Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Summer Skin All-Stars

We spend so much time focused on the beauty products we’re applying to our faces that it feels as if we’re missing some of the innovation in the world of body care and tanning products. For this reason, we're starting a summer skin thread to discuss the body care products we’re trying out and loving so far this summer. We’ve worked with a few experts when it comes to body care and we’ve put together the perfect mix of products to get your body summer-ready… And no, cardio isn’t on the list 😊

All Products Image.png

Prep with OUAI Cleansing Scalp & Body Sugar Scrub 8.8 oz/ 250 g

First up, if you want to tan at home you cannot forget to prep the skin by exfoliating! Ouai’s Scalp and Body Scrub is quickly becoming one of my favorite products for a gentle body and scalp exfoliation that doesn’t leave my skin dehydrated. The sugar crystals exfoliate and probiotics in the formula balance your skin’s natural bacteria levels, which is great for scalp and skin health. The coconut oil contains fatty acids which help to moisturize and the scent, Melrose Place, is truly enchanting with hints of rose, bergamot, lychee, cedar-wood, and white musk. If you’re into self-care this is a must!

Tan and Moisturize with Isle of Paradise Self Tanning Natural Glow Face Drops Medium and

SOL DE JANEIRO - Coco Cabana Cream

I love to mix a small handful of Coco Cabana with a few squeezes of the tanning drops, mix it evenly in my hands and apply everywhere like I would lotion. Coco Cabana has a sweet, coconut-y scent which mixes nicely with my summer fragrances. Please wear this lotion and spritz Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Under the Lemon Trees 3.4oz/ 100mL… Just trust me on this one! Because Coco Cabana moisturizes for up to 72 hours it also pairs nicely with tanning drops which, like any tanning product, can settle into dry skin and get patchy if you don’t properly exfoliate and moisturize. The tanning drops are great because you get to customize the tan you want to achieve. Only add a few drops for a subtle, gradual tan or squeeze the dropper a few times to get a summer vacay tan overnight. If you aren’t into tanning products, Coco Cabana is still a body care must-have due to the impressive list of ingredients which provide moisture and elasticity. You can add the tanning drops to any moisturizer but I've been loving this combo specifically. Whatever you do, please don’t use the drops alone because the pigment power is real! Oh, and remember to wash your hands after applying 😉

Before and After wearing Huda NYMPH.jpg

Get Glowy with HUDA BEAUTY - N.Y.M.P.H. 

Brand Founder and #beautygoals legend, Huda Kattan wasn’t kidding when she named this product N.Y.M.P.H. which is short for “not your mama's pantyhose!” This is an all-over highlighter that is gorgeous on the face but, in my opinion, is a gamechanger when used on the legs. Every time I wear N.Y.M.P.H. I get so. many. compliments. Needless to say, I’ve sold a few bottles of this shimmery magic. I’ve always had visible veins on my legs and, while tanning products reduce the appearance of veins, N.Y.M.P.H. is a now a holy grail for me! Brenda and I are modeling Luna, the lightest shade, and Aphrodite, the medium shade.  This product is super pigmented so I suggest going to your local Sephora in a pair of jean shorts to try this out to find your best shade. My perfect shade is a combo of Luna and Aphrodite. One callout on application, use only 2-3 pumps per leg and rub it in quickly! This pigmented formula goes a long way and sets quickly which we love because it stays in place and doesn’t transfer. Don’t worry about ruining your favorite summer dress but be sure to wash this off with soap in the shower like you would wash your face.  

BECCA.jpg

Add a Golden Glow with BECCA - Glow Body Stick - Collector’s Edition

The final product we’re discussing is another all-over highlighter from Community favorite brand Becca Cosmetics and it falls under a category I like to call vanity candy. My first impression of the product is that I needed to have it because it looks like a gigantic, gold, luxe tube of lipstick. The formula provides a subtle, moisturizing glow in the famous shade Champagne Pop many of us know and love. The formula is going to make your skin happy with a combination of coconut oil, shea butter, and vitamin E and I love slathering this on my shoulders and arms. You can also rub the stick to your palms to warm the formula and get enough product to apply to your legs. I like how easy this is to apply and LOVE the way it feels.

What are your favorite summer body care products? Anything you have your eye on but want to learn more about? Let’s talk summer skin!

BONUS: If you feel so inclined, let us know where you’ve visited or are heading this summer! I am at the airport and heading to Europe for two weeks and could not be more excited!

RE: Summer Skin All-Stars

I do not use tanning products, but I do use extra sunscreen during the summer. I have yet to find a zinc sunscreen that doesn’t make me scratch myself silly, so I have to go with the chemical blocks. I have become a huge fan girl of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer line. Including the mist that I hear is not supposed to be good because people inhale it... I do t have that problem because I keep my nose and mouth covered with any spray product. But my all time current fave for my face is Supergoop! Unseen. If it was cheaper I’d use it on my whole body. I tried many other sunscreens this summer and like always most are complete duds. I have gotten really into the Sol De J body wash and bum bum lotion this summer, oh and the body spray. Especially right before bed. It just feels so cozy to be wrapped up in that scent. I also use the coconut one, mainly on elbows hands and knees, oh and on tattoos. For extra skin care.

Re: Summer Skin All-Stars

Oooh, I'm gonn have to try that Becca one for my legs @KatieBT 

Can you believe I have pasty white legs and never thought to tan till this year? I always sat and tried to tan my legs with the sun and it takes a lot of sunning. So I tried  St. Tropez Self Tan Express Bronzing Mousse 6.7 oz/ 200 mLIt works wonders  and is so easy to apply. It keeps my legs non pasty for at least 2 weeks and  I love it.  

Another one that I love and like the coconut smell better than the bum bum cream is KOPARI - Coconut Body Glow

@lmaster I have been wanting to try the Sol de Janeiro Glowmotions Glow Body Oil Copacabana Bronze

I will have to try them!

Best,
Rebecca

It will look so beautiful on you @RebeccaBT 💙

I've been wanting to get back into the self-tan game but have had so many mishaps in the past that I'm nervous. 

How is the Isle of Paradise line in terms of ease, evenness, and scent?

@jlubin The Isle of paradise drops are unbelievable. You mix it with your own moisturizer, so you can control how intense your tan will be. I've used it twice, no mitt required and no bad self-tanner scent whatsoever. No streaks, very natural and not a hint of orange.

I am putting my moisturizer in a little pot (using an empty face moisturizer container) and then adding and mixing the drops to insure my tan has the same intensity all over my body. Some people, on the reviews page mix it in their hands as they apply the moisturizer, but I like being more methodical lol.

Wonderful thread, I love learning about new body care and tanning products @KatieBT !! Here are my summer favorites for a glowing beachy look:

309B04AF-1D67-498C-9E33-199A1070343E.jpeg

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Visibly Firming Refillable Body Cream 8.1 oz/ 240 mL

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Play Moisturizing Shower Cream-Gel 13 oz/ 385 mL

Maison Margiela ’REPLICA’ Beach Walk Travel Spray 0.34 oz/ 10 mL eau de toilette spray

OUAI Cleansing Scalp & Body Sugar Scrub 8.8 oz/ 250 g

Vita Liberata Body Blur Sunless Glow in Latte

Coola Classic Sport sunscreen SPF 50

Calvin Klein CK2

I am also really intrigued by the Isle of Paradise self tanning drops and that Becca glow body stick 🙂 

YES! I live and die by Bum Bum Cream. 

Wow, incredible photos of the Becca glow stick!

My current summer skin favs are:

KOPARI - Coconut Crush Scrub-exfoliation is key to an even self tan!

KOPARI - Coconut Body Milk-keeps my skin smelling tropical and feeling extra moisturized after a nice, long shower

St. Tropez Self Tan Express Bronzing Mousse 6.7 oz/ 200 mL-this helps me go from pale princess to bronzed goddess in as little as 2 hours. It works quickly and never goes on patchy 😉

FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA - Body Lava Body Luminizer - Who Needs Clothes?!-for an all over, non-sticky body glow that shines all day

Ohhhh fun thread, @KatieBT ! Your pics are beautiful!

Enjoy your vacay - It's been a while since I've been to Europe - you'll have soooo much fun!

Here are my summer body faves:

Summer Body Faves.jpg

Spoiler

PATRICK TA Major Glow Body Oil A Vision

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Visibly Firming Refillable Body Cream 8.1 oz/ 240 mL

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Crush Cheirosa ’62 Bum Bum Hair & Body Fragrance Mist 8.1 oz/ 240 mL

SOL DE JANEIRO - Coco Cabana Cream

First Aid Beauty KP Bump Eraser Body Scrub with 10% AHA 8 oz/ 226 g

COMPTOIR SUD PACIFIQUE - Vanille Banane

OUAI - After Sun Body Soother

TOM FORD Eau de Soleil Blanc Eau de Toilette Fragrance 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Under the Lemon Trees 3.4oz/ 100mL

Herbivore Jasmine Glowing Hydration Body Oil 4 oz/ 118 mL

Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue Eau de Toilette Spray 3.3 oz/ 100 mL

SUPERGOOP! - Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40

@Tamara76 I've been dying to try the PATRICK TA Major Glow Body Oil A Vision

and always tell myself I don't need it but I think you sold me on how good it smells now I HAVE to try it out! (Plus there is no such a thing as too much sparkle lol :D)

@BrendaBT It is soooooooo good - It is moisturizing, makes your skin look glowy and it smells amazing! ❤️

I get KP on the backs of my legs / arms and THE BEST solution is  DERMADOCTOR - KP Duty® Body Scrub.I'm probably on my 5th tub of this stuff! It's expensive but it only takes a tiny bit a couple of times each week. A tub normally lasts me an entire year. Then, my all time favorite moisturizer is the JOSIE MARAN - Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter.Absorbs so quickly and all the scents smell wonderful!

I think this is self explanatory😂😂😂6E28CDEF-4C20-4979-B865-6F48BF19E729.jpeg

I just bought Brazilian Bum Bum Cream for the first time a couple weeks ago and can't wait to get my next Sephora order which is all Sol de Janeiro products. I'm obsessed now! The smell is so good like summer in a jar. 

yes @cianni it sure is lol

yes @cianni it sure is lol

I support this addiction...I mean COLLECTION @cianni 😉 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@cianni I can almost smell this picture and I LOVE IT! 

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Visibly Firming Refillable Body Cream 8.1 oz/ 240 mLIs the one product I run out of so quick and constantly keep on purchasing! lol

49 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos9
  • All Products Image.png
  • 6E28CDEF-4C20-4979-B865-6F48BF19E729.jpeg
  • Summer Body Faves.jpg
  • Before and After wearing Huda NYMPH.jpg
  • BECCA.jpg
  • 309B04AF-1D67-498C-9E33-199A1070343E.jpeg
testing