Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The Gratitude Challenge Week 8: Who inspires you?

ezgif-6-38c760b0b5b3_new.gif

Seasons greetings, Beauty Insider Community! The Gratitude Challenge is all about spreading the love and recognizing the people in your life that have made a difference (big or small) in your own life -- either IRL or virtually in the BIC! Celebrating the holidays might look a little different this year, which is why we wanted to take the time – in the midst of basket-building and sale-shopping -- to give thanks for what makes this Community so great (ALL OF YOU!) and encourage you to do the same with us.

Each week will have a different theme, and a new opportunity to give a shoutout to a special someone (or multiple people!) that fits that description for you. Don’t forget to tag their BIC username if they’re on Community! And if you get tagged, be sure to return the favor and keep the gratitude train goin’. 😊

• Week 1 (11/6 – 11/12): someone who can always put a smile on your face 😃
  • Week 2 (11/13 – 11/19): someone who gives great product advice and recommendations 💄
  • Week 3 (11/20 – 11/26): someone you’re thankful for 🦃
  • Week 4 (11/27 – 12/3): a new friend in your life 👬
  • Week 5 (12/4 – 12/10): someone who sends the best memes! 🤣
  • Week 6 (12/11 – 12/17): someone who deserves a lil extra love 💞
  • Week 7 (12/18 – 12/24): someone with the best holiday spirit 🎁
  • Week 8 (12/25 – 12/31): someone who inspires you 🤩

Who are you grateful for? Shout-out or tag the special people in your life by replying below!  😊

Re: The Gratitude Challenge Week 7: Who has the best holiday spirit?!

To me one of the most generous and community bonding experiences that are present during the holiday season is people going to the trouble of putting up outdoor Christmas lights and decorations. I'm sure they  enjoy them also (as we do ours,) but mostly they are for the benefit of strangers passing by their homes.  That act of kindness can really lift someone's spirits and has been a tradition that has stood the test of time for generations, marking a season of joy, gratitude, giving, and consideration of how to encourage joy in others.

So true @Ispend2much6 . We look so forward to seeing all of it every year and especially this year. Well needed. 

@Sunnysmom   I did notice people have put up lights this year more than usual; that makes me happy!

@Ispend2much6 you've put it very well. When I lived in Chicago there was a neighborhood in the North side that had many houses that went all out every year. It's a holiday tradition. Big props to the family with the towering wooden Rudolph and the house with the 3 story Christmas tree that extended onto the roof. I have been going for about 20 years so it's sad I'm missing it.

@sprocketta   Thanks!  I'm glad you have such a sweet memory.

@sprocketta Awwwww. sounds nice 

@tjffc it always makes me happy. There's a big light display here but you have to pay and wait time can be up to 4 hours. I said I would go earlier this month and didn't. Not braving a 4 hour wait.

@Ispend2much6 I agree!  Outdoor decor and lights, especially during this time is full of holiday cheer!  

@tjffc   There's nothing like it!

@Ispend2much6 I don't know if you have the Nextdoor app, but they put a Cheer list of where houses have lights. All you have to do is pin your home and then people know which streets to drive down in order to see lights. 

@niki172   I did see a map of lit streets somewhere but didn't know where it came from.  Thanks!

@TeamBIC I'd like to show gratitude to @sprocketta for holiday decor thread.  It encouraged me to decorate early and my family has enjoyed the decor.  It was also great that you inspired others in the community to post their lovely decor .💕

Yes, @tjffc! Thank you @sprocketta @for creating a place where I can appreciate the holidays stres-free😂

I also want to recognize @sprocketta !  I love the holiday decorations thread!  I really enjoy seeing everyone's decorations indoors and out.  🎄☃️

@Titian06 thank you! It's certainly nice and cheerful.

Yup! Thank you @sprocketta for creating that thread (even though I've turned into a lurker and not gotten around to posting anything yet lol). Everybody's decorations and trees are so festive and fun to look at!

@niki172 thanks! I have tried really hard to get into the holiday spirit to distract myself from not going home this year. I am so happy when I look at decorated apartment.

Thanks @tjffc I've really been enjoying it. I'm glad you have too.

@TeamBIC I've been grateful for @veronika23 and her holiday posts!  I wanted to start some new ones for 2020, but have been overwhelmed by work.  🙂

Yep yep yep!!! I have to agree with @veronika23 

@greeneyedgirl107 Yup agree, without @veronika23 holiday thread, it wouldn’t be the same. Hope everyone is doing well. I’m burying myself with work. 😂🤣 

553 Replies
testing