cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The May Favorites Thread 2019!

May_Favorites.jpg

Can you all believe itโ€™s already time for another monthly favorites thread?! It feels like just yesterday we were sharing our April must-haves. We love learning about the products other beauty lovers have been enjoying to most each month and weโ€™re so excited to see which hair, skincare, fragrance, and makeup products you used the most during the month of May. As always, whether the products are new, a faithful holy-grail, or maybe just a favorite you rediscovered, we are here for it and want to know about it!

Iโ€™ll get the party started. Here are my May favorites:

Which products were your May faves? Show & tell!

Tags:

Re: The May Favorites Thread 2019!

@jen143xo for the Laneige lip balm they all have a tint to it except the pear one. Just a heads up. 

RE: The May Favorites Thread 2019!

I really wanna try summer Friday.. they never go on sale ๐Ÿ™„

@skincarebys they had a mini version of jet lag

@skincarebys they had a mini version of jet lag

May favoritesFDBD9AD3-1234-4E1D-9B4F-E3F45A778760.jpeg

3 are from Volition I absolutely love the VOLITION BEAUTY - Strawberry-C Brightening Serum

VOLITION BEAUTY - Turmeric Brightening Polish

and VOLITION BEAUTY - Prismatic Luminizing Shield SPF 50.

The strawberry serum has replaced DE C-Firma and B-Hydra. The turmeric polish replaced OH walnut scrub and the luminizing shield replaced DE umbra. I am really impressed with Volition and love that it is a bit cheaper than DE. 

I love KOPARI - Coconut Deodorant

in gardenia. It is my favorite of the 3 Kopari deodorants I have. 

My new favorite face oil is Farmacy Honey Grail Ultra-Hydrating Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

It smells amazing and is so hydrating!

@faeriegirl I am loving Honey Grail, too!  I really like the Volition scrub, too, and I just picked up Strawberry C, but havenโ€™t used it yet๐Ÿ’—

@faeriegirl does the strawberry serum smell like real str...

@faeriegirl does the strawberry serum smell like real strawberries?? I've been eyeing this for awhile now!

Re: @faeriegirl does the strawberry serum smell like real str...

I wish it did @lmaster. It smells like cucumber. 

Re: @faeriegirl does the strawberry serum smell like real str...

Awwwww phooey! @faeriegirl well I may still try it anywho

@faeriegirl I just picked up the KOPARI - Coconut Deodorant

this this past weekend I'm excited to try it out so I'm glad you've been enjoying it ๐Ÿ™‚ 

It is fantastic @BrendaBT! I hope you like it too๐Ÿ˜Š

@faeriegirl Iโ€™ve been trying to be good, but that Volition set...and itโ€™s on sale๐Ÿค”

@faeriegirl Iโ€™m really interested in trying the Strawberry-C Serum! Iโ€™ve been using Oleโ€™s for a while and while I enjoy it I find I go through it fairly quickly... Were you using DEโ€™s C-Firma and B-Hydra together as they suggest? I use B-Hydra with the A-Passioni and on itโ€™s own, and I love it!! But you find the Strawberry-C works well enough to brighten and hydrate? 

@alexasteph Yes I used to mix 1 pump of C-Firma and 1 pump of B-Hydra. The Volition definitely feels like it is more hydrating so I started using the b-hydra at night with my a-passioni too. The only thing I donโ€™t like is the smell I wish it smelled more like strawberry but it smells like cucumber. I do seem to be going through it faster since Iโ€™m not mixing it though.

@faeriegirl Cucumber? Interesting, cucumber isnโ€™t mentioned in the description at all. I do like cucumber a lot though. Itโ€™s a little less than Oleโ€™s for the same amount, so it definitely might be worth giving it a try! Iโ€™ll need to stock up on some skincare within the next month or so so I might just add that too! 

I've never tried Volition,  and Honey Grail is on my list of things to try! @faeriegirl 

i have quite a few favorites this month i feel particularly enthused about !! skincare & hair heavy ๐Ÿ™‚

Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum 1 oz-- i adore using this in conjunction with PIXI retinol tonic (which i'll also picture here, you can get it at target) at night. i noticed a difference very quickly with pretty consistent use (every 10 days or so i take a couple days off from it), such as a reduction in fine lines as well as less congestion in my problem areas. both of these retinol products are entry level and gentle. i don't peel, but can feel a little sensitive overtime so i know when to take a day or two off.

REN Clean Skincare Evercalmโ„ข Overnight Recovery Balm 1.02 oz/ 30 mL-- so soothing, particularly after the retinol regimen mentioned above. my skin can be breakout prone, but there's nothing in this my skin doesn't like, much to my relief. i repurchased my second tub of it this month, only to have my love for it reinforced.

SUPERGOOP! - Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40-- good god have i finally found a sunscreen that doesn't break me out ?! i have !! not for those who can't tolerate silicones, but it's brilliant. super thin, primer-like, no smell, not greasy.

OLAPLEX - No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme-- i've been growing out my hair since i joined these boards in 2014, and really haven't been getting my hair trimmed as i should (or ever, except for a little at-home maintenance). this stuff, though, i swear, makes my hair look like i HAVE been trimming my ends. i apply to damp hair as well as to dry hair as needed, and find my hair is far more manageable.

IGK Direct Flight Multi-Tasking Dry Shampoo 6.3 oz/ 307 mL-- i've never used a dry shampoo i felt lived up to its promises until i found this stuff about 5 weeks ago. it doesn't have the best reviews which blows my mind, because it's been a game changer for me. refreshes hair, smells A DREAM, gives a bit of lived in texture, while not drying out my dryish wavy/curly hair too much. if you need more cleansing you can always go up one to the 'first class' one; i love this brand has such options.

BITE BEAUTY - Agave+ Nighttime Lip Therapy-- i had the flu, it destroyed my lips, got this stuff in the sale, it saved my lips virtually overnight. i prefer it to the laneige. 

NARS - Sun Wash Diffusing Bronzer - Laguna-- (not pictured, whoops. there's always something i forget) i'm pale as can be and like it that way, but i like the dimension bronzer can give me, and i adore this formula. i use it as a proper bronzer and as an eyeshadow on easy days where i can't otherwise be bothered. i use it with a stiff flat top kabuki brush since the matte formula is a bit stiff compared to some other bronzers out there, but with this method i have no issues with getting enough product on my brush nor with blending.

SERGE LUTENS la fille de berlin -- simply, what i think is the most beautiful rose perfume of them all.

cheers !may 2019 favesmay 2019 faves

@jemly guess you answered my question... probably should...

@jemly guess you answered my question... probably should of read the entire post ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ that sounds great!

Re: @jemly guess you answered my question... probably should...

@lmaster it's literally the only face sunscreen i've ever found that plays well with both skincare underneath and makeup on top. the thing i love most though is that it has NOT broken me out. creamier sunscreens have always given me noticeably clogged pores in areas i don't tend to break out (not necessarily red/irritated/inflamed pimples, but definitely could lead to that). i was a little nervous about the amount of silicone, but it's given me no issues whatsoever. i've been telling everyone i can about it !

Re: @jemly guess you answered my question... probably should...

@jemly I keep getting super oily,I'll have to give it a try for sure!

wow so many are loving the supergoop @jemly what do you l...

wow so many are loving the supergoop @jemly what do you love about it?

@jemly Thank you for sharing! I love nighttime lip masks so I'll have to try BITE BEAUTY - Agave+ Nighttime Lip Therapy ๐Ÿ™‚ 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos27
  • May_Favorites.jpg
  • may 2019 faves
  • FDBD9AD3-1234-4E1D-9B4F-E3F45A778760.jpeg
  • D9E4B617-C39B-4CFC-8B9C-72BB18D690E0.jpeg
  • 20190525_162328.jpg
  • May favorites, part 1.
  • L: pressed Dark Matter shadow (from a palette). R: Dark Matter pigment (from Dark Star kit).
  • May favorites, part 2.
  • mayfaves.jpg
  • Mayfaves.jpg
  • 00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190531161349921.jpg
  • 8B703FED-F9D9-4DF6-A158-DB20A10B6D02.jpeg
  • @glowrecipe
  • May Favorites
testing