks, products, thoughts, and tips on the vacay prompts for our BIC World Tour! ✈  Remember to tag any products you would be using (if applicable!) with the “#” sign. We look forward to all the fun we’ll have together for the weeks to come!

Re: Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour - Share your tips and tricks for the summer heat! (Week 2)

(Week 2: 7/8 - 7/14) Hot BIC Summer: Battling against heat and humidity is no easy task! Talk about your most powerful tools, products, or tips that help you fight against the sun.

I don't have any tips for heat, but for humidity I like to use Living Proof No Frizz Humidity Shield just before leaving the house.

Re: Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour - Share your tips and tricks for the summer heat! (Week 2)

@Anna2BT @TeamBIC 

• (Week 2: 7/8 - 7/14) Hot BIC Summer: Battling against heat and humidity is no easy task! Talk about your most powerful tools, products, or tips that help you fight against the sun.

• Waterproof eye brow pencil!
  • Waterproof/ Regular mascara!
  • Hair Heat protection!
  • Body Sunscreen!
  • A good set of hair scrunchies!
  • Sunglases! 😎

The INKEY List Fulvic Acid Brightening Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL 

to keep your face nice and bright!

Wishful Mini Yo Glow AHA & BHA Facial Enzyme Scrub 1.35 oz/ 40 mL 

helps dig deep into removing consistent sunscreen use and makeup buildup!

LANEIGE Hydro UV Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ 1.6 oz/ 50 mL 

My #1 go to for face and neck protection. It glides over your skin like silk and it does not leave any white cast!!!

Re: Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour!

@Anna2BT 

(Week 2: 7/8 - 7/14) Hot BIC Summer: Battling against heat and humidity is no easy task! Talk about your most powerful tools, products, or tips that help you fight against the sun.

I love to use 2 different primers for my face since I have dry combo skin. MAC skin refine zone in my tzone and the MAC blot powder prevents my skin looking greasy. To lock

in my makeup from heat/sweat I finish with Morphe setting spray. I have tested this in Summer heat while pregnant with a broken AC unit at work in 90 plus degree weather. My makeup was in tact.  

Having a face mist if needed to freshen up my look. Putting it in a fridge and spritzing it feels so good in the Summer or any time of the year really. Caudalie Beauty Elixir Face Mist 

For my hair I like using a heat protectant spray like ALTERNA Haircare CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Restructuring Bond Repair Leave-In Heat Protection Spray 4.2 oz/ 125 mL if I need to flat iron my bangs or tame crazy hair. Otherwise I just let my hair air dry on its own or create heatless waves by braiding or twisting my hair in sections.  Sometimes I will add Bumble and bumble Texturizing Surf Wave Spray 4 oz/ 125 mL for extra beachy texture.  Another item that helps with my hair is John Frieda frizz ease extra strength. My hair hates humidity and this tames the frizzes for me. I have been using it since high school. 

Lastly, sunscreen on my face and body and a hat and sunnies. I love the Kopari body glow sunscreen and LANEIGE Hydro UV Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

Using targeted primers is a great idea, @SportyGirly125 🙌🏼

@eshoe @Thank you. 

With those products you are more than ready to beat the heat and sun @SportyGirly125 !! 👍

@Saradestin Thank you!

Week 2- Talk about your most powerful tools, products, or tips that help you fight against the sun.   There's no fighting it for me! Just pure embrace! If I could belly up on a rock like a lizard in the triple degree heat all day I would! Beyond that I love floating on the Colorado River whenever I'm lucky enough to be in Arizona, and big ole sunglasses...and my beanie. The occasional spritzes on my face of both Evian Mineral Water Spray and Herbivore Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Mist 4.0 oz/ 120 mL and I am good to go...ok and some lip balm. That's it. 

Samtian_0-1657290762258.jpeg

Like this but on my back. 

@Samtian that's the perfect lizard picture, I can totally picture soaking up the summer rays 🌞 That's an amazing quality to have because I would just melt immediately 😂 But I do love floating down a river on a hot summer day! Your combo of hydrating mists and some lip balm sounds divine 😍

@Anna2BT Thank you! I live live live for the heat.

Wow, @Samtian.…I am envious. Enjoying the heat like you do is a wonderful quality! 

@eshoe If only my body could tolerate it at work haha, but I really should take better care of my body and stay hydrated. 

Pretty sure there was a point In my life where I drank nothing but Diet Coke @Samtian. Staying hydrated is not an easy task, I can relate.

@Samtian so fun!! 🦎😂

@Skunk12puzzola 😄 thank you!!

Hahaha @Samtian! ouch with the triple degree temps. Ack! Don’t forget the bag of sunscreen I’m prepping for you. You’ll have that to take with you too! 😉 

@itsfi Lol yes I will!

@Samtian So funny!! I love it! 😂

@Saradestin It's true lol.

Conversation Stats
Photos106
  • Anna2BT_0-1656692224976.png
  • a-girl-who-takes-a-vacation-at-the-beach-on-a-bright-day-vector.jpeg
  • EF9BA073-E591-427C-ACEC-30E94A3BC3B8.jpeg
  • 8A0D1596-B0D7-4A02-B7FC-092CA084481F.jpeg
  • E00A4EE8-BBD8-4C71-955D-70517E04A95F.jpeg
  • B30C4BB5-504A-4B59-853B-43C6D39EE292.jpeg
  • EC927CDB-92EB-45D8-8605-68515B7B7B95.jpeg
  • 1A716B69-E025-414D-87A3-C2452652FB5C.jpeg
  • 09A7FA63-A44F-4E9A-8CD2-66CB8C84E68D.jpeg