cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The May Favorites Thread 2019!

May_Favorites.jpg

Can you all believe it’s already time for another monthly favorites thread?! It feels like just yesterday we were sharing our April must-haves. We love learning about the products other beauty lovers have been enjoying to most each month and we’re so excited to see which hair, skincare, fragrance, and makeup products you used the most during the month of May. As always, whether the products are new, a faithful holy-grail, or maybe just a favorite you rediscovered, we are here for it and want to know about it!

I’ll get the party started. Here are my May favorites:

Which products were your May faves? Show & tell!

Tags:

Re: the ND blush is gorgeous on you @WinglessOne

Thanks @lmaster! ☺️

Re: The May Favorites Thread 2019!

@WinglessOne I bought the Unseen Sunscreen last month and loved the texture and how it left no trace or cast after application. But I just recently used it under makeup without another primer on top and was impressed with the job it did as a primer. I had a hard time finding a Sunscreen that I actually like so I will definitely be repurchasing!

@ParrotTulips  I’m glad you like it! Hooray for finding the right-for-you sunscreen! I don’t wear foundation (I wear skin tint on rare occasions), but I noticed my blush and concealer don’t slide/melt right off when applied directly over Unseen Sunscreen. It’s definitely got a primer effect. 🙂

I've been impressed with the Supergoop Unseen sunblock @WinglessOne; love how it wears as a primer. That Wander mascara sounds like something I should try - I have a hard time with mascara on my bottom lashes; putting this one on my list.

@itsfi  The Wander mascara is new to me this month. Not only is it easy to apply to bottom lashes, it’s impressively smudgeproof once it dries down. First time I wore it (top and bottom lashes), my eyes were in itchy watery mode—due to allergies, not this mascara—but Mile High didn’t smudge until I really intentionally messed with it by rubbing my bottom lashes a lot, and even then I got just a tiny smudge below 2 lashes. It’s no harder to wash off than my favorite mascara; doesn’t irritate my eyes; and it makes my normally invisible bottom lashes jet black yet natural looking. It’s worth trying. 🙂 

And I love how many folks are listing Unseen Sunscreen as a May favorite. Even when I use a different sunscreen on most of my face, I’ll probably always use this one around my eyes. I

So far these are my favorites:

CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Magic Away Concealer

The best one I found for concealing pimples. The texture, coverage and even the applicator makes it a breeze.I like it under my eyes too, but I'm still getting used to the applicator.

SUPERGOOP! - Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40

The texture caught me off guard at first, but it absorbs and feels nice on the skin after application. Works well as a primer(or under another primer) with any foundation/bb cream I've tried, even the Kosas tinted face oil (known for pilling).

Huxley - Oil Essence Serum. This is so lovely. I use it as a moisturizing serum after my C E ferulic serum and it adds moisture, layers well under other products, has a lovely texture and a beautiful scent. A winner for sure -  I'm in love lol!

@Cyncynn I agree with you, it takes a while to get used to the CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Magic Away Concealer's applicator but it's such a beautiful product, one of my favorite concealers!

@BrendaBT  Yes, you also need a lot less product when compared to other concealers which is 'odd' too.

@Cyncynn, I was surprised how much I liked the Supergoop Unseen SPF. 🙂 Good to know that it's compatible with the Kosas oil foundation; I picked that one up during the sale and will have to try pairing it with the Supergoop Unseen.

@itsfi Just give it a minute until it fully absorbs - worked like a charm for me.

If it pills it might be due to something else.

I found out that the Skinceuticals H.A. intensifier makes it pill like nothing I've ever seen before, almost like a peeling gel. After some digging I found out that product has a few silicones in its formula (I have nothing against silicones, but on expensive skincare - specially serums - UGH!).

Thank you so much @Cyncynn! ❤️ I'll give it a try this week!

Oooh, Skinceuticals H.A. is a nice serum; I usually use it in the evening and wait for a while before layering my moisturizer on top of it.

@itsfi  It really is!

It's nice on the lips too, after using it on the lips right before my laneige lip mask I've notice a good improvement on my lips! 

That's brilliant @Cyncynn! I'm going to try that tonight! 🙂 I never would have thought about that!

I didn’t try many new items, but I did fall in ♥️ With Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Pore Perfecting Cleansing Gel 7.5 oz/ 225 mL

as my new go to face wash. It doesn’t leave a tight or dry feeling what so ever and contains no soap. 

I also cheated on my long time love Jo Malone Blackberry and Bay and purchased Juliette Has a Gun MMMM… 3.3 oz/ 100 mL Eau de Parfum Spray

it it smells incredible. I’ve never received so many compliments on my perfume then when I wear that scent. 

@GG84 I've used that cleanser before and really enjoyed it. Love the texture!

I am really intrigued by all the wonderful reviews of Juliette Has A Gun scents! I think one of these will be my next fragrance purchase. Maybe this one of the new Vanilla Vibes.

@ParrotTulips I was really disappointed by the Vanilla Vibes it just wasn’t what I expected 🤷🏻‍♀️ It has all these weird undertones, at one point I smelled mint, then a salty vibe then I swear it smelled exactly like CK One - with a subtle vanilla fleck. 

Juliette Has a Gun MMMM… 3.3 oz/ 100 mL Eau de Parfum Spray

is beautiful and the original Juliette Has a Gun Not A Perfume 3.3 oz/ 100 mL

are my faves. 

Oh no! Disappointed by the Vanilla vibes fail, I really gravitate towards vanilla. So I will definitely take a look at the two you mentioned. I’m going to try to get to an actual Sephora store that carries this line so I can test them out. Thanks for the recommendations!

@ParrotTulips - You can get a sample of Juliette Has a Gun Vanilla Vibes 3.4oz/100mLusing the promo code GOODVIBES and a $25 purchase.  It wasn't quite what I was expecting so I was glad to get a sample vs. buying it.  It's not bad though, just more vanilla-y than I would like.

@Titian06 I’m sorry I didn’t even get a notification for this mention! Thanks for letting me know. I might just have to do that promo since I don’t a Sephora near me. 

I have to say that I have loved the Tatcha The Satin Skin Mist 1.35 oz/ 40 mL

I have used the sample I received a few times and I love the way it cuts down on my facial oiliness. I always seem to get really oily in the T-Zone a couple of hours after putting on makeup. The only downside is it’s a little pricy, but I would say that it’s worth it to me. I definitely plan on buying a full size version soon.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos27
  • May_Favorites.jpg
  • may 2019 faves
  • FDBD9AD3-1234-4E1D-9B4F-E3F45A778760.jpeg
  • D9E4B617-C39B-4CFC-8B9C-72BB18D690E0.jpeg
  • 20190525_162328.jpg
  • May favorites, part 1.
  • L: pressed Dark Matter shadow (from a palette). R: Dark Matter pigment (from Dark Star kit).
  • May favorites, part 2.
  • mayfaves.jpg
  • Mayfaves.jpg
  • 00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190531161349921.jpg
  • 8B703FED-F9D9-4DF6-A158-DB20A10B6D02.jpeg
  • @glowrecipe
  • May Favorites
testing