Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour โ€“ Share your must-haves for a chilly vacay! (Week 8)

Anna2BT_0-1656692224976.png

Summer is finally here, Beauty Insider Community! To celebrate one of the most fun times of the year (aka Hot BIC Summer ๐Ÿ˜‰) weโ€™re bringing in an exciting new summer challenge in the form of the first official virtual BIC World Tour! โœˆ We know not everyone is able to travel at this time, so letโ€™s go together virtually ๐Ÿ’•

Each week weโ€™ll have a new vacation-themed prompt where youโ€™ll get to share your fantasy favorites as we travel to different climates and places across the world! ๐ŸŒŽ

Check in time: Each Friday launches a new travel destination and prompt, so check back to this post weekly for more vacay fun:

• (Week 1: 7/1 - 7/7) Your ultimate summer vacay: Close your eyes and picture your dream vacay โ€ฆ now answer this question: if you could only bring 5 beauty products along with you on this trip, what would they be?

• (Week 2: 7/8 - 7/14) Hot BIC Summer: Battling against heat and humidity is no easy task! Talk about your most powerful tools, products, or tips that help you fight against the sun.

• (Week 3: 7/15 - 7/21) Seamless day to night: Sometimes itโ€™s all about versatility. Share with us your favorite products, looks, or hacks to easily go from day to night.

• (Week 4: 7/22 - 7/28) Tropical & beachy: Sun, sand, water, and vibes~ what are you taking with you for a day out on the sand? Bonus points if you want to add a fun beach-inspired look. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• (Week 5: 7/29 - 8/4) G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S โœจ night on the town: Show off your glam looks and the products youโ€™ll use to transform yourself for a night out!

• (Week 6: 8/5 - 8/11) BIC outdoor essentials: Camping, hiking, and all-things outdoors! ๐ŸŒฒ What are your essentials you need with you to take on the terrain?

• (Week 7: 8/12 - 8/18) Home is where the scent is: Sometimes we can all use a little piece of what we call home. ๐Ÿก๐Ÿ’• What fragrance item (perfume, candle, diffuser, etc.) would you bring that always reminds you of home sweet home?

• (Week 8: 8/19 - 8/26) Cold weather hydration must-haves: Snow, icy winds, and cold temps โ€“ itโ€™s not hot everywhere this time of year! Some of those most breathtaking sights take place in the cold! What are you bringing to keep your skin hydrated and feeling healthy?

Reply below to share your looks, products, thoughts, and tips on the vacay prompts for our BIC World Tour! โœˆ  Remember to tag any products you would be using (if applicable!) with the โ€œ#โ€ sign. We look forward to all the fun weโ€™ll have together for the weeks to come!

Re: Vacay Summer Challenge: BIC World Tour!

@Saradestin wow, those places are magical โœจ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’• look at those colors!!

Yes @Skunk12puzzola ! I need to go and see the myself! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

@Saradestin  I consider antiperspirant/deodorant a personal hygiene product, not a beauty product. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Just like toothpaste. Neither of those count toward my 5-item limit. 

India would be very interesting! There are various places in that country I'd like to see in person, and most are in Jaipur. In fact, the Hawa Mahal is what first got me interested in visiting India. Well, in addition to learning about the country's history. I hope you get to see the Taj Mahal someday! 

I sure will @WinglessOne ! And I will see so much more! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Wow!!! This is so much fun!!! I love this challenge @Anna2BT!!!! Looking forward to all the pictures and favorite products from the BICers!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

@Saradestin yesss same here! These pictures and dream vacays are bringing me life ๐Ÿ’– 

Only five??? Oh dear. I'm going to assume makeup only because five including skincare is way too restrictive!

@pocketvenus, what? The YSL volupte shine balms are discontinued? ๐Ÿ˜ข 

@itsfi I saw Sephora had them on sale awhile back and just went on the YSL site looking for them and couldn't find them ๐Ÿ˜ž

Not sure if I got the name right, the ones that look like this

YSL-Volupte-Liquid-Colour-Balms-Review

@pocketvenus @itsfi news from italian perfumeries and sephora shops: yes, these ones are discontinued. I asked about them a while ago because I like them (as well as my beloved tint in oil formula).....they told me they are discontinued, sadly.

@Skunk12puzzola Thank you for the update. That is a shame, the packaging with the little lips window is so cute too!

@pocketvenus, I love (or do I have to say loved now? ๐Ÿ˜ž) those YSL lippies!! โ™ฅ๏ธ The feel on those were great and the colors too. Their silver packaging is always a fave for me as well. Ohhh goodness! Youโ€™re right, I have not seen those in store for some time. 

Yes @pocketvenus ! Five is not enough! ๐Ÿ˜… But this is a great challenge to realize that we probably can be smarter packing and that we (at least for sure me) tend to take too much with us and sometimes it is not needed if we really stop and think how to be more ingenious.

@Saradestin My best travel tips, especially with liquid restrictions for air travel, is to find little containers and decant everything. Contact lens cases are really good because they never leak. Stick formulas are also preferred because again, they won't run or break so easily. This is also when I use foil and packet samples. I then put everything into a to-go case so I'm ready to travel anytime ๐Ÿ™‚ Though I think I need to refresh everything as I haven't used my little travel to-go kit since the pandemic hit!! I literally returned to Canada just as covid had started to spread worldwide ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Great tips @pocketvenus ! Thank you for sharing! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

@Saradestin Anytime ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ’–Oh, and best space saving packing method I've learned is to roll your clothes. If you search for "bundle packing" there are tutorials online.

That way they donโ€™t get as wrinkled either @pocketvenus! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Great list @peaches010712 ! ๐Ÿ‘

I have many ultimate summer vacations... so many places to experience! One domestic dream vacation is: 

Spoiler
A trip to various amusement parks nationwide to ride all the roller coasters. I haven't been to Cedar Point since the before times, and Steel Vengeance just sits out there, taunting me. (It opened during the pandemic.) The last time I visited King's Island, Vortex still existed. I still haven't been to Six Flags Great Adventure, so I've yet to ride El Toro, let alone the fairly recent Jersey Devil single rail coaster. California's Great America is closing (no date's set; Cedar Fair just announced they've sold the property the park sits on) and though I assume some rides will be relocated to other Cedar Fair parks, I wanna ride Gold Striker before the park's gone. And there are so many other great coasters out there... haven't even mentioned Busch Gardens (both locations) or Universal's Velocicoaster. Or Silver Dollar City (I'd love to ride Time Traveler and Outlaw Run), or Dollywood (hopefully Lightning Rod's actually running while I'm there). 

If I had enough time, I'd expand that vacation to global parks; then I could finally visit Phantasialand and ride Taron and F.L.Y., among others. I've always wanted to see that little park in person, even just for the incredibly immersive theming. And there are plenty other international parks and coasters on my bucket list. I could go on and on but I'll spare everyone. 

If "beauty products" includes makeup, skincare, haircare, and nails, then this is almost impossible for me to answer. ๐Ÿ˜… I'd have to rely on the hotel/B&B/etc. for face/body cleanser, shampoo, conditioner (ugh, I feel my coils shuddering in terror), and body lotion. I always have a glass nail file in my purse/bag, so I'll cheat and leave that in thereโ€”and plan to buy base coat and top coat on-the-go if needed. That leaves these in my carry-on: 

Things I can't believe I didn't list and would totally sneak into my bag if no one was keeping me honest: 

Spoiler
Dry shampoo - Either Redken Invisible Dry Shampoo or amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo . Then I might not need to use any shampoo or conditioner during vacation. 

SPF lip balm - The only one I like is Vanicream Lip Protectant Sunscreen. Since it contains no petrolatum, it's not moisturizing enough on its own for my lipsโ€”so I apply it over Aquaphor. 

A silk scrunchie or scarf - Something I'll use to pull my hair up into a puff or bun, or create some other type of updo. Either Slip Small Slipsilkโ„ข Scrunchies or Slip Medium Slipsilkโ„ข Scrunchies, or one of my many silk scarves. 

A few bobby pins - Because you never know when you'll need one. 

A small chunk of my facial cleanser - CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar. So many cleansers strip and dry the heck outta my skin, I really need to bring my own. 

Nail top coat - To re-top the manicure I hope lasts most (if not all) of my vacation, or to apply once chips formโ€”or after I've purposely peeled/chipped polish away, since I'm not bringing polish remover wipes (though I'd try sneaking those along, too). It'd likely be Glisten & Glow, but could also be Zoya Ultra Glossy Seal. I much prefer the former, but the latter's fine for re-upping top coat to an existing mani or applying to bare nails. 

Wow! I love your dream vacation! So much fun @WinglessOne !!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ and great products to take with you (both the strict five and the ones sneaking in ๐Ÿ˜) You have some awesome multitaskers there! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos106
  • Anna2BT_0-1656692224976.png
  • a-girl-who-takes-a-vacation-at-the-beach-on-a-bright-day-vector.jpeg
  • EF9BA073-E591-427C-ACEC-30E94A3BC3B8.jpeg
  • 8A0D1596-B0D7-4A02-B7FC-092CA084481F.jpeg
  • E00A4EE8-BBD8-4C71-955D-70517E04A95F.jpeg
  • B30C4BB5-504A-4B59-853B-43C6D39EE292.jpeg
  • EC927CDB-92EB-45D8-8605-68515B7B7B95.jpeg
  • 1A716B69-E025-414D-87A3-C2452652FB5C.jpeg
  • 09A7FA63-A44F-4E9A-8CD2-66CB8C84E68D.jpeg